• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jk Rowling Controversy

We Never Know

No Slack
Not all trans people see everything the same as each other either; they're people with different opinions like everyone else, including on J. K. Rowling and her views.

As for what is transphobic, that's a broad topic, but I personally find this definition precise enough:

What Is Transphobia?

"Transphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for transgender people"

So would you agree these are real too...

christianophobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for christian people"

atheistphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for atheist people

democratphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for demcrat people

republicanphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for republican people

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"Transphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for transgender people"

christianophobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for christian people"

atheistphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for atheist people

democratphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for demcrat people

republicanphobia describes someone who has hate, fear, or disgust for republican people
You forgot a key word. Actually two key words. A phobia is an extreme irrational fear of or aversion to something

phobia definiton - Google Search

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just find weird function in general to be deeply fascinating. The amount of creativity it requires is astounding, and so is the impact of its subtle, eerie descriptions that put the reader or viewer in the driver's seat and makes them use their imagination instead of throwing overdone descriptions in their face and leaving no room for imagination.
Lovecraft was a master of that, and I've found it to be a hard style to emulate because he was specific yet vague at the same time. Nightmarish creatures, new definitions and depths of madness and insanity, and acutely hitting the details of fear, anxiety, paranoia and a madness from things incomprehensible. And the fact his stories did have some inconsistencies, in my opinion it really just helps reinforce the frequent themes of humanity being weak and frail in the grand scheme of things.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And even biological sex can be far more complicated than most realize. There is a sharp divide for most. But there is not a sharp divide for everyone. Does that make it okay to discriminate against those trapped in the in between? I don't think so.
Nature itself rarely has sharp divides. It's like an artist who is often a tad bit sloppy with the lines, with it sometimes just drawing some scribbles.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
And even biological sex can be far more complicated than most realize. There is a sharp divide for most. But there is not a sharp divide for everyone. Does that make it okay to discriminate against those trapped in the in between? I don't think so.

Very true, there are various intersex conditions for instance. Like Turner's syndrome.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

If the fear or hatred is extreme, irrational, and targeted toward the entire group, I suppose it could qualify. I have long thought that "atheistophobia" is a real phenomenon, and it leads to persecution of atheists in many countries. The same goes for "Christophobia," etc. It's just that the different forms of bigotry don't always have a specific name assigned to them.