• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just a simple question...

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Is black magic wrong? By New Age standards, is practicing black magic forbidden?

Some White Lighter think that. But I say to them that they know nothing about Magic because they say it. The is no Black Magic(just as there is know White Magic). It's just Magic. So IMO no.

SonofSatan

Satan's little helper
Well by black magic I mean magic intended for harm.
With that in mind white magic is restoration of sorts, or simply making your own life or someone else's better in some way.
I know magick are not that black and white, but in this case it is.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Well by black magic I mean magic intended for harm.
With that in mind white magic is restoration of sorts, or simply making your own life or someone else's better in some way.
I know magick are not that black and white, but in this case it is.

Since New Age anything seem to be about nothing but goody goody light, love and fluff then I would say yes that it is seen has being bad.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
any witch worth her salt can hex as well as they can heal.

we don't say that fire is good or bad, black or white, we just call it fire and that be that. but fire can be used for good or for bad, it keeps us warm in the winter, but it can destroy our homes. it's just fire. same for magic, it's just magic.

Edit: that's my opinion coming from my own background... given that one of the common themes found in the New Age Movement is that it is life-affirming, i suspect they would look at it differently to me.

SonofSatan

Satan's little helper
any witch worth her salt can hex as well as they can heal.

we don't say that fire is good or bad, black or white, we just call it fire and that be that. but fire can be used for good or for bad, it keeps us warm in the winter, but it can destroy our homes. it's just fire. same for magic, it's just magic.

Edit: that's my opinion coming from my own background... given that one of the common themes found in the New Age Movement is that it is life-affirming, i suspect they would look at it differently to me.

Well, that being the case, it is against the law to knowingly burn someone's house down. And I mean knowingly, and with the worst intentions, performing magic to harm people you dislike.
Because to truly understand magic, you cannot see it from one point of view, and you cannot stay in only one side.

Troublemane

Is black magic wrong? By New Age standards, is practicing black magic forbidden?

Yes, from my personal experience it is "wrong", on a few levels. First off, because the energy field from which 'magick' originates is Spirit, or the Aethyr, which is the root essence of all sentient beings. It is (in some sense ) pure awareness. So to use it in order to harm another living being is wrong in the sense that you are causing the Spirit to harm itself.

Second, regarding demonism and necromancy to exact revenge, although one may think they are willing to pay the price required (there is always a price in such deals), it will invariably turn out worse in the end for everybody. The dark powers are not subject to laws/rules as such, and are not known for honest dealing. they may decide to hang around and torment their summoner for a while, or take his life. they are essentially free to do whatever as the summoner has opened the door for them.

Third, even spiritual masters who have removed (effectively) all negativity from their soul run the risk of doing untold harm to people through what may be called "Black Magick", because when you have spent years making an internal connection to spirit, and you are for some reason filled with rage toward someone...WoW! Look out! That connection to Spirit translates into a direct connection with the powers that govern the material universe...angels, elementals, etc. That rage will come down on that person like instant karma, and they may be in sudden, dire peril. Its not an intentional act, no premeditation or anything--just pure energy transmitted instinctively through the Aethyr and into that person's soul. Like a lightning bolt.

So...according to my understanding, the Sage must be aware of everything going on in his own depths, as even unintended evil thoughts may be directed out and cause harm to another being. Its why I try to laugh at situations that seem negative, quite often.

And, there are more advanced techniques you can learn along the way, as you become more aware of the subtle energies of the aura, such as rotating/circulating prana through the chakras, horizontally and then vertically. Sometimes choosing to separate from another person, sometimes joining with them to strengthen them. Sometimes encircling yourself for protection, etc. :angel2:

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is it just me, or is the OP asking in a roundabout way if it is right to harm someone?

This is an ethics question. Unless the true question is if it is wrong to want to harm someone, which is even more interesting.

I would say that it is indeed wrong, but also forgivable to a degree. It depends mainly on how honest you are about who you are and what do you want.

Lord_Levanthia

afer reading all this, magik is magik in itself the use of it is bent by the will of the user and is thus just a means to an end but not the end in and of itself. just as if u raise a golem, is it good or bad? the answer lyes within the use of the golem.

its easyer to harm then to heal with black magic, but same can be said about guns yet we still use guns for protection

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Magick out of balance is not the best. All this negative energy could be reflected back upon you.

Not if one knows how do deal with it, send it off or even shield against it. Never will I understand this Whitelighter view and worry about it coming back at you.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Black magic is mainly dangerous to the spellcaster. Most black magic spells are cast by the user on his or her self. And even when they hit some other target, they still tend to also damage the spellcaster.

Circle_One

Well, see that's a tough question.

I'll just reiterate what has already been said in order to justify my opinion of this question.

As we already know, Magick has no color. Magick does not choose sides. There is no black, white, grey or polka-dotted Magick. The Magicks are a force that WE as witches manipulate to our will. Magick does not choose to do good or evil. It is the heart and intent of the witch that decides whether said force will be manipulated for good or ill.

So, in my opinion, I would say NO, I don't think Black Magick is forbidden, as there is no such thing as black magick. Depending on the coven though, I could imagine a witch manipulating the Magicks to do harm would be dispelled from his/her place in the group. But again, that's not because of the particular Magick that he/she is using, but rather because of the way he's/she's choosing to use it.