• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is coming in 2033?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I believe that Jesus will most likely appear in 2033 at the latest. The reason why I am now sure that Jesus will come in this time period is because of Genesis 1. When we look at this chapter we realize that much of the creation days are meant metaphorically, or how could plants and water exist before the sun? It is obvious that there is something hidden in this. I believe that the darkness on the first day means the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, through Adam's sin, death came into the world. On the fourth day, the sun appeared, which is Jesus, who was the light of the world on earth. I believe that from the fall of man to the resurrection is exactly 4000 years. Adam opened the door of death through his shame, Jesus opened the door of life through his resurrection. The number 4 is often associated with slavery in the Bible, such as the 400 year slavery of Israel in Egypt. Man became a slave through Adam and Jesus ended this slavery, through his resurrection, whoever believes in it can become free. In 2033 at the latest, the year 6000 will begin, which according to the Bible is the beginning of the Sabbath. Sabbath means rest, Jesus will bring rest on the world, he will make everything new, and destroy the wicked as he did before through the flood, but this time not with water, but with fire. In my opinion, it all fits together.

Isn't that crazy? We are living in the last years. What do you think about it?
Although no one knows the day or hour... including you -
(Matthew 24:36) . . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.
Your chosen year lines up with my guess as to this world not lasting beyond there.
Somehow I arrived at that, not based on your calculations, but just based on world events taking place according to prophecy.

I don't live my life based on on set date though. It will come suddenly, like a thief, when least expected, according to Jesus.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe that Jesus will most likely appear in 2033 at the latest
What if Jesus decides to come incognito, because people messed up to much, not following His Teaching, so useless to give them new one?
Would you recognize Him? And who knows, Jesus might already have arrived but you did not recognize him?

But, anyway, they say "hope gives life", so it's good to believe in something positive. I would like it if my Guru also returns. He did tell us He will be back in 8 years; glad He did not leave us waiting without saying the number of years in between. But probably He will be born in 8 years, but then it takes another 20 years before growing up. So, still a long time to go. But compared to the Christians, I consider myself fortunate.:)

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I believe that Jesus will most likely appear in 2033 at the latest. The reason why I am now sure that Jesus will come in this time period is because of Genesis 1. When we look at this chapter we realize that much of the creation days are meant metaphorically, or how could plants and water exist before the sun? It is obvious that there is something hidden in this. I believe that the darkness on the first day means the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, through Adam's sin, death came into the world. On the fourth day, the sun appeared, which is Jesus, who was the light of the world on earth. I believe that from the fall of man to the resurrection is exactly 4000 years. Adam opened the door of death through his shame, Jesus opened the door of life through his resurrection. The number 4 is often associated with slavery in the Bible, such as the 400 year slavery of Israel in Egypt. Man became a slave through Adam and Jesus ended this slavery, through his resurrection, whoever believes in it can become free. In 2033 at the latest, the year 6000 will begin, which according to the Bible is the beginning of the Sabbath. Sabbath means rest, Jesus will bring rest on the world, he will make everything new, and destroy the wicked as he did before through the flood, but this time not with water, but with fire. In my opinion, it all fits together.

I have heard 2033 is a possibility.

Teritos

I would like to mention briefly that I am not the first with this theory, there are already Christians from the year 2012 who claimed that Jesus will appear in the year 2033. For me personally, this theory is biblical logical.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would like to mention briefly that I am not the first with this theory, there are already Christians from the year 2012 who claimed that Jesus will appear in the year 2033. For me personally, this theory is biblical logical.
Christians, starting with the disciples who were promised some of them would still be alive when Jesus returns, have been predicting the return of Jesus. They've been doing it for 2000 years, and the predictions have had a 100% fail rate.
Your claim is no different than the myriad others claims that involve math gymnastics. With just a very basic understanding of mathematical operations it is possible to take any set of numbers and make them come out to anything you want. Take this number and that number, multiply, divide, add, and subtract you can do this with anything. It's not impressive. There's even a cheesy movie about the premises of such math games driving someone to the point of madness.

