• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism, Christians and Islam Rejects Homosexuality

Thana

Lady
Homosexuality according to Judaism
'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. Leviticus 20:13

Same Sex marriage in Christianity
“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“
Matthew 19:4 (NKJV)

“But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’”
Mark 10:6 (NKJV)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, norsodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

Homosexuality in Islam
We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

Now i wonder why there are homosexual priests when bible is against homosexuality. Is there newer Testament where homosexuality is allowed?
If that is not the case, and christians allow homosexuality doesnt that mean they disagree with God and doesnt that contradict their own belief that the bible is the words of God???

Yeah, These are just your interpretations. God made them 'male and female' has nothing to do with homosexuality or homosexual marriage Jesus was talking about divorce.

And even if that word is literally translated to mean homosexual (Which a lot of people doubt) then what does them inheriting the Kingdom of God have to do with them getting married?

God gives us the greatest commandment, Love. Love them and leave them the heck alone. If you believe God condemns them and their marriage (Which He doesn't) Then what business is it of yours? Where is your involvment required? It's not.

You're only responsible for yourself.

Jumi

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. Leviticus 20:13

Now i wonder why there are homosexual priests when bible is against homosexuality. Is there newer Testament where homosexuality is allowed?
If that is not the case, and christians allow homosexuality doesnt that mean they disagree with God and doesnt that contradict their own belief that the bible is the words of God???

I think everyone in the world now nows how mainstream religious texts and that are against homosexuality.

People who eat shellfish and mix their clothing material are also disagreeing with god by that same logic.

Deidre

Nah, I think the Scriptures are crystal clear as to how homosexuality is viewed by 'God.' But, that doesn't mean these 'holy' texts came from God. I've always found it grimly fascinating how mankind always seems to know exactly what God hates. Lo and behold, it's often what mankind hates.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ones sexual orientation before the priest abuse wanst too strict in considering who can go into priesthood. Now, you cannot identify your orientation as a homosexual as a priest. Tobe considered into priesthood, your sex life will be investigated in the past four years I believe to see if you done any "homosexual" acts. They talk with family and friends.

Homosexuality is someones sexual orientation. The Bible and Quran sees it as a sin because the action goes outside love for two people. Today, people say their gay even if are a virgin their whole life.

Same Sex marriage in Christianity
“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, norsodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Homosexuality in Islam
We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Ones sexual orientation before the priest abuse wanst too strict in considering who can go into priesthood. Now, you cannot identify your orientation as a homosexual as a priest. Tobe considered into priesthood, your sex life will be investigated in the past four years I believe to see if you done any "homosexual" acts. They talk with family and friends.
Where are you getting this from?

The Bible and Quran sees it as a sin because the action goes outside love for two people. Today, people say their gay even if are a virgin their whole life.
I don't understand what you mean.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was answering OP about
I meant to also include that its in the NT relating marriage between man and woman.
Where are you getting this from?

I don't understand what you mean.
The quran, he just posted and the bible says homosexuality is a sin because it is an action associated with lust and immoral relations outside the bonds of a man and a woman rather than expressing ones love with the man or woman he or she loves.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Actually, it is. The definiton of homosexuality according to the bible is sexual immoral acts between men/men and women/women. It doesnt refer to orientations, so straight people can be homosexual according to scripture.
No, it isn't. Go look at the links I posted on the I first page of this thread. The Bible really doesn't have much to say about homosexuality. The verses that people throw around have been mistranslated and misinterpreted.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thr definition is different than what we use outside the bible. There is no reference to sexual orientation and love between men/men and women/women. (Hence unclear) only in regards to "acts" based on "lust"

No, it isn't. Go look at the links I posted on the I first page of this thread. The Bible really doesn't have much to say about homosexuality. The verses that people throw around have been mistranslated and misinterpreted.

Its not that they are misinterpreted. Scripture says that marriage is between man and woman. That is an explicit statement in the Bible. We define word different now giving homosexuals rights without comparing their relationships with the lustful ones in scripture.

