• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus: The Missing Years in the East

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Ok, I've had some "mystical" experiences like the times I took Salvia Divinorum (Which is 100% legal, admins!), and they confirmed my beliefs on the soul and the universe, does that make me a mystic?

Oh yeah, I also hold a few "Gnostic" beliefs as well, does that also make me a Mystic?

YES!!!!!!!! More so the beliefs on the soul and the universe than the gnostic beliefs, considering I don't know what particular ones you hold. There are many gnostic beliefs that I wouldn't consider mystical, and many that I would.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Ok, I've had some "mystical" experiences like the times I took Salvia Divinorum (Which is 100% legal, admins!), and they confirmed my beliefs on the soul and the universe, does that make me a mystic?

Oh yeah, I also hold a few "Gnostic" beliefs as well, does that also make me a Mystic?

Basically, the idea is that most of mankind lives on the first 3 levels of conscious awareness, the first being Sleep without Dreams, the second being Sleep with Dreams, and the third being Waking Sleep or Identification, which is the state of our ordinary wakefulness and everyday life, in which we only think ourselves awake, when, in reality, we are asleep, following the patterns of our social indoctrination. From birth, we have accumulated various images that, taken altogether, we associate with who and what we are, the "I", or the self. But that is not our real nature, which is now asleep, drowned out by all of the noise of the ego. The goal of the mystic, once he comes to the realization that he is living in Identification, is to awaken into the fourth level and beyond. He does this through concerted effort. This fourth level is known as Self Transcendence, in which one plays the part of an impartial Observer, watching the drama of the self in Identification on the Third Level, without becoming involved in the drama itself. Because this character called the self is illusory, it eventually dissolves and the True Self unfolds. This dissolution of the illusory self is what is known as Nirvana, or 'the extinguishing'.

This is just a rough synopsis which is taken from the book by Robert de Ropp called 'The Master Game'. If you wish to see more, here is a link to a free download of the book in .pdf format. Highly recommended.

master_game.jpg

http://selfdefinition.org/gurdjieff/Robert-S-De-Ropp--The-Master-Game.pdf

Here is another important work from the Taoist world:

Secret-of-the-Golden-Flower-free-pdf-ebook-192x300.jpg

The Secret of the Golden Flower subtitled ‘A Chinese Book of Life’ with a commentary by C. G. Jung. This ancient esoteric treatise was transmitted orally for centuries before being recorded on a series of wooden tablets in the eighth century. It was recorded by a member of the Religion of Light, whose leader was the Taoist adept Lu Yen (also known as Lu Yen and Lu “Guest of the Cavern”). It is said that Lu Tzu became one of the Eight Immortals using these methods. The ideas have been traced back to Persia and the Zarathustra tradition and its roots in the Egyptian Hermetic tradition. Download 'Secret of the Golden Flower' here in full length as a free PDF file:

http://www.holybooks.com/secret-of-the-golden-flower/

Also, I have a thread called 'Zen Library' where I have more free .pdf books available for download, if you want more, here:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/zen-dir/145856-zen-library.html

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Heh..heh...soon you will be kissing the sacred ground of terra firma those crappy websites rest upon, instead of kissing yourself, when you finally see them warmed by the Radiant Sun.

Hallelujah! Another soul brother saved by and for Truth and Justice!
:D

You forgot to liven up the post with a puppy. :cover:

A

angellous_evangellous

Just a cursory check on one of the sites I linked here, one of his essays begins by referencing Philo and Josephus in talking about the Essenes, for example.

See here:

http://www.essene.org/Ancient_Essenes.htm

That is completely irrelevant.

Sources must be interpreted correctly in order to be relevant, and this guy essentially flushes Philo and Josephus down the toilet.

*** Just a second, and be honest here. Are you seriously endorsing this source or are you using it as a joke? ***

I've been taking you seriously - like you really are convinced about this stuff because you're so concerned with fact and investing in these sources. But your sources are a joke. I want to make fun of it with you if that's what you're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

angellous_evangellous

...and it's stuff like this that makes my jaw drop.

I always said that eating the menu was preferable to the meal, LOL.

It's delicious that you claim to be a lover of truth, but you can't tell when something is obviously wrong. Often times on many different levels.

A

angellous_evangellous

http://www.essene.org/Ancient_Essenes.htm

Did you not realize that this is from a fundamentalist church?

Is this a joke?

That article is written by a "Brother Day."

And at the bottom of the page, you are invited to give him money.
rlto.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

Being a religious organization doesn't make everything they say erroneous.

You said (on this thread!) that no Christian can be a scholar.

This guy claims to have a DD, which is a Doctor of Divinity, a church degree (not a secular one), and he's clearly using the article to promote his religion.

He is hardly a reliable source, even by your standards.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't necessarily subscribe to the author's belief system.

Being a religious organization doesn't make everything they say erroneous.

So you're referring to this and your other sources as reliable places to learn/gain knowledge?

This source is TELLING you that he is unreliable.

A

angellous_evangellous

I claim this thread for ducks!
DucksSWNS.jpg