• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Ordered the Killing of Many People

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
quote=sandy whitelinger-Extravagant verbosity even!

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
I believe you've asked this question before, but do you not realize that our Prophet is Prophet and President of a 12 million member Church? Or do you not realize how large that is?

Well I mentioned to you that there is the president of the evangelist 30 million strong that currently have lots of time in his hands...

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Well I mentioned to you that there is the president of the evangelist 30 million strong that currently have lots of time in his hands...

He's a bit different then our President. If you knew that about us, you wouldn't be making this comment. And if you are insinuating anything about our current president, I'd suggest you stop now.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Like I said, recent.

You stated

that it had been around since Jesus.

I had to say that in todays terminology... I wasn't alive when this man from 2000 years walked the earth.... that is why I added we still see it today. Didn't mean to say it was called that then.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
If you intend to "challenge" them with the same tripe you post here, I'm sure they've got better things to do with their time.

Is there such a site... plus LDS teachings of justifiable killings are there such things that your prophets had re translated?

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
He's a bit different then our President. If you knew that about us, you wouldn't be making this comment. And if you are insinuating anything about our current president, I'd suggest you stop now.

So how do you communicate with your prophets like if you need to clarify their messages such as their stand on justifiable killings as what this thread seems to say since it came from a self proclaimed god?

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Is there such a site... plus LDS teachings of justifiable killings are there such things that your prophets had re translated?

You are really a hoot, you know that?

Have you not realized, not one of us takes your seroiusly?! It's just fun to watch you come up with things that make no sense and that are highly illogical; despite your name.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
So how do you communicate with your prophets like if you need to clarify their messages such as their stand on justifiable killings as what this thread seems to say since it came from a self proclaimed god?

*Sigh* I'm not going to discuss this with you. You don't take it seriously, then when we do try to explain something to you, you turn our words around and change what we said.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
w

As far as I'm considered, none of our prophets have ever spoke 'prophetically' about justifiable killings.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
w

As far as I'm considered, none of our prophets have ever spoke 'prophetically' about justifiable killings.

How are the loss of life in the bible explained in your religion?

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
How are the loss of life in the bible explained in your religion?
Why don't you go to an LDS Church and find out? Instead of acting all high-and-mighty here.

They'll be able to answer your questions and provide you with very stable answers.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Why don't you go to an LDS Church and find out? Instead of acting all high-and-mighty here.

They'll be able to answer your questions and provide you with very stable answers.

Is there one that you have access to your prophets?

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
Can you please think about what you are saying before you post it? I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to ask here.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Is there one that you have access to your prophets?

*Bangs head* You really don't get it do you?

Go to an LDS Church. You will have access to the bishop who is the head of the congregation who speaks for that congregation. He'll be able to answer your questions. If you'd like to visit Salt Lake City, I'm sure you could find a congregation that the Prophet attends, but most likely he will not be there because he is around the world helping out Church members.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I agree with Sojourner, sort of. (He may not like my parenthetical caveat.) Jesus was a man. Christ is God (or one "image" of God out of many, to borrow Willamena's term). Jesus was the human incarnation of Christ. Christ may have existed since the beginning with the Father. But Jesus didn't exist until he was born in Bethlehem. Therefore, Jesus could not have ordered the killings in question.

That said, it begs the question: did Christ order the killings. :p

Islam, I don't know what you hope to gain from this post. If the killings were just, then there's little problem with saying that Christ ordered the killings. If the killings were not just, then Christians will be reluctant to say that Christ had anything to do with them. BUT if the killings were not just, then you condemn your own God as well. The God of Abraham and Isaac is the God of Ishmael as well.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Can you please think about what you are saying before you post it? I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to ask here.

The question was in the LDS were there any messages from your prophets translations about justifiable killings? My first request was is there a site that the LDS prophets had allowed people to challenge their prophecy. I am asking you since you say you belong to that organization/faith.

ProfLogic

lilithu said:
I agree with Sojourner, sort of. (He may not like my parenthetical caveat.) Jesus was a man. Christ is God (or one "image" of God out of many, to borrow Willamena's term). Jesus was the human incarnation of Christ. Christ may have existed since the beginning with the Father. But Jesus didn't exist until he was born in Bethlehem. Therefore, Jesus could not have ordered the killings in question.

Islam, I don't know what you hope to gain from this post. If the killings were just, then there's little problem with saying that Christ ordered the killings. If the killings were not just, then Christians will be reluctant to say that Christ had anything to do with them. BUT if the killings were not just, then you condemn your own God as well. The God of Abraham and Isaac is the God of Ishmael as well.

Its begining to appear that the true argument is not really the killings its back to if jesus is man or really a god since in the OT it order slaugthers, wars, etc thus if Jesus is truly a god then he is guilty in ordering the slaugthers. If he is a man then he was just an instrument and had noting to do with the slaugthers himself.

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
The question was in the LDS were there any messages from your prophets translations about justifiable killings?
I'm still not sure what you think you are talking about
My first request was is there a site that the LDS prophets had allowed people to challenge their prophecy. I am asking you since you say you belong to that organization/faith.
Not that I know of. Why don't you just "challenge their prophecy" here. If you ever give a coherent argument about anything, we may be inclined to pass it on.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
lilithu said:

Christ is more than just "one image of God." That statement is one of the classic heresies. Christ is one person of the Triune God. To my mind, Christ is different from Jesus, in that Jesus was "God made flesh" -- the very human nature of the Son, that existed in a certain time and place -- could not have been present in OT times. Christ is the very divine nature of the Son, who is the fullest expression of the unity of God.

The question is really moot, because Jesus, recognizing the absolute sovereignty of God, would have answered, "God does as God does. God wills as God wills." Jesus did not concern himself with the veracity of God's acts...and neither do we.

A

angellous_evangellous

sojourner said:
Christ is more than just "one image of God." That statement is one of the classic heresies. Christ is one person of the Triune God. To my mind, Christ is different from Jesus, in that Jesus was "God made flesh" -- the very human nature of the Son, that existed in a certain time and place -- could not have been present in OT times. Christ is the very divine nature of the Son, who is the fullest expression of the unity of God.

The question is really moot, because Jesus, recognizing the absolute sovereignty of God, would have answered, "God does as God does. God wills as God wills." Jesus did not concern himself with the veracity of God's acts...and neither do we.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.