• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's please stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awoon

JW's came to my door this morning. I did not answer the door even though they saw me sitting in the living room. I have asked these people three times in the last six months not to come here and take my address off there calling list which they said they would every time.
Why don't JW's listen ?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We had a very old lady come by the other day offering a pamphlet on death. We could have said, "looks like you should study it'. Apparently she couldn't read the 'No soliciting' sign.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My interactions with JW's generally never lasts longer than 30 seconds. I get a kick out of seeing them rushing down the driveway to the safety of their cars.

Awoon

A JW friend of mine from another forum assured me that if I ask for them to stay away they would. Maybe JW's where he lives listen better then JW's here.

Awoon

We had a very old lady come by the other day offering a pamphlet on death. We could have said, "looks like you should study it'. Apparently she couldn't read the 'No soliciting' sign.

They left the same pamphlet here today.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
They left the same pamphlet here today.

Maybe someone forgot to turn the printer off, and they have extras. I think she may have been going door to door. We are on their blacklist and rarely get them, but this may have been special. The poor lil ol lady was on her won too, which is unusual. Maybe someone can catch us up on the latest program of death being on the mind.
:)

nazz

Doubting Thomas
JW's came to my door this morning. I did not answer the door even though they saw me sitting in the living room. I have asked these people three times in the last six months not to come here and take my address off there calling list which they said they would every time.
Why don't JW's listen ?

Try answering the door naked. I hear that works. :D

Horrorble

Why don't JW's listen ?

JWs tend to come back because even if you won't listen to them there may be someone else in the household who is interested, that is how they reason it. They don't come on my side of the street, I have no idea why. I live on a very long road so maybe they are just not bothered to go all the way down. I have seen them going door to door on a main road where my street turns off from, but never down my own street. Strange.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
You can instead visit my house!

It seems like the Witnesses avoid our house for some reason. There is a group that will walk around three or four times a year, but I actually can only remember one time when a Witness actually came to our door out of all of those times, and being home alone I answered.

I was probably more inviting them in than not, but never flat out said "Come on in!" (didn't want to be awkward :eek:), and they simply handed me a pamphlet and left.

I swear, Iowa is really lazy when it comes to religion :shrug:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Use to have JWs and Mormons visited me with some regularity. I hoped they would both show up at the same time. It never happened but I always had the popcorn ready.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The trouble with JW's is that they are trying to save the world, their god told them to go out and witness to the world, in their minds they truly believe they are going to save you.

I myself have never witnessed anything bad with the JW's, they have always been polite to me, I even buy their awake and Watch Tower magazine, but I could never be one, not at all.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The trouble with JW's is that they are trying to save the world, their god told them to go out and witness to the world, in their minds they truly believe they are going to save you.

I myself have never witnessed anything bad with the JW's, they have always been polite to me, I even buy their awake and Watch Tower magazine, but I could never be one, not at all.

They are pretty loving people to still care for a person's soul after having the door slammed in their face so often, I doubt they hold optimistic hopes of people talking to them. If you think about it, they're pretty selfless practitioners.

The head of the organizations on the otherhand... :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The JWs come around every couple years. It's seldom enuf that I just nicely explain my devout heathenism.
I reserve my hate, scorn, rage & profanity for gov types who come around questioning my family about what's
on our property. The last county official who asked about a barn's existence sure got a sexually themed tirade
as he quickly fled towards his van.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Why don't JW's listen ?

We have them quite commonly coming to our house. To the point I purchased the Satanic Bible (which is an interesting read anyway) and always have it to hand when I answer the door. 'Please, allow me to tell you about Lucifer, the Lord of Light'. At Halloween I give them sweets and enjoy their confused expression.

They soon speed on their way.

cottage

Why don't JW's listen ?

I'm afraid I have the opposite problem. I ask them in to have discussion. Now they avoid me, but the invitation is still there. ;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The same JW couple have being coming to our place for 21 years now. They know we are heathens, but they know they can park their car on our drive whilst in the area, and that Mrs B makes brilliant coffee for them. They only call occasionally now, but know that they're always welcome. They just became friends, so I guess they're different to the ones who annoy you guys...

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
We have them quite commonly coming to our house. To the point I purchased the Satanic Bible (which is an interesting read anyway) and always have it to hand when I answer the door. 'Please, allow me to tell you about Lucifer, the Lord of Light'. At Halloween I give them sweets and enjoy their confused expression.

They soon speed on their way.
I used to do that and it was fun (I have also read the Satanic Bible and was a Satanist).

I have since mellowed to the point where I don't really care and can usually 'fog them out'.

I know in my heart that I am a Hindu and 'that is that'. I also know they are wasting our mutual time and sometimes, I'll just come straight out and say that too, rather politely and they go away.

Other times, I will see them coming and pretend not to 'be there' even though they know I am....it's like "I am ignoring you....".

However, there are those times when I will 'hear them out', but I will usually say 'you have 5 minutes...just state your case and go'. Then, they'll usually discuss a certain pamphlet they are handing out and show me certain passages in that and in the Bible and I am like.....'hmmm, yeah...okay, that's cool...' I take the address of their Temple and go 'I'll think about it, but the more you guys bug/push me, the less I will be inclined to 'think about it'.

They haven't been around in ages after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.