• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got home from the Columbus, OH protest.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's been a day. They were hitting us with tear gas, flashbangs, mace, a sound cannon and wooden bullets all day. I saw the agents provocateurs, myself. They were white people dressed in the notorious "black bloc" style. They were trying to pull the plywood off buildings that was put there to protect them but we all yelled at them to stop, with me being the loudest. I accused them of being cops and told everyone they're there to sabotage it. A number of people agreed. They spray painted graffiti, took a planter and then ran off. One of them gave me a look of hatred. I'm not afraid. I know their tricks and am not having it. I want justice, not destruction.

We were peaceful. We blocked the streets but most didn't seem to mind. Many or most cars and bikers supported us. Many people joined us randomly. There was much solidarity.

The crowd was very diverse - various ethnicities, genders, sexualities, ages, etc.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's been a day. They were hitting us with tear gas, flashbangs, mace, a sound cannon and wooden bullets all day. I saw the agents provocateurs, myself. They were white people dressed in the notorious "black bloc" style. They were trying to pull the plywood off buildings that was put there to protect them but we all yelled at them to stop, with me being the loudest. I accused them of being cops and told everyone they're there to sabotage it. A number of people agreed. They spray painted graffiti, took a planter and then ran off. One of them gave me a look of hatred. I'm not afraid. I know their tricks and am not having it. I want justice, not destruction.

We were peaceful. We blocked the streets but most didn't seem to mind. Many or most cars and bikers supported us. Many people joined us randomly. There was much solidarity.

The crowd was very diverse - various ethnicities, genders, sexualities, ages, etc.

Thank you. :blueheart:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes, these are out of town anarchists coming in to create civil unrest. That's what's going on tonight here in Minneapolis.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, these are out of town anarchists coming in to create civil unrest. That's what's going on tonight here in Minneapolis.
Some of them are actually cops or least working with the cops, as we've seen with the guy smashing the Auto Zone windows in Minneapolis. The cops want to escalate this. I've seen that, too. I saw a kid maced point blank in the face simply because he happened to be standing by where they sped up from a side street. He was on the sidewalk, too!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of them are actually cops or least working with the cops, as we've seen with the guy smashing the Auto Zone windows in Minneapolis. The cops want to escalate this. I've seen that, too. I saw a kid maced point blank in the face simply because he happened to be standing by where they sped up from a side street. He was on the sidewalk, too!

Sickening.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

What do you want?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What do you want?
Justice and change. We have a problem with the police being authoritarian and wantonly murdering innocent citizens. It's not only a problem for black people, either. We saw that white guy who was on his knees, crying and begging for his life be executed by a demon with a badge. Homeless people and mentally ill people being blown away or beaten to death for no reason. Even pets getting blown away. And they get away with it. The cops have forgotten who they're supposed to be serving, if they ever knew. Structural reform is needed. We need more democracy and community engagement.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We should remember the very long string of such incidents where walking while black, breathing while black etc can be a death sentence. Here's just a partial list of those who died at the hands of cops. If you object to the list, come up with one that shows how many whites died similarly at the hands of cops.

Eric Garner had just broken up a fight, according to witness testimony.

Ezell Ford was walking in his neighborhood.

Michelle Cusseaux was changing the lock on her home's door when police arrived to take her to a mental health facility.

Tanisha Anderson was having a bad mental health episode, and her brother called 911.

Tamir Rice was playing in a park.

Natasha McKenna was having a schizophrenic episode when she was tazed in Fairfax, Va.

Walter Scott was going to an auto-parts store.

Bettie Jones answered the door to let Chicago police officers in to help her upstairs neighbor,who had called 911 in order to resolve a domestic dispute.

Philando Castile was driving home from dinner with his girlfriend.

Botham Jean was eating ice cream in his living room in Dallas, Tx.

Atatiana Jefferson was babysitting her nephew at home in Fort Worth, Tx.

Eric Reason was pulling into a parking spot at a local chicken and fish shop.

Dominique Clayton was sleeping in her bed.

Breona Taylor was also asleep in her bed.

And George Floyd was at the grocery store.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

We on the other side of the world are trying to fathom what is happening on planet America...? :eek:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
An uprising.

Seems like the straw that broke too many hearts.....what kind of heartless hateful moron kills a man in cold blood, ignores his cries for help...ignores the people who could see he wasn't breathing, and the other three police just stood around and let it happen....all equally culpable because they could have stepped in to stop him. Why are lives not valued? What did he do that was so wrong in the first place?

What is with all this senseless violence? o_O

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
It seems like a bunch of real ahole white guys what to get really violent to try and frame innocent peaceful black people protesting a horrific crime by the Police.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Seems like the straw that broke too many hearts.....what kind of heartless hateful moron kills a man in cold blood, ignores his cries for help...ignores the people who could see he wasn't breathing, and the other three police just stood around and let it happen....all equally culpable because they could have stepped in to stop him. Why are lives not valued? What did he do that was so wrong in the first place?

What is with all this senseless violence? o_O
It's a systemic problem that has existed for centuries here but has never been really addressed. Police are often enforcers of the status quo instead of true servants of the people. Then you add in pervasive racist prejudices that are ingrained in American society, and people tend to blow up from time to time. It won't end until the injustice ends. Keep in mind that the vast majority of protesters are peaceful and just want to be heard. Most of us don't support violence and destruction and have been trying to stop it.

The real protesters vs. the fakes:
Angela Nissel on Twitter
Jordyn Brown on Twitter