• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Ordered the Killing of Many People

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Why don't you just "challenge their prophecy" here. If you ever give a coherent argument about anything, we may be inclined to pass it on.

Is there an official site where the translated messages of the LDS prophets are posted and also describes the physical manifestations when tehy are receiving the messages?

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
Is there an official site where the translated messages of the LDS prophets are posted and also describes the physical manifestations when tehy are receiving the messages?
I already told you, No.

ProfLogic

sojourner said:
Christ is more than just "one image of God." That statement is one of the classic heresies. Christ is one person of the Triune God. To my mind, Christ is different from Jesus, in that Jesus was "God made flesh" -- the very human nature of the Son, that existed in a certain time and place -- could not have been present in OT times. Christ is the very divine nature of the Son, who is the fullest expression of the unity of God.

The question is really moot, because Jesus, recognizing the absolute sovereignty of God, would have answered, "God does as God does. God wills as God wills." Jesus did not concern himself with the veracity of God's acts...and neither do we.

Why can't it be possible that the christ you are refering to manifested itself through jesus? Similar to what prophets experience.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
ProfLogic said:
Why can't it be possible that the christ you are refering to manifested itself through jesus? Similar to what prophets experience.
It is possible. What did you think I meant? The Son is Jesus, fully human, as well as the Christ, fully divine. The distinction I'm making is that the fully-human person we know as Jesus did not order the killing of thousands of people. But then, Jesus would not have challenged God's sovereignty by questioning God's actions.

ProfLogic

sojourner said:
It is possible. What did you think I meant? The Son is Jesus, fully human, as well as the Christ, fully divine. The distinction I'm making is that the fully-human person we know as Jesus did not order the killing of thousands of people. But then, Jesus would not have challenged God's sovereignty by questioning God's actions.

It appeared from your post that you are saying they are different. From my experience in prophecy, you become the awareness that is trying to manifest through you. So jesus and christ becomes one. If christ did manifest through jesus then if jesus did not fight it off, he also is guilty for his actions.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
ProfLogic said:
It appeared from your post that you are saying they are different. From my experience in prophecy, you become the awareness that is trying to manifest through you. So jesus and christ becomes one. If christ did manifest through jesus then if jesus did not fight it off, he also is guilty for his actions.

There is no "guilt" here! What higher court administers justice for God's actions? God acts. We perceive the actions. But our perceptions cannot pass judgment on those actions. The fact that Jesus is the Christ, and part of the Triune God is non-sequitur.

Status
Not open for further replies.