• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify your "Irish" roots.

RestlessSoul

My family got kicked out of Scotland because they were too rowdy....so they went to Ireland....and got kicked out again because they were to Protestant...not sure if that makes me Irish....but they were there...at least until they got kicked out...... they went on to get kicked out of Canada too....Ended up in Pennsylvania..... where, as hard as they tried...they never got kicked out of...

So if you are to carry on the family tradition, where will you get kicked out of? And where will you end up?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Congratulations! According to Yankistani Oirish rules that makes you eligible to claim status as a full blooded Irishman no less Oirish than any man born on the Emerald Isle. As a result you are entitled to greet everyone you meet by saying "top o' the mornin' to ye", operate floats in the St Patrick's day parade, complain about how Guinness doesn't taste the same here as it does 'back home' (even though you've never been to Ireland), drink in Irish bars while complaining about how the English have oppressed 'my people', donate money to the IRA, go on about how you are really into 'real Irish rebel music' which means you own one CD by the Wolfe Tones and insist the the Irish "built America".

Well, the idea of operating a parade float sounds interesting. I've always wanted to be in a parade since I was inspired by this scene from Animal House:

maxresdefault.jpg

I wouldn't use this design though, at least not for a St. Patrick's Day parade. I'd work out some kind of theme of Lucky the Leprechaun finally getting back at those bratty kids who are always stealing his Lucky Charms.

As for Guinness, I don't recall that I've ever had a Guinness before. If I did, I may have forgotten. I don't really drink that much beer. Last time, I got a six-pack of Milwaukee's Best. If that's their best, I'd hate to have their worst.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So if you are to carry on the family tradition, where will you get kicked out of? And where will you end up?

Well, as a kid....I was kicked out of my high school library for life, kicked out of a McDonalds...for life.....have not yet got to the "kicked out of a country" level yet....but I'm working on it

RestlessSoul

Well, as a kid....I was kicked out of my high school library for life, kicked out of a McDonalds...for life.....have not yet got to the "kicked out of a country" level yet....but I'm working on it

Was that every McDonald’s, or just the one outlet?

Either way, I’m impressed. And I really don’t think you’re missing much.

I was banned from the occasional pub back in the day. But there is always another pub (though some London boozers had an All For One policy, where they’d all share info about known undesirables).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Loser. I was told many times to leave Indiana, once to leave Missouri, and a few times country was implied.

Wu Wei

Was that every McDonald’s, or just the one outlet?

Either way, I’m impressed. And I really don’t think you’re missing much.

I was banned from the occasional pub back in the day. But there is always another pub (though some London boozers had an All For One policy, where they’d all share info about known undesirables).

One McDonalds... oh and you reminded me, I was kicked out of a pub/restaurant for life too... must keep the family honor you know

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
told to and implied mean nothing unless you were actually banned it is just an empty threat
But rules and policies have been changed because of me. There's actually several policies around town where I used to live that are the result of my family and I scaring, upsetting, angering, or otherwise irritating the children of uptight Anglo-Saxons and prudish Franks.

Wu Wei

I feel deprived. I've bean thinking for 3.5 minutes and can't think of one place I've been banned from. No fair.

I'm sorry to hear that

But rules and policies have been changed because of me. There's actually several policies around town where I used to live that are the result of my family and I scaring, upsetting, angering, or otherwise irritating the children of uptight Anglo-Saxons and prudish Franks.

RULES!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAA Banned people don't need no stinking rules

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm sorry to hear that

RULES!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAA Banned people don't need no stinking rules
You think changes in them makes me care? You think I lower my standards to please others? I'll just do what I want anyways as I would have anyways, like when I walked off on a boss for being a insufferable dummy.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've been asked if my name is Irish. It isn't, but that's as close as I could get, other than my fondness for limericks.

Wu Wei

You think changes in them makes me care? You think I lower my standards to please others? I'll just do what I want anyways as I would have anyways, like when I walked off on a boss for being a insufferable dummy.

oh just stop...you just are not cool enough to be banned from multiple places