• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify your "Irish" roots.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Being Irish is a wonderful thing, but we have to deal with a lot of people claiming to be Irish with little real evidence. For example, some people think that being able to quote lines from "Father Ted" gets you an Irish passport. It's a little bit more feckin complicated than that, Mrs Doyle.
Or: "My great grandmother might have been in steerage on the Titanic, at least going by the filum."

So if you claim Irish roots, where's your evidence?

Daft answers only, please.
"Irish" of course comes from the Hebrew words Ir-Ish (עיר איש) which means "city man". Being from the city, I am therefore Irish.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
"Irish" of course comes from the Hebrew words Ir-Ish (עיר איש) which means "city man". Being from the city, I am therefore Irish.

Intellectuals are always welcome, though we'll have to check with the Welsh. Make your mark here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not ringing a bell. Maybe I need to get out more.
Kuhnigits with their so called Arthur King! Thats who they are! They're mothers are hamsters, their fathers smell of elderberries, and they're empty headed animal food trough wipers.

Viker

Häxan
Was that daft or draft?

Stone-Arrogant-*******-Black-Metallic-Stout-16OZ-CAN_grande.jpeg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Being Irish is a wonderful thing, but we have to deal with a lot of people claiming to be Irish with little real evidence. For example, some people think that being able to quote lines from "Father Ted" gets you an Irish passport. It's a little bit more feckin complicated than that, Mrs Doyle.
Or: "My great grandmother might have been in steerage on the Titanic, at least going by the filum."

My family got kicked out of Scotland because they were too rowdy....so they went to Ireland....and got kicked out again because they were to Protestant...not sure if that makes me Irish....but they were there...at least until they got kicked out...... they went on to get kicked out of Canada too....Ended up in Pennsylvania..... where, as hard as they tried...they never got kicked out of...

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

My name is Erin and my surname is also Irish. My family is Irish.

I’m adopted, but that magically means I’m still Irish right?

(Ok bio mother surname could be Irish too but still, this reasoning is daft)

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
My name is Erin and my surname is also Irish. My family is Irish.

I’m adopted, but that magically means I’m still Irish right?

(Ok bio mother surname could be Irish too but still, this reasoning is daft)

I'm adopted too. Irish and Irish.

You definitely count.