• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kamala Harris is set to visit the border

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Your in for a long wait if people think she's actually doing to do something useful.
ROTFLMAO
You whined for weeks making numerous threads about her not showing up at the border.
As though her mere border presence would change things.
And the ONLY thing it changed was the focus of your whining.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
ROTFLMAO
You whined for weeks making numerous threads about her not showing up at the border.
As though her mere border presence would change things.
And the ONLY thing it changed was the focus of your whining.
Yea and to think Harris would go to the bulls eye too. Ground zero.

Oh well.

That's what I get for putting too much stock into it.

Ponder This

Lol, so her doing something is dependant on public opinion? " I just can't bring myself to do anything useful while people dislike me."

I don't know if public opinion makes Harris feel like she can or cannot do things, but a competent person would've made a visit to the border a high priority.
"Walk and chew gum at the same time"? Apparently not. Instead, she had to swallow that gum, along with her pride, before she could take a simple walk down to the border.
I say, better late than never.

McBell

What changed is that there stopped being a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
The reason her reputation may be unsalvageable is that there was a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
With that sort of public pressure lessened, I think she will have an improved chance of doing something useful.
So it has nothing to do with the border crisis and everything to do with the bold empty claims of incompetence?

McBell

I don't know if public opinion makes Harris feel like she can or cannot do things, but a competent person would've made a visit to the border a high priority.
"Walk and chew gum at the same time"? Apparently not. Instead, she had to swallow that gum, along with her pride, before she could take a simple walk down to the border.
I say, better late than never.
Again I flat out ask, how does not going to the border made her incompetent?

Ponder This

So it has nothing to do with the border crisis and everything to do with the bold empty claims of incompetence?

Again I flat out ask, how does not going to the border made her incompetent?

Obviously, the border situation is getting worse and clearly her actions have failed to improve the situation. But that aside, she was also incompetent as a politician to put off visiting the border for as long as she did. Visiting the border is something a competent politician would've done sooner. I hope that she continues with greater competence going forward.

I've essentially stated the same thing three times now in response. If you don't understand what I've posted... then I don't know what to tell you that would make what I've posted any more clear. Do you regard her failure to visit the border as a sign of competence? Perhaps that is your problem as I simply disagree with that. Is there anything more to say?

McBell

Obviously, the border situation is getting worse and clearly her actions have failed to improve the situation. But that aside, she was also incompetent as a politician to put off visiting the border for as long as she did. Visiting the border is something a competent politician would've done sooner. I hope that she continues with greater competence going forward.

I've essentially stated the same thing three times now in response. If you don't understand what I've posted... then I don't know what to tell you that would make what I've posted any more clear. Do you regard her failure to visit the border as a sign of competence? Perhaps that is your problem as I simply disagree with that. Is there anything more to say?
Yes, you have merely repeated the bold empty claim over and over without explanation as to why or how it is "incompetence" on the part of Harris.
According to you, it is "incompetence" simply because you think it is "incompetence".

Apparently there was nothing more for you to say after your first post....
I mean, all you are doing is repeating the same thing over and over as if merely repeating it somehow answers questions concerning what you posted.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

I'm wondering the same thing as that poster, because you just keep repeating the same thing without explanation.

What does visiting the border actually accomplish? How does it improve the situation? How and why does visiting the border and taking photos magically make someone competent?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Vice President Kamala Harris is heading to the U.S.-Mexico border this week, amid an unrelenting chorus of criticism from Republicans over her failure to visit there.

Harris, who was tasked by President Joe Biden to lead diplomatic efforts to stem the flow of migrants arriving on the southern border, will visit El Paso, Texas, on Friday, according to sources familiar with the trip. She will be accompanied by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Symone Sanders, the vice president’s senior adviser and chief spokesperson, confirmed the trip in a statement, saying, “Earlier this year, the President asked the Vice President to oversee our diplomatic efforts to address the root causes of migration from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. As a part of this ongoing work, the Vice President traveled to Guatemala and Mexico earlier this month and will travel to El Paso on Friday.”
Kamala Harris is set to visit the border
Can't wait to see what the whiners are gonna whine about now....
Harris visits the border?
I for one am excited beyond...... zzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz......

Ponder This

Yes, you have merely repeated the bold empty claim over and over without explanation as to why or how it is "incompetence" on the part of Harris.
According to you, it is "incompetence" simply because you think it is "incompetence".

Apparently there was nothing more for you to say after your first post....
I mean, all you are doing is repeating the same thing over and over as if merely repeating it somehow answers questions concerning what you posted.

I'm wondering the same thing as that poster, because you just keep repeating the same thing without explanation.

What does visiting the border actually accomplish? How does it improve the situation? How and why does visiting the border and taking photos magically make someone competent?

That there was a daily headline in the news about her not visiting the border is a fact. A fact which supports the claim that she should've visited the border sooner. A thing which a more competent person would've done sooner. Ergo, her incompetence.

If anyone disagrees, they are free to provide their own reason as to why not visiting the border was somehow a sign of her competence (but, of course, no one in this thread has done such a thing). Now that she has visited the border, there is no longer a daily headline in the news about her not visiting the border.

As to improving the situation at the border, we can hope that Biden or Harris will do something to improve the situation at the border. I never made the claim that her visiting the border directly improved the situation at the border. Perhaps this is what has befuddled people in this thread? Well, I do not intend to give reasons to support a claim I did not make. So good luck with that.

McBell

That there was a daily headline in the news about her not visiting the border is a fact. A fact which supports the claim that she should've visited the border sooner. A thing which a more competent person would've done sooner. Ergo, her incompetence.

If anyone disagrees, they are free to provide their own reason as to why not visiting the border was somehow a sign of her competence (but, of course, no one in this thread has done such a thing). Now that she has visited the border, there is no longer a daily headline in the news about her not visiting the border.

As to improving the situation at the border, we can hope that Biden or Harris will do something to improve the situation at the border. I never made the claim that her visiting the border directly improved the situation at the border. Perhaps this is what has befuddled people in this thread? Well, I do not intend to give reasons to support a claim I did not make. So good luck with that.
1200px-MA_Route_4.svg.png

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

So if her visiting the border wouldn't directly improve the situation at the border, why should she go to the border? You still haven't explained that part. You make it sound like a waste of time, which it probably would be. All it would amount to is some lame photo op. So why are you so adamant that she should go to the border? Because other people are wondering why she hasn't gone? That's not a good explanation.