• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justify your "Irish" roots.

Viker

Häxan
Some of my ancestors came from Ireland only to get stuck in dead end jobs in Eastern Kentucky coal mines.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Yeah but does your name literally mean Ireland? I might win.

You remind me of my sister, who was also adopted.
Sorry.
Back to normal service. My name is more Irish than yours, and I know more Father Ted lines.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
You remind me of my sister, who was also adopted.
Sorry.

I know you probably meant “sorry” as in for being too serious for a second, but my first thought was that you were saying sorry for me reminding you of your sister; to which I was going to say “damn is she that bad?” Haha ^.^

Back to normal service. My name is more Irish than yours, and I know more Father Ted lines.

Oh yeah well this is typed in green, which is my favorite color, and associated with shamrocks. Therefore I am the winner.

Also I drink a crapload of Bushmills and sometimes Jameson (which on a serious note to my understanding are not drank that much in Ireland).

Also on a serious note I heard once that in Ireland women drink beer with straws. Is this true?

Martin

I know you probably meant “sorry” as in for being too serious for a second, but my first thought was that you were saying sorry for me reminding you of your sister; to which I was going to say “damn is she that bad?” Haha ^.^

Oh yeah well this is typed in green, which is my favorite color, and associated with shamrocks. Therefore I am the winner.

Also I drink a crapload of Bushmills and sometimes Jameson (which on a serious note to my understanding are not drank that much in Ireland).

Also on a serious note I heard once that in Ireland women drink beer with straws. Is this true?

My sister is lovely, and so are you.

Women in Ireland just swallow. :p

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
My sister is lovely, and so are you.

Women in Ireland just swallow. :eek:

Boy is my mind awful hahaha! ^.^ As Archer would say, “PHRASING!”

Anyway, I don’t know who told me that straw thing but I would have found that really weird.

I do want to visit Ireland some day, seems very beautiful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some of my ancestors came from Ireland only to get stuck in dead end jobs in Eastern Kentucky coal mines.
My great grandfather lost his leg working the railroads and jumped off with a few others in Indiana. So that's how my family wound up there.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Being Irish is a wonderful thing, but we have to deal with a lot of people claiming to be Irish with little real evidence. For example, some people think that being able to quote lines from "Father Ted" gets you an Irish passport. It's a little bit more feckin complicated than that, Mrs Doyle.
Or: "My great grandmother might have been in steerage on the Titanic, at least going by the filum."

So if you claim Irish roots, where's your evidence?

Daft answers only, please.
I know all the words to the Barleymow and my childhood pet was an Irish Elk.

Martin

Hey if Irish girls know how to have a good time, I’m definitely going to Ireland!! ^.^
Also I’m partial to redheads. And accents.

You'll always be welcome in Mayo.
(the County, not the salad dressing).

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Hey if Irish girls know how to have a good time, I’m definitely going to Ireland!! ^.^
Also I’m partial to redheads. And accents.
I once had... adult interactions with my Irish girlfriend in the basement of a party while she was dressed as Poison Ivy, bright red hair and all.

Life has never quite lived up to that moment...