• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism, Christians and Islam Rejects Homosexuality

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Sir, it proofs that Homosexual Priests and Christians lie to themselves and mock at the bible.

How can u be something that your own holy book rejects???
"Our" "holy book" doesn't "reject" anything of the sort.
For example in Islam we are not allowed to drink. If i would do that, i wouldnt say : wait, drinking is not really forbidden in islam. The word alcohol means something else, its changed through history. The translators made mistake. The companions at that time misunderstood prophet pbuh wrong!
No i wouldnt make excuses, i would admit being sinner and try to better myself.
So, what you're saying is: instead of actually exegeting the texts and reading them critically to muck through cultural and language biases, you just take stuff at face value and call it good. Your method fails to take under consideration what the bible is, and, instead, forces a meaningless definition upon it. Sheesh! I wish people who weren't Christian or Jewish would stop telling Christians and Jews all about their own literature -- especially when the "teacher's" credentials on the matter are more than suspect.
Thank you for admitting that homosexuality today is allowed in the west because the west threw bible away.
They see it as unimportant book, fairytales from the Old Age.
Provocative hyperbole. Seeing the bible for what it really is -- reading and understanding it critically -- does not constitute "throwing it away." It constitutes giving it the respect that's due to it.

sojourner

u really hate it, dont u?
Never once did someone point out to you that Bible rejects homosexuality :D
Why can you not live and accept that painful sad truth?
Seeing it and treating it for what it is doesn't constitute "hate." The painful and sad truth is that you have no idea what you're talking about; you're no bible scholar.

sojourner

I know there are Camps in the USA where homosexuals are helped to become heterosexuals.
Why do u think homosexual christians go there? Because they realized their holy book is against their choice and views that as sin.
What you don't know is that 1) one of the largest of them recanted it's assertion that it was actually helping anyone, and 2) it has been shown that such "reconditioning" is a) more harmful than helpful, and b) Does. Not. Work.

People go there, not due to inner conviction of "the truth," but usually due to external pressure from the culture.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Homosexuality according to Judaism
'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. Leviticus 20:13

Same Sex marriage in Christianity
“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“
Matthew 19:4 (NKJV)

“But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’”
Mark 10:6 (NKJV)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, norsodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

Homosexuality in Islam
We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

Now i wonder why there are homosexual priests when bible is against homosexuality. Is there newer Testament where homosexuality is allowed?
If that is not the case, and christians allow homosexuality doesnt that mean they disagree with God and doesnt that contradict their own belief that the bible is the words of God???

Oh goodie, an OP dripping in homophobia/biphobia, backed by ancient cultural customs, expressed through politically-accepted religious literature, with context lost in translation. How quaint.

If such opinions weren't so popular in the de-humanization of LGBTQ's around the world and the resulting violence and brutality against us, I wouldn't care that much. But every time it's brought up as how a deity doesn't approve - AND understanding of the rates of homicide, suicide, harassment, assault/battery, corrective rape, etc that carry motives that mirror these same deity's perceived disapprovals - such expressions need to be pointed out as destructive to people and to a civilized society.

But it looks like folks are doing a very good job tearing apart the legitimacy of the OP in terms of scholarship and ethics alone in this thread. Well done, y'all. I shall continue eating my popcorn and enjoy the show.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. Leviticus 20:13

What does this mean to me and 4-5 billion other humans who don't believe in the Bible or Qur'an? Why should I be bound by it?

“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“

Of course he made male and female. This says nothing about marriage. It only says that he created males and females. It's really a poor attempt to denounce homosexuality.

Now i wonder why there are homosexual priests when bible is against homosexuality. Is there newer Testament where homosexuality is allowed?
If that is not the case, and christians allow homosexuality doesnt that mean they disagree with God and doesnt that contradict their own belief that the bible is the words of God???

The bible isn't against being homosexual. You have a deep misunderstanding of the teachings of the Church.

sojourner

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, norsodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

Homosexuality in Islam
We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

No, it just means that you have no clue what you're talking about where either Judaism, Christianity, or the bible is concerned. All this shows is what you think about it -- which, by all appearances, is precious little.

Vishvavajra

No matter how painful it is for homosexual christians they must accept that Bible rejects their lifestyle. U have to be brave and say: Bible rejects me! And if u are true christian u should reject ur sinful lifestyle and force urself to marry woman.

Why should someone marry a person they feel no attraction towards? What benefit will marriage bring them? Would you marry a man and have sex with him if God told you to?

And if heterosexual coupling is so damned important to the fidelity of the cosmos, why are there people whose preferences swing the other way? Did God make a mistake? If so, does he really have the right to take it out on us?

More to the point, why worship a petty god whose primary concern is what kind of sex people are having? I'll never understand why people think it's so clever to take a bunch of human vices and prejudices, slap a divine name on them, and then act as if they're now beyond reproach. The bottom line is that if the scriptures seem to indicate that God is no better than a flawed, bigoted human being, then either the scriptures are wrong or you're reading them wrong, or the god in question isn't worth a moment's notice. Not sure why anyone would want to honor a god who shows considerably less moral development than the average person these days.

@Saint FrankensteinI know there are Camps in the USA where homosexuals are helped to become heterosexuals.
Why do u think homosexual christians go there? Because they realized their holy book is against their choice and views that as sin.

Those camps have been thoroughly repudiated. They have been demonstrated not to work in any way, and mental health professionals advise against them. The only people who still believe in them are folks who don't actually care about evidence, or basic human decency, but value printed words on a page above and to the exclusion of all else. One might even call that a form of idolatry.

Vishvavajra

No evidence provided. What a shame.
No evidence that the re-orientation camps are a joke and a scam? I'm sure you can use a search engine. No need to take my word for it.

The rest was a series of questions you have yet to answer, but which cut to the heart of this discussion, the first principles even before the point of needing evidence.

Reactions: gsa

Kirran

Premium Member
The lack of prohibition of homosexuality means that homosexuality is not forbidden. It's the null argument. There being no positive assertion that homosexuality is prohibited, therefore homosexuality is permitted.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Ever read about David and Jonathan kissing and declaring their love for one another?

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.
ג Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul.
ד 4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his apparel, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

1 Samuel 18 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Reactions: gsa