• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus: The Missing Years in the East

godnotgod

Thou art That
So you're referring to this and your other sources as reliable places to learn/gain knowledge?

This source is TELLING you that he is unreliable.

You haven't shown anything he is claiming as true to be false.

It's a church. So what? He asks for donations. So what? All churches do. I'm not concerned with that.

What I did post from his site about Nazareth, Mt. Carmel, and tent city, makes everything work. All of the elements just fall right into place. I'm not saying it is absolute truth, but this scenario should be considered as it works better than a 'hard' Nazareth town that archeology can't find.

This is not a Christian site about the modern Pauline 'Jesus'. It is about the Essene Yeshua.

A

angellous_evangellous

It's a church. So what? He asks for donations. So what? All churches do. I'm not concerned with that.

What I did post from his site about Nazareth, Mt. Carmel, and tent city, makes everything work. All of the elements just fall right into place. I'm not saying it is absolute truth, but this scenario should be considered as it works better than a 'hard' Nazareth town that archeology can't find.

This is not a Christian site about the modern Pauline 'Jesus'. It is about the Essene Yeshua.

For someone not willing to come clean, you sure are funny.

I'm not going to even attempt to prove that something is incorrect when it's completely fabricated. It's just silly. When someone is lying (like your source) or is just plain stupid (like your source) -- I cannot anticipate the depth and breadth of their insanity because it is completely untamed.

There was no Essene community on Mt. Carmel. Why do we know that? Because there is no evidence for it. In fact, we know less about the Essenes than we do about Jesus. Reconstructing both of them, having them intersect, and then making outrageous claims about them is comical.

It's funny at first, but then if we imagine that you take it seriously, it's a little pathetic.

A

angellous_evangellous

The two choices are not logically connected. What you're doing is rejecting something on the [incorrect] argument that there is insufficient evidence for it, and trading it for something that has no evidence at all. Not even bad evidence.

If the Esssene business were true, it would be true whether or not Nazareth existed. An alternative history of Jesus does not dictate that Nazareth never existed any more than the existence of Nazareth would prove that Jesus lived there. Making one argument dependent on the other argument only demonstrates how weak it is - it cannot stand on its own.

Anyway, both arguments are equally silly. The Nazareth garbage is a misinterpretation of evidence, so it's a different kind of silliness. The other stuff - the Aramaic NT and the Essene business are just lies. Uncreative lies at that. Maybe Salm is a liar, but at least he didn't just fabricate his arguments from thin air.

godnotgod

Thou art That
The two choices are not logically connected. What you're doing is rejecting something on the [incorrect] argument that there is insufficient evidence for it, and trading it for something that has no evidence at all. Not even bad evidence.

Insufficient? Try 'virtually none'. The only thing that even makes a 'Nazareth' plausible is the Essene story of a tent city.

If the Esssene business were true, it would be true whether or not Nazareth existed. An alternative history of Jesus does not dictate that Nazareth never existed any more than the existence of Nazareth would prove that Jesus lived there. Making one argument dependent on the other argument only demonstrates how weak it is - it cannot stand on its own.

You're missing my point, which is that the Essene scenario, whether true or not, makes all of the elements perfectly plausible, while the NT account has conflicts. If there was no 'hard' town of Nazareth, as the NT writers tell us, it doesn't make Jesus non-existent, but it casts doubt on his existence, if not upon the rest of the account, especially when seen in the light of Jesus being a myth created by Paul and Rome, wherein the doctrines of Yeshua were overwritten by the pagan myths, as a device for pagan conversion into Christianity.

Anyway, both arguments are equally silly. The Nazareth garbage is a misinterpretation of evidence, so it's a different kind of silliness. The other stuff - the Aramaic NT and the Essene business are just lies. Uncreative lies at that. Maybe Salm is a liar, but at least he didn't just fabricate his arguments from thin air.

Right. All accounts other than the mainstream one are lies. Of course. That's why the Church made it a point to systematically destroy them.

Linking Yeshu to Mt. Carmel and the Nazarene/Nazorean Essenes:

B'nai-Amen

Historical references to the deeper monastic Order of the Nasarenes are found in the Book of John the Baptist, one of the more ancient scriptures of the Mandaen sect. These Mandeans call themselves Nasorai, or Nasoreans, and claim descent from the original Nasarenes to which both John the Baptist and Yeshua (Jesus) once belonged. In this Mandeaen Book of John the Baptist we find several references to Mt. Carmel and the Nasorean sect who once lived there:

"John has left his body, his brothers make proclamations, his brothers proclaim unto him on the Mount, on Mount Carmel. They took the Letter and brought it to the Mount, to Mount Carmel. They read out the Letter to them and explain to them the writing, - to those of Jacob (Yaqif) and those of B'nai-Amen and those of Samuel (Shumel). They assemble on Mount Carmel." (Book of John the Baptist 26)

Those of Jacob, the B'nai Amen, Samuel (and Elijah) represent different branches within the Essene-Nasorean group who had its main Temple and monastery on Mount Carmel. In another section of this same Mandeaen work we are told that the B'nai-Amen ("Children of God"), are the Mount Carmel group, or Order, especially connected with the Essene Temple there:

