• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kamala Harris is set to visit the border

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Vice President Kamala Harris is heading to the U.S.-Mexico border this week, amid an unrelenting chorus of criticism from Republicans over her failure to visit there.

Harris, who was tasked by President Joe Biden to lead diplomatic efforts to stem the flow of migrants arriving on the southern border, will visit El Paso, Texas, on Friday, according to sources familiar with the trip. She will be accompanied by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Symone Sanders, the vice president’s senior adviser and chief spokesperson, confirmed the trip in a statement, saying, “Earlier this year, the President asked the Vice President to oversee our diplomatic efforts to address the root causes of migration from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. As a part of this ongoing work, the Vice President traveled to Guatemala and Mexico earlier this month and will travel to El Paso on Friday.”

Can't wait to see what the whiners are gonna whine about now....

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'll be fair, I think she does need to visit, so I agree there. Though not just because of Republican politicians because as soon as that's done, there will be another wedge issue.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I'll be fair, I think she does need to visit, so I agree there. Though not just because of Republican politicians because as soon as that's done, there will be another wedge issue.
I am waiting for her to be accused of some sort of photo opp thing.

Suave

Simulated character
Vice President Kamala Harris is heading to the U.S.-Mexico border this week, amid an unrelenting chorus of criticism from Republicans over her failure to visit there.

Harris, who was tasked by President Joe Biden to lead diplomatic efforts to stem the flow of migrants arriving on the southern border, will visit El Paso, Texas, on Friday, according to sources familiar with the trip. She will be accompanied by Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Symone Sanders, the vice president’s senior adviser and chief spokesperson, confirmed the trip in a statement, saying, “Earlier this year, the President asked the Vice President to oversee our diplomatic efforts to address the root causes of migration from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. As a part of this ongoing work, the Vice President traveled to Guatemala and Mexico earlier this month and will travel to El Paso on Friday.”

I suspect some of those who have criticized Vice President Kamala Harris for not having visited the border will also criticize her visit there as being nothing more than a political photo op.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I suspect some of those who have criticized Vice President Kamala Harris for not having visited the border will also criticize her visit there as being nothing more than a political photo op.
That seems to be the typical go to "argument" these days.

Can't help but wonder why they did not complain about any of Trumps photo ops, but jump at every single photo of a democrat claiming it to be nothing more than a photo op...

Ponder This

I agree that her reputation on the whole may be unsalvageable, but by visiting the border, she did stop being a daily news headline pointing out her incompetence. I think this will blunt a lot of the negativity towards her despite there being other things to complain about.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I agree that her reputation on the whole may be unsalvageable, but by visiting the border, she did stop being a daily news headline pointing out her incompetence. I think this will blunt a lot of the negativity towards her despite there being other things to complain about.
"pointing out her incompetence"?

What was solved by her appearing at the border?
Did the illegal immigrants suddenly start NOT crossing the border?
Are they all like "OMG! The Vice President of the United States showed up at the border! Abort! Abort! What are we to do now? The Vice President is at the border! We will never be able to get across illegally now!"

So what thing has so significantly changed now that she has been to the border?
I mean other than a bunch of whiners switching it up to some other thing to whine about?

Remember now, you claimed her not showing up until now has been so bad as to render her reputation "unsalvageable" and pointing out her "incompetence".

Ponder This

Are they all like "OMG! The Vice President of the United States showed up at the border! Abort! Abort! What are we to do now? The Vice President is at the border! We will never be able to get across illegally now!"

I mean other than a bunch of whiners switching it up to some other thing to whine about?

Remember now, you claimed her not showing up until now has been so bad as to render her reputation "unsalvageable" and pointing out her "incompetence".

What changed is that there stopped being a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
The reason her reputation may be unsalvageable is that there was a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
With that sort of public pressure lessened, I think she will have an improved chance of doing something useful.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

Are you saying that she is worthless or that this is going to help somehow or something else?
It probably is just a publicly stunt.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What changed is that there stopped being a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
The reason her reputation may be unsalvageable is that there was a daily headline in the news about her incompetence.
With that sort of public pressure lessened, I think she will have an improved chance of doing something useful.
Lol, so her doing something is dependant on public opinion? " I just can't bring myself to do anything useful while people dislike me."

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
That was my response to the OP...
There have been numerous people, some of them on this very forum, going on and on about Harris not going to the border.
As if her going to the border is somehow going to change the problems.

Now she has gone to the border.
And nothing has changed except they lost their "boo hoo she has not been to the border" tripe.
Do you perhaps know what they will be whining about now that she has gone to the border?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
There have been numerous people, some of them on this very forum, going on and on about Harris not going to the border.
As if her going to the border is somehow going to change the problems.

Now she has gone to the border.
And nothing has changed except they lost their "boo hoo she has not been to the border" tripe.
Do you perhaps know what they will be whining about now that she has gone to the border?
That she hasn't done anything about it? I don't think that's whining, I think it's expecting her to do her job.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
WHOOOMP THERE IT IS!!

Yea. The least impacted area in El paso.. Probably to lie to the public and say the crisis is not that bad.

At least I don't have to say "not today" anymore. I'm sure something else will come up. It always does.