• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jihadists must die, --- but our real enemies are the Qur’an and Bible.

rusra02

Premium Member
I find your statement that the Bible is "immoral" or denigrates women to be unfounded. And no human government is authorized to change the Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

suncowiam

I don't care for religion but can't favor oppression as a tool against religion.

Like another said, education is the key.

Zulk-Dharma

So you're one of those people who thinks that a belief system can't motivate a person to harming others?
Inspire, but not motivate. I said it in my post, a teaching is just a teaching, it can be interpret to harm others, but I haven't seen one religion just going out and preaching murder.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Inspire, but not motivate. I said it in my post, a teaching is just a teaching, it can be interpret to harm others, but I haven't seen one religion just going out and preaching murder.
What is the difference between inspiring and motivating? I don't see one. There have been persecutions and killings motivated by religion for centuries. There's even offshoots of mainstream religions that encourage violence, such as Christian Identity.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
To ignore the cause(s) and facilitators of false and/or violent indoctrination, while thinking the removal thereof will solve anything, is foolish.

I agree, but there is more to the story...

We have to notice that from generation to generation and over many centuries, scripture has a knack for sustaining ideas - both good and bad.

For example, "go forth and multiply", which made sense 2000 years ago, also motivates Christians to resist the use of condoms in AIDs ridden populations today. We can find many passages in the Quran that align perfectly with 1400 years of Islamic conquest, and with OIC's ongoing distortions of basic human rights.

Zulk-Dharma

What is the difference between inspiring and motivating? I don't see one. There have been persecutions and killings motivated by religion for centuries. There's even offshoots of mainstream religions that encourage violence, such as Christian Identity.
Inspiring is more like giving ideas, while motivating is to promote or advocate for something. Where the material is advocating you to do it, while inspirations is getting inspired from a religion.

There are very few religions motivating evils. I also, to be fair, I said "creed," (tenets, principles, etc.) not religion as a whole.

Zulk-Dharma

@LuisDantas. Whether or not he was an atheist is inconclusive, some say he was a Deist - what I consider for materialized theism or watered-down atheism, since it's a belief in an impersonal force with no religious authority. I think it was likely he was an atheist, all his contemporaries, allies and influences were atheists and actively lived by such a lifestyle, I find it hard to believe a Catholic would give these high authorities and wage holy war against their mental represented notion that is atheism in the same time and the quote below shows that he is not fond of the "spiritualist, but not religious" kind of people, he seems like not fond of spirituality at all.

But it's irrelevant whether or not he was an atheist, he's an irreligious materialist nevertheless.

About the messianic stain, I don't think he would ever had considered himself as such. This is why:

What nonsense! Here we have at last reached an age that has left all mysticism behind it, and now [Himmler] wants to start that all over again. We might just as well have stayed with the church. At least it had tradition. To think that I may, some day, be turned into an SS saint! Can you imagine it? I would turn over in my grave...

— Adolf Hitler quoted in Albert Speer's Inside the Third Reich

agorman

Premium Member
After all, governments created religions to serve us. Not to dominate us.

What??? ROFL! Abrahamic religions are the worst tools of dominating masses that have ever been created. I think I don't think to quote any scriptures on that. No wonder most people is meak, coward and conforming these days. e.g. they teach us not to lie, steal and kill, while governments do all of that, all the time! They teach us that being rich and having sex is bad, while the Elite that rules the World is immensely rich and enjoy every imaginable pleasure available. The old trick of "do what I say, but not what I do".

About scriptures, no, they shouldn't be amended, they should be forgotten as mass manipulating myths. Do they have some truth in them? Of course, if you believe in Jesus and ask him the protection of Archangel Michael you will be protected. Now, should you buy the whole package and believe everything in the book? You would end up like Ned Flanders. Now who is really Jesus and Michael? Well, you'll have to find that out by yourself (ask them who they are).

I think it's pointless to get some book like Mein Kampf and reinterpret it until it ends up being a children's bedtime story. In the same way it would be loosing time to get the Quran and reinterpret verses like:

8:12 [Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

So much for "forgiving and merciful"! Maybe only to new forced converts! What was the big threat of polytheists anyway? Were they the "competition"?

Then you could wonder why so much violence would be needed against unbelievers. They don't believe because they didn't see, right? Duh! Allah, just present yourself so they see you and they'll believe in you. Otherwise you can "strike" them on their necks and fingertips for their whole life and they'll have even less faith than what they had before!