"Jacob leaves the House of the People; B'nai-Amen leaves the Temple; Elizar the great house leaves the dome of the priests." (Book of John the Baptist 27)

In the New Testament book of Revelations, the word Amen is used as a name for Deity, helping to explain why the Temple custodians on Mt. Carmel were called the disciples, or children of Amen - the B'nai-Amen. "These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God." (Book of Revelations 3:14)

ttp://essene.com/B'nai-Amen/B'nai-AmenAndBeni-Zadok.htm

....the same story from another source, now defunct:

THE ARAMAIC NAME of John the Baptist is Yuhana, and we learn from his book that when he died his death was reported to the Nazorean central Temple on Mt Carmel:

"Yuhana has left his body, his brothers make proclamations, his brothers proclaim unto him on the Mount, on Mount Carmel. They took the Letter and brought it to the Mount, to Mount Carmel. They read out the Letter to them and explain to them the writing, - to Yaqif (James) Beni-Amin (Yeshu) and Shumel (Samuel/Shimeon). They assemble on Mount Carmel." [1]

So in this ancient Aramaic scroll we have reference to the death of Yuhana being reported to three named Beni-Amin, Yaqif and Shimeon. These are the Aramaic names of Yeshu (Son of Amin[2] or Beni-Amin), and Yeshu’s two brothers James (Yaqif) and Shimeon (Shumel). All three brothers are connected with the sacred Mount of Carmel and with the temple there and would eventually lead the Nazorean Sect. At the death of such an important Nazorean as Yuhana, it was protocol that such be reported to the central Temple and to those who preside there. These three sons of Miryam[3] and Yoseph are the ones to which the death of Yuhana is reported to. The first of these brothers, Yeshu, is immediately appointed successor to Yuhana. After Yeshu’s death in 30 AD. the second brother James (Yaqif ) will assume leadership. When Yaqif is killed in 64 AD. the third brother Shumel will succeed him. Shumel himself was reportedly martyred in the reign of Trajan (98-117 AD), bringing to a close the presidency of these three sons of Miryam. They, with their female counterparts, presided over the Naziruthian system of enlightenment and purification for more than 70 years. Their home and seat of authority was the Temple at Carmel.

[1] Sidra Dyahya (Book Of John)/Drashe Dmalke (Discourses Of Kings) 26

[2] Amin, or Amun, was one name of the Nazorean’s Highest God. Beni meant “son of”.

[3] “Virgin” Mary

http://essenes.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=313&Itemid=612

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Insufficient? Try 'virtually none'. The only thing that even makes a 'Nazareth' plausible is the Essene story of a tent city.

You're missing my point, which is that the Essene scenario, whether true or not, makes all of the elements perfectly plausible, while the NT account has conflicts. If there was no 'hard' town of Nazareth, as the NT writers tell us, it doesn't make Jesus non-existent, but it casts doubt on his existence, if not upon the rest of the account, especially when seen in the light of Jesus being a myth created by Paul and Rome, wherein the doctrines of Yeshua were overwritten by the pagan myths, as a device for pagan conversion into Christianity.

Right. All accounts other than the mainstream one are lies. Of course. That's why the Church made it a point to systematically destroy them.

Linking Yeshu to Mt. Carmel and the Nazarene/Nazorean Essenes:

B'nai-Amen

Historical references to the deeper monastic Order of the Nasarenes are found in the Book of John the Baptist, one of the more ancient scriptures of the Mandaen sect. These Mandeans call themselves Nasorai, or Nasoreans, and claim descent from the original Nasarenes to which both John the Baptist and Yeshua (Jesus) once belonged. In this Mandeaen Book of John the Baptist we find several references to Mt. Carmel and the Nasorean sect who once lived there:

"John has left his body, his brothers make proclamations, his brothers proclaim unto him on the Mount, on Mount Carmel. They took the Letter and brought it to the Mount, to Mount Carmel. They read out the Letter to them and explain to them the writing, - to those of Jacob (Yaqif) and those of B'nai-Amen and those of Samuel (Shumel). They assemble on Mount Carmel." (Book of John the Baptist 26)

Those of Jacob, the B'nai Amen, Samuel (and Elijah) represent different branches within the Essene-Nasorean group who had its main Temple and monastery on Mount Carmel. In another section of this same Mandeaen work we are told that the B'nai-Amen ("Children of God"), are the Mount Carmel group, or Order, especially connected with the Essene Temple there:

"Jacob leaves the House of the People; B'nai-Amen leaves the Temple; Elizar the great house leaves the dome of the priests." (Book of John the Baptist 27)

In the New Testament book of Revelations, the word Amen is used as a name for Deity, helping to explain why the Temple custodians on Mt. Carmel were called the disciples, or children of Amen - the B'nai-Amen. "These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God." (Book of Revelations 3:14)

ttp://essene.com/B'nai-Amen/B'nai-AmenAndBeni-Zadok.htm

....the same story from another source, now defunct:

