• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just worried and need prayers please

Theweirdtophat

I have a job and my family got a new place to live. I am currently keeping the job. We all make our own income, but my mom is only making so much on disability and my brother works part time. Most of the money comes from me.

I am working harder to try to keep my job, until my aunt moves down to help out. I am worried sometimes that I might lose my job. A lot of this depends on me and I have never been in this kind of position before. The pressure really gets to me and I feel like if I make one wrong move, the whole thing will crumble. It's all depending on me and I try. I just don't want to let anyone down. I honestly feel overwhelmed. I know others have gone through this before but I have never dealt with this kind of pressure before and have trouble handling it. I am just hoping and praying I last long enough until we start making better income.

Please, any prayers, good luck energy or anything is always appreciated. I feel like I'm going to need a lot of it to stand.

4consideration

Premium Member
I will align with you on the intention that you are able to do what is needed, that you and your family have what you need, and that as changes are made they move your family in a positive direction, and that you are able to experience peace in the midst of the weight of the pressure you are feeling. That will be my prayer for you.

I will hold it in my heart as I extend it outward to all that is.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Sounds like a good opportunity to grow stronger and more confident. If you believe in your self and your importance at work, more and more each day...it will infect the people around you there. Should really relish the responsibility, take pride in it, and just relax and enjoy yourself when able so you don't get mentally worn out.

I do hope the best for you.

David1967

Premium Member
I have a job and my family got a new place to live. I am currently keeping the job. We all make our own income, but my mom is only making so much on disability and my brother works part time. Most of the money comes from me.

I am working harder to try to keep my job, until my aunt moves down to help out. I am worried sometimes that I might lose my job. A lot of this depends on me and I have never been in this kind of position before. The pressure really gets to me and I feel like if I make one wrong move, the whole thing will crumble. It's all depending on me and I try. I just don't want to let anyone down. I honestly feel overwhelmed. I know others have gone through this before but I have never dealt with this kind of pressure before and have trouble handling it. I am just hoping and praying I last long enough until we start making better income.

Please, any prayers, good luck energy or anything is always appreciated. I feel like I'm going to need a lot of it to stand.

I can relate. Stay positive and take it one day at a time. Its our nature to worry when under pressure, heck I still worry, but it really is a misuse of time and energy. I know, easier said than done, but like I said, I can relate to your situation. It gets better.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
May God be on your side and help you.

Fear of the unknown is man's worst enemy, or at least one of the worst. You do not know how things are gonna go in the future, all you have to do is work on keeping them the way they are or better. Just do that and don't worry about the unknown. Remember, what's meant to hit you, will hit you. What's not meant to hit you, will not hit you. If this is how life goes, and I believe it is, then there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if my own prayers will move a stone, but I will do what I can. I can tell you that employers will almost always attempt to convince you and themselves that you could be doing more. It is part of negotiating your raises, and it begins on your first day on the job. It is a game that you must learn to play. You must ultimately evaluate your own work. You cannot trust your boss about how well you are doing. Try to respond to criticism but take a step back and think analytically about it before you react. Work at an even pace, not hectically. Watch your coworkers and match the average. Don't try to be a cheetah if you're a lumbering bear or vice versa. Do not let yourself fear that you will be fired. If you are doing what you can at a predictable, measurable pace, then you are a valued employee.

Theweirdtophat

Thanks everyone :) I do what I can. I'm not worrying about failing so much as I am afraid of letting everyone down. I don't want good people to be dragged down with me. I will still do what I can though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

I don't do praying, but know you are in my thoughts. As @Brickjectivity was saying, do your job and perform at an efficient rate and you should be fine. If you worry too much that worry might actually impact on your job performance which could draw negative attention to you. So, just be calm. Do what is expected and you should be fine.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't do praying, but know you are in my thoughts. As @Brickjectivity was saying, do your job and perform at an efficient rate and you should be fine. If you worry too much that worry might actually impact on your job performance which could draw negative attention to you. So, just be calm. Do what is expected and you should be fine.
And he shouldn't dress like you.
(Few can pull off that look.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian

we are kindred in life practice.....and I will include you with my next memo to the Boss

zahra67

in chapter 2, verse 186 of the holy quran we read:
And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.
if you ask your needs and requests from God sincerely. Allah is near to his servants and accepts there prayers.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why not tap your own energy? Without your knowing this, you have a reserve. Steel up to it. Why make a wrong move! Make only the right moves. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Stay focused. Don't worry about things that haven't actually happened yet. The mind can be your worst enemy when it makes scenarios "real" based on possibilities.

Formulate contingencies that offer direction and always do your best and bear in mind the actuality of things as they stand.

Nothings broken until it actually breaks. ;0)

I don't pray but I do like the story of maybe, maybe not and live by it. Also called, The Farmers son.

http://www.drmarlo.com/?page_id=181