Teritos

Although no one knows the day or hour... including you -
(Matthew 24:36) . . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.
I don't understand you Jehovah's witnesses, when Jesus talks about hell, you come up with the argument that this is metaphorical. But when Jesus says that no one knows the hour, you take it literally, why? Ever thought that this way of speaking has something to do with Jewish culture, and should not be understood literally? Jesus knows very well the hour, he is the wisdom of God. He knows everything.(John 21:17)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hmmm...2012...wasn't that the last doomsday date?
This one probably deserves a thread of it's own, but the short answer is only to those who took the pop-culture misunderstanding of the Mayan calendar.
The other short answer is the Mayan's themselves didn't predict the end entirely and altogether, but rather the end of one age and beginning of a new one.

nPeace

Veteran Member

I must say, you really do come up with some ideas though.

If the Holy spirit were communicating this to you, then you would have something, but since that's not the case, as Jesus has not specially pick you out to share this, then you believe it, but the ideas are just coming from your head, and you would not want people to think you are just another preacher, proclaiming the end of the world countdown.

It's good you are keeping on the watch though, but just be careful of making the mistake many have in the past, including some of JWs.
No one knows the day or hour, so now is the time to be busy preaching the good news, and making sure what kind of person "you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat! But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace." (2 Peter 3:11-14)

That day could come in 2025... Suddenly!
However, I take note you said 2033 at the latest, so I think you know this. :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't understand you Jehovah's witnesses, when Jesus talks about hell, you come up with the argument that this is metaphorical. But when Jesus says that no one knows the hour, you take it literally, why? Ever thought that this way of speaking has something to do with Jewish culture, and should not be understood literally? Jesus knew very well the hour, he is the wisdom of God.
Is Jesus a liar then?

Teritos

Is Jesus a liar then?
No, he isn't.
One of the little-known aspects of Jewish culture was the wedding ceremony. When a bride and groom were to be married, a celebration would ensue. It took time to prepare the meals, the water, the wine, as well as for people to make travel plans to attend the wedding. Of course, in order to prepare for such a celebration, people had to know what day the wedding would occur. The custom of the groom was to prepare a room-addition to the father’s house. This is where the new bride and groom would reside after the wedding. it was the custom that the father would then “officially” declares the room addition ready and give the son permission to go get his bride. Of course, the trumpeters were waiting for the official command by the father of the household for the son to go get the bride. It was customary to say that no one knew the day nor the hour when the father would send the son to get the bride. It was a sign of respect for the father. It was a cultural thing. So, when Jesus said that no one knows the day nor the hour, he was reflecting the cultural norm. It did not mean he did not actually know the day nor the hour.
If Jesus is God, then why did He not know the time of His return? (carm.org)

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't understand you Jehovah's witnesses, when Jesus talks about hell, you come up with the argument that this is metaphorical. But when Jesus says that no one knows the hour, you take it literally, why? Ever thought that this way of speaking has something to do with Jewish culture, and should not be understood literally? Jesus knows very well the hour, he is the wisdom of God. He knows everything.(John 21:17)
We look to scriptures to explain others. We don't come up with what we want to believe.
Take for example, Revelation 20, 13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. 14 And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. 15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

Where the Greek word Hades is used, we can understand it is the Grave, for a number of reasons - The word itself, the context, and what the verse itself says.

However, this is not the thread to discuss that issue, so don't get side tracked.
If you wish to discuss interpretation, I created a thread to discuss that...Interpretation... Or God's View
If you are interested, join me there, or let me know.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'm interested. Do you have references?

Dogknox20

Teritos Scriptures tell us "Until the moon fails"!

Psalm 72:7 In his days may the righteous flourish and prosperity abound till the moon is no more.
Isaiah 13:9
See, the day of the Lord is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.
10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.

Ezekiel 32:7
When I snuff you out, I will cover the heavens and darken their stars; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon will not give its light.

Joel 2:31
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

Teritos If the moon was hit by an asteroid the dust would turn the moon red!
Matthew 24:29
“Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Teritos Scriptures tell us "The sea will roar"!