THE ARAMAIC NAME of John the Baptist is Yuhana, and we learn from his book that when he died his death was reported to the Nazorean central Temple on Mt Carmel:

"Yuhana has left his body, his brothers make proclamations, his brothers proclaim unto him on the Mount, on Mount Carmel. They took the Letter and brought it to the Mount, to Mount Carmel. They read out the Letter to them and explain to them the writing, - to Yaqif (James) Beni-Amin (Yeshu) and Shumel (Samuel/Shimeon). They assemble on Mount Carmel." [1]

So in this ancient Aramaic scroll we have reference to the death of Yuhana being reported to three named Beni-Amin, Yaqif and Shimeon. These are the Aramaic names of Yeshu (Son of Amin[2] or Beni-Amin), and Yeshu’s two brothers James (Yaqif) and Shimeon (Shumel). All three brothers are connected with the sacred Mount of Carmel and with the temple there and would eventually lead the Nazorean Sect. At the death of such an important Nazorean as Yuhana, it was protocol that such be reported to the central Temple and to those who preside there. These three sons of Miryam[3] and Yoseph are the ones to which the death of Yuhana is reported to. The first of these brothers, Yeshu, is immediately appointed successor to Yuhana. After Yeshu’s death in 30 AD. the second brother James (Yaqif ) will assume leadership. When Yaqif is killed in 64 AD. the third brother Shumel will succeed him. Shumel himself was reportedly martyred in the reign of Trajan (98-117 AD), bringing to a close the presidency of these three sons of Miryam. They, with their female counterparts, presided over the Naziruthian system of enlightenment and purification for more than 70 years. Their home and seat of authority was the Temple at Carmel.

[1] Sidra Dyahya (Book Of John)/Drashe Dmalke (Discourses Of Kings) 26

[2] Amin, or Amun, was one name of the Nazorean’s Highest God. Beni meant “son of”.

[3] “Virgin” Mary

http://essenes.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=313&Itemid=612

Are you refusing to talk about this or can you really not do it?

Please, please tell me if you're serious or if you're joking. I'm honestly not sure how to treat this. If you're joking, we can have a marvelous time quoting terrible sources and making up goofy stuff.

Until I know for certain otherwise, I must assume you're joking (as I have been). It's hard for me to assume the worst of people, so I approach it with good-humored optimism.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

angellous_evangellous

Duck walks into a bar

Barkeep says get out of here or this Essene is going to nail your bill to the floor

Duck asks, "Is he from Mt Carmel"

Godnotgod yells, "Yes"

Duck says, "I'll have a beer."

A

angellous_evangellous

A preist, a rabbi, and a Mt Carmel Essene walk into a bar

Barkeep says what will you two be having?

A

angellous_evangellous

A blonde and a Mt Carmel Essene are having sex

Boyfriend walks in

Says what the HECK are you doing with my Aramaic NT!!

A

angellous_evangellous

Zarathustra walks into a bar

Barkeep says, "You're that Mt. Carmel guy, aintcha"

Zarathustra says, "Don't talk about my Daddy like that!"

nuk nuk nuk

A

angellous_evangellous

An Aramaic NT and a Greek NT walk into a bar

Barkeep says what will it be?

Greek NT says I'll have two whiskies, and a spritzer for my invisible friend.

A

angellous_evangellous

Aramaic NT tries to cross the road

Has to wait for something real to come and help

A

angellous_evangellous

A priest, a rabbi, and an Aramaic NT walk into a bar

Barkeep look straight at the Aramaic NT and says

"Welcome to Nazareth"

Rabbi has a heart attack

A

angellous_evangellous

A duck, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and the Aramaic NT are sitting at the bar

Sheriff spills a bottle of 25 year old scotch all over the book

Sheriff shoots himself in a delirious rage

Duck leans over and says, "He read somewhere on the internet that you were real"

A

angellous_evangellous

Two pizzas walk into a bar
Barkeep asks why they are 30 minutes late
Pizzas say they were reading the Aramaic NT and lost track of thyme.

A

angellous_evangellous

A bear is pooping in the woods
Nobody is around except for a Mt Camel Essene
Does it make a sound?

A

angellous_evangellous

An Aramaic NT is sipping ale at the bar
Three ducks storm in, knife it right in the spine and carry it out
Barkeep asks a patron - what the **** was that about?
They are enforcers for the Mt Carmel Essenes
Barkeep says, "Ah, I remember reading something about that online"

A

angellous_evangellous

The last Mt Camel Essene is on his deathbed
Tells his son, "You must create a website so the world knows that we existed."
Son says, "But Pop, you just sprang your ankle at Putt-Putt."

A

angellous_evangellous

Three cans of tuna are at the checkout line
They start arguing about which soda to buy
Clerk says, "I think you'll love the cream soda"
Tuna says, "You speak fish?"
Clerk says, "Well, I made up a website about the Aramaic NT. Sure, I can speak fish."

Clerk pees on the floor and then runs around the store naked.