• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's please stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
The part where God makes man. Genesis 1 says it is on the sixth day, Genesis 2:4-7 says it was the first day, before plants.

Did God create other people before Adam?

OK, lets take it apart bit by bit.....

Gen 2:1, 2..."So the creation of the heavens and the earth and everything in them was completed. 2 On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work. "

No problem so far.....6 days of creation followed by a rest period.

"3 And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.
4 This is the account of the creation of the heavens and the earth."
When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
5 neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth
. For the Lord God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil.
6 Instead, springs came up from the ground and watered all the land."

It has already been stated that 6 days of creation have been accounted for and also now a rest day that followed, so here we are going back to the creation when there were no plants and no one to cultivate the soil to state that God had a system in place to water the vegetation, before he even made it. Genius!

7 "Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person."

Where does it say man was made on the first day? :confused:

8, 9 "Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made. 9 The Lord God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

And we know the rest....or I hope we do. :eek:

So now I am going to ask you what needs to be reconciled? What am I missing here?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Genesis 1 has people being created on the sixth and Genesis 2:4 has Adam, being created on the first day.

Were there people before Adam?

man was created on the 6th creative day in the chronological account.

In 2:4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven

all the creative days are rolled into 1 day. 'in the day' of their being created looks at that entire creation from start to finish as its its one event.

This is because the word 'day' does not mean 24hours in all occurences in the bible. 'day' can mean 'time' and it can also mean a specific 'period' of time such as 'the day of harvest' which spans several weeks, but the entire period of harvest is called 1 day.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pegg and Jay Jay Dee

I see what your saying. I just saw man, then vegetation an it seemed out of place.

thats ok, many people try to reconcile chpt 2 with chapter 1 as if are the same creation account.

But chpt 2 is not a chronological account.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Pegg and Jay Jay Dee
I see what your saying. I just saw man, then vegetation an it seemed out of place.

Wonderful! Problem solved. :) The first chapter is the order of creation, the second is a wrap up of more detail concerning the first humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.