I realized after awhile we have to accept what the bibke says about such acts. Express ones love not lust with each other. Be aware that marriage in scripture is between man and woman.

That doesnt mean there cant be a God blessed relationship. If God exist I dont see Him attached to the Bible.Just explaining how the bible sees it.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

What does that have to do with homosexuality or same sex marriage? Also is the Bible aware that there are people who are literally both male and female? I mean, did God just forget to mention that He also made hermaphrodites and intersexed people? Or were people just ignorant of stuff we now learn in modern High School Biology class?
I'm gonna go with the latter on that one.

Many Christians of varying sects contend that homosexual in this instance refers to Temple Prostitution which was common at the time. Many Christians also contend that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was down to lack of hospitality and respect for guest's rights. So it stands to reason that the word "Sodomites" is not gay people, it's actually referring to inhospitable and highly rude people. Besides why would it mention homosexuality twice only using different words anyway?

Not really versed on the Koran, so..........

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Pro-Homosexuality christians, please show me from bible that homosexuality is allowed. I didnt ask for more. Thanks

Just show me one or two verses that contains the word homosexuality/gays and gives permission to be that,

There isnt. They can show you love between two people are not against scripture. Id like tk see were lust between two people (regardless of orentation) is right.

Scriptur says they are acts.

Deidre

Not really.

Truly, the only ''acceptable'' way of having sex (in the eyes of The Church), is between one man and one woman, in marriage. Which is why adultery is so harped on. Which is why sex before ''marriage'' is considered a sin. The RCC won't marry two men, or two women. And since the RCC doesn't acknowledge a legal marriage as a marriage in the eyes of God, then sex outside of such a 'holy' union, would be sinful. For heterosexuals as well. But, it definitely leaves homosexuals out of the loop so to speak.

The Scriptures are also very clear about it, but if anyone should misinterpret them, there is no misinterpreting how the RCC views it. The RCC views homosexuality as the sin, actually, and not if someone considers him/herself homosexual, and does not act on it, in a sexual way. But, any type of sex outside of marriage is considered sinful-heterosexual or homosexual.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Truly, the only ''acceptable'' way of having sex (in the eyes of The Church), is between one man and one woman, in marriage. Which is why adultery is so harped on. Which is why sex before ''marriage'' is considered a sin. The RCC won't marry two men, or two women. And since the RCC doesn't acknowledge a legal marriage as a marriage in the eyes of God, then sex outside of such a 'holy' union, would be sinful. For heterosexuals as well. But, it definitely leaves homosexuals out of the loop so to speak.

The Scriptures are also very clear about it, but if anyone should misinterpret them, there is no misinterpreting how the RCC views it. The RCC views homosexuality as the sin, actually, and not if someone considers him/herself homosexual, and does not act on it, in a sexual way. But, any type of sex outside of marriage is considered sinful-heterosexual or homosexual.
I'm well-aware of what the Church teaches about it, thank you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That gave me a good and healthy laugh.
Nah, I think the Scriptures are crystal clear as to how homosexuality is viewed by 'God.' But, that doesn't mean these 'holy' texts came from God. I've always found it grimly fascinating how mankind always seems to know exactly what God hates. Lo and behold, it's often what mankind hates.

Deidre

That gave me a good and healthy laugh.

:D I'm glad, I think? lol

You know, it's weird. I've often wondered ...why would a god who created the universe, care about homosexuality? Or sex outside of 'marriage?' Man seems to impose his 'ideas' of morality upon a god. It seems wrong to me. This is what I like about Deism, mostly. It sets a person free from the trappings of religion, and let's you determine for yourself...right from wrong. And I tend to think that something is 'immoral,' if it hurts another person willfully, and maliciously. (exception, self defense or if one's life is in danger, that goes without saying)

But, it just seems like an odd thing, why would a god care if two consenting men fall in love, or have sex? (so long as they are not hurting anyone)

I'm sincerely wondering if anyone has a plausible answer to that question?