• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Ordered the Killing of Many People

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfLogic

michel said:
Good point (your edit). But the O.P was written as "If you believe that God=Jesus, then the 'killing of lots of people in the O.T", which, I suppose is the way it could be seen to be understood by non Christians.

Isn't this the belief of Christians during the crusades. They had to kill to find their god and religion? Those people were christians.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
ProfLogic said:
Isn't this the belief of Christians during the crusades. They had to kill to find their god and religion? Those people were christians.

Yes, in a way; no one can dispute deaths throughout History in the name of religion. Witches were put in ducking stools - for instance- if they died, then they were innocent (and would go straight to heaven); if they survived, they were burned at the stake. But hopefully, mankind has become a little wiser, and more moral since those days.

ProfLogic

michel said:
Yes, in a way; no one can dispute deaths throughout History in the name of religion. Witches were put in ducking stools - for instance- if they died, then they were innocent (and would go straight to heaven); if they survived, they were burned at the stake. But hopefully, mankind has become a little wiser, and more moral since those days.

Thanks for pointing this out, but you can still see many people on this forum that does not see that the bible is a reference for someone to read and decide for themselves what it truly mean, as shown in the crusades historically. Instead of just letting then say their opinions about their interpretation, the normal religious response of people being ignorant etc soon follows. Well this curse of prophecy that I encountered truly tells me what this bible is all about and have a great incite on what this book is really about.

In looking at history, people get caught up in their religions so much that they forget that the others they murdered/ or killed are also fellow human beings, same as the posters of this forum. People think if there is a point that seems derogatory towards their religion that it is a personal attack thus they justify their retaliation as a personal attack, but the poster of this thread just wants to see other's opinion. I always say if you arechallenging the self proclaimed god, then let it defend itself and not through humanity.

The question to the poster is doesn't Islam have a counterpart like references to infidels?

ProfLogic

A follow up is if jesus is a true prophet of islam, what is the explanation on the killings in the Qua'ran as depicted on the original thread, if there are such references?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

ProfLogic said:
A follow up is if jesus is a true prophet of islam, what is the explanation on the killings in the Qua'ran as depicted on the original thread, if there are such references?

I am not a Muslim, but I think I can answer this question. Muslims do not consider Jesus to be God. He was an important Prophet, but not God, nor the Son of God. Therefore, any killings ordered by God in the OT would not be ascribed to Jesus. The "Triumvirate nature of the One True God" (think about that for a minute) is a Christian Concept.

Islam has no trinity, therefore the actions of Jesus or Muhammed would not be a direct reflection of God/Allah or vice versa. That being said, there is plenty in both the OT and the Q'uran and the Hadith's which are hard to justify if anyone is ascribing the generally accepted concepts of omniscience, omnipotence, and omnibenevolence to either the Christian or Muslim view of God/Allah.

B.

ProfLogic

wanderer085 said:
Don't worry, the biblical Jesus never existed, so he never ordered any killings.

Actually there is a strong possibility that a man was trick by an awareness to act like he was the son of a god. Its called the jesus christ complex. We see evidence of this today. An awareness that can suggest things in peoples minds.. like the prophets.

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
Actually there is a strong possibility that a man was trick by an awareness to act like he was the son of a god. Its called the jesus christ complex. We see evidence of this today. An awareness that can suggest things in peoples minds.. like the prophets.
Jesus had a Jesus complex :biglaugh:

ProfLogic

michel said:

You put too much faith in mankinds ability to change its destiny. There is no way it will ever happen if religions and politics and different classes exists. Thus even in the bible its accepted that killings are justified as long as you do in the name of the self proclaimed god....following its orders. As in chronicles.. david followed it and more than likely killed a lot of living human beings. In the end he was chaztized for slaugthering a group of people and its fairly suspecious that it happened when david was old...... which suggest this awareness found no more use for david so suddely he fell out of grace.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
They called it that since he was the first well known man... Its originally called a god complex...

Actually it's a recent development. They weren't calling it the "Jesus complex" back then. Stop making up stories.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Actually it's a recent development. They weren't calling it the "Jesus complex" back then. Stop making up stories.

It was already known for many years, at least clinically back in the 1960s........ You should check up the cases....

ProfLogic

Is there a site that you can send your prophets some email on...... It would be great if I can challenge these so-called prophets.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
It was already known for many years, at least clinically back in the 1960s........ You should check up the cases....

Like I said, recent.

You stated

ProfLogic said:
They called it that since he was the first well known man... Its originally called a god complex...

that it had been around since Jesus.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Is there a site that you can send your prophets some email on...... It would be great if I can challenge these so-called prophets.

I believe you've asked this question before, but do you not realize that our Prophet is Prophet and President of a 12 million member Church? Or do you not realize how large that is?

cardero

Citizen Mod
sojourner said:
To answer A_E, yes, we are responsible for following that God! But I think that our world view causes us to follow God differently than the ancient Hebrews.
What could have changed today that would make someone follow a God who is not suppose to change? A God whose word and will cannot be undone?

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Jesus had a Jesus complex :biglaugh:

As if you knew jesus christ's real name..... It was associated with him since he became popular in the countries who believed in him........ As mentioned before it is originally a god complex.. similar to people of today that thinks they are receiving messages from a god.....

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
If you intend to "challenge" them with the same tripe you post here, I'm sure they've got better things to do with their time.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
As if you knew jesus christ's real name..... It was associated with him since he became popular in the countries who believed in him........ As mentioned before it is originally a god complex.. similar to people of today that thinks they are receiving messages from a god.....

And you know Jesus Christ's "real name"? This should be fun. :sarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.