• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jihadists must die, --- but our real enemies are the Qur’an and Bible.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Any -ology whatsoever...Rule no. 1

Cause -> effect. LMAO. Really? You are going to say that something that affects; something that has an effect; is not the cause? The definition of cause is that which has an effect.

Good observation. But, we're talking about violence. Religion didn't precede violence. Religion attempts to define and set parameters on violence; what is acceptable, versus what is not. And, it prescribes specificity on its adherents somewhat uniformly. Religion doesn't cause violence, but it does in effect, cause a cultural flavoring in its application. Our religions are violent because violence preceded the human species, in the evolutionary chain.

But even more important to remember: human DNA precedes human beings. The cause of any man-made invention must involve DNA, foremost. When asking questions about human behavior, we need to acknowledge chemical make-up, before we acknowledge the resulting physical manifestation.

Last edited:

JoStories

I find your statement that the Bible is "immoral" or denigrates women to be unfounded. And no human government is authorized to change the Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

I would not say it is inherently immoral but I would definitely say it places women in a very poor light. From the rape of Dinah to the way Mary Magdalene is portrayed to role of eve, women have been denigrated by the bible for 2000 years or more.

Greatest I am

I would not say it is inherently immoral but I would definitely say it places women in a very poor light. From the rape of Dinah to the way Mary Magdalene is portrayed to role of eve, women have been denigrated by the bible for 2000 years or more.

Gnostic Christianity ties equality to righteousness and fundamental justice but Christianity is quite far from that thinking and I wonder what is holding you back from denouncing both Christianity and Islam as homophobic and misogynous, --- and thus immoral.

Care to share why you cut such vile religions slack?

Perhaps I am being too critical.

Regards
DL

JoStories

Gnostic Christianity ties equality to righteousness and fundamental justice but Christianity is quite far from that thinking and I wonder what is holding you back from denouncing both Christianity and Islam as homophobic and misogynous, --- and thus immoral.

Care to share why you cut such vile religions slack?

Perhaps I am being too critical.

Regards
DL

Happy to answer. I feel that all people are entitled to believe what gives them solace and that it is not my place to denigrate their faith simply because I disagree with it. Now, that said, I find most faiths to have much to answer for. I certainly do not believe in any alleged divine books. My path is more Buddhist in nature. Christianity and Islam are clearly homophobic and misogynous as you point out. I abhor that however while I can hate things like this I have no right to silence their voices. I will, however, strongly disagree with them. Hope this helps.

Jo

rusra02

Premium Member
The Bible was simply telling the truth about these women. It also speaks of Mary, Jesus mother, Hannah, Sarah, Deborah, and many other women favorably, even recording extensively what they said and did.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe Jihad is a good thing when it isn't corrupted by terrorists to mean something else. It isn't the texts that produce terrorists it is the devil that produces them with his lies.

Muffled

Jesus in me
quote-ideas-are-more-powerful-than-guns-we-would-not-let-our-enemies-have-guns-why-should-we-let-them-joseph-stalin-268865.jpg
I believe bad ideas produce bad actions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct.

But they are tools to indoctrinate in to violence.

Hitler had Mein Kampf and the Western mainstream religions have the Qur'an and Bible.

Do you see a difference? I do not.

Regards
DL

I believe my church never indoctrinated violence and it uses the same Bible. If the teachers are evil the indoctrination will be evil despite what the texts say.

Greatest I am

Happy to answer. I feel that all people are entitled to believe what gives them solace and that it is not my place to denigrate their faith simply because I disagree with it. Now, that said, I find most faiths to have much to answer for. I certainly do not believe in any alleged divine books. My path is more Buddhist in nature. Christianity and Islam are clearly homophobic and misogynous as you point out. I abhor that however while I can hate things like this I have no right to silence their voices. I will, however, strongly disagree with them. Hope this helps.

Jo

To not advocate the silencing of hate speech is to encourage it.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

I believe my church never indoctrinated violence and it uses the same Bible. If the teachers are evil the indoctrination will be evil despite what the texts say.

Correct but only the evil will use evil text and both the present Qur'an and Bible are full of them.

All misogynist and homophobic religions and their adherents are immoral.

Regards
DL.

JoStories

To not advocate the silencing of hate speech is to encourage it.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
DL
I did not say to silence speech, but a person can speak civilly while expressing their opinion without the need for epithets or cursing and denigrating another's opinion. And for the record, I do not believe in evil. It's a Christian concept meant to browbeat people into believing something they might not necessarily believe. Or perhaps I misunderstood your post?

Ashraf

That is true ignorance

You can't blame people for fighting oppression and occupation of their land regardless of their religion or ideology

Greatest I am

I did not say to silence speech, but a person can speak civilly while expressing their opinion without the need for epithets or cursing and denigrating another's opinion. And for the record, I do not believe in evil. It's a Christian concept meant to browbeat people into believing something they might not necessarily believe. Or perhaps I misunderstood your post?

To disagree is to denigrate the others opinion with a reversed argument.

Civility is good but not calling a spade a spade is to be so politically correct that you do not address the issue properly.

Sometimes some stupid things are said and to not correct the stupid is evil.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
Like do not suffer a witch to live.

Little African children are dying due to that gem.

Regards
DL

Actually I believe if a witch is performing evil acts upon people he/she should not live. Proving it might be difficult. I suppose a pin through a doll representing the victim would serve as pretty good proof. I also believe the injunction was meant for a time when Israel was to serve as an example of purity and no cuch nation exists for that purpose today.

I believe people have a tendency to use all kinds of muddled thinking but that does not mean that they are following the truth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct but only the evil will use evil text and both the present Qur'an and Bible are full of them.

All misogynist and homophobic religions and their adherents are immoral.

Regards
DL.

I believe that you are calling good, evil and evil, good. This basicly means that you are a Satan.

Greatest I am

Actually I believe if a witch is performing evil acts upon people he/she should not live. Proving it might be difficult. I suppose a pin through a doll representing the victim would serve as pretty good proof. I also believe the injunction was meant for a time when Israel was to serve as an example of purity and no cuch nation exists for that purpose today.

I believe people have a tendency to use all kinds of muddled thinking but that does not mean that they are following the truth.

Those who believe in witches show the damage religions can cause within a mind.

Only the really delusional will believe in the supernatural.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

I believe that you are calling good, evil and evil, good. This basicly means that you are a Satan.

Your belief here is as sound as your religious beliefs. IOW, garbage.

If you are calling homophobia and misogyny good then you are the Satanist.

If your religion cannot stand the equality of all people then it is not worthy as it is not based on equality and justice.

Regards
DL