I could go on citing Deuteronomy and Leviticus in the Bible, etc. but it's beyond the point. Bad books and bad religions should be abandoned.

Anyway most people is in abrahamic religions only because they were made members when they were helpless toddlers, not because of the quality of those paths. So people must learn to question everyone and everything, study History and wake up! The Bible and the Quran are not the only options!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
But it's irrelevant whether or not he was an atheist, he's an irreligious materialist nevertheless.

You really don't want to admit things for what they appear to be, now do you?

About the messianic stain, I don't think he would ever had considered himself as such. This is why:

Sure you don't want to perceive him as such, but that goes against the grain of very nearly all of the available evidence.

ether-ore

Jihadists must die, --- but our real enemies are the Qur’an and Bible.

Ridding ourselves of Islam’s extremist jihadists is good. But to allow the Qur’an and other Holy books, --- which create the jihadists, --- to remain unchanged is not good.

The passages that create our problems must be re-interpreted and re-rephrased for modern times. Revisions are quite common to most of the documents at hand. The passages which create the extremist view are the real enemy. Those passages create the mindset that is plaguing our young. In the long term, we are better served to kill what creates the jihadists of the future, and not the future Jihadists, by removing the Jihadist creating parts of their theologies and ideologies. It is a much more humane way to end that destructive type of extremist behavior.

To have real peace, we must do the same to the immoral parts of the Bible.

The Qur’an and the Bible are both creating misogynous and homophobic religions that deny many of us equality. World/Male domination of a few over the many of us is the goal of both of the two largest of the mainstream religions. Those who fly the cross and those who fly the star and crescent. Both groups are idol worshipers and not the God seekers that Jesus wanted for mankind. Shame on both the cross and those who fly the star and crescent.

Justice demands that both the Qur’an and the Bible be revised and thus force the mainstream religions to upgrade, modernize and join us in the present instead of living with ancient Gods. Governments should force the policies of the Gods to become more acceptable to mankind. After all, governments created religions to serve us. Not to dominate us.

Secular Governments, who are answerable to you and me, should rule without religions getting in the way of progress. Social control and manipulation is better in government hands than what religions offer. Ask any woman or gay. Those two oppressed groups want social manipulation of the social manipulators and their poor moral and religious attitudes. To give any ruling power to invisible absentee Gods is foolish.

Should secular governments pick up the pace and shed ourselves of the misogynous Qur’an and Bible. Have those cursed books created enough grief for women and gays? Have we allowed the downgrading of women long enough?

Man is God. God needs and wants a Goddess. Secular men are free and equal. Should our women not also be free and equal?

Should we urge our governments to force changes to the violent misogynistic Qur’an and Bible to make those documents more civilized?

Regards

DL

In other words, you want God to change his mind about homosexuality because you think God is mistaken concerning it? In any case, completely getting rid of scripture will not achieve your desired result, because some people on their own, without the influence of scripture will still find homosexuality repugnant. What will you want then? To declare that only your preferences are then legally acceptable; and that others who hold contrary views are not entitled to their preferences by law? You would destroy agency so that you can feel accepted by those people who do not accept you? Who then is the tyrant?

I have always been a believer in the right of association. All individuals have the right to associate with whom they wish for whatever reason they wish and in whatever capacity and to whatever extent they wish. Conversely, all people have the right not to associate with whomever they wish, and not to associate with for whatever reason. Happiness is mostly derived through human associations. I have no problem with your finding happiness in associating with whomever you wish, for whatever reason you wish, but you don't like it if I do the same thing. You would deny me my rights not to associate with you if I wish not to? The point of a right is that I do not have to justify my not wanting to associate with you. It is just my preference because I don't like you or what you are doing. It's that simple. I think you just need to get over yourself. There are plenty of people out there who accept you. Be happy with them and leave the rest alone.

Parsimony

I say let people believe whatever they want to, just don't let them do whatever they want to. We should also make it a point to foster good education and reasoning skills in society. I believe those things would help reduce the use of scripture as justification to rob people of their rights or harm them in other ways.

ether-ore

I say let people believe whatever they want to, just don't let them do whatever they want to. We should also make it a point to foster good education and reasoning skills in society. I believe those things would help reduce the use of scripture as justification to rob people of their rights or harm them in other ways.

You're interested in "re-education camps" for those with different points of view and the indoctrination of children to believe a certain way which is compliant with the desires of a specific group?
You would not allow people to act on their desires not to support the actions of others they do not like? When you say "to rob people of their rights or harm them in other ways", what specific actions are you referring to which rob or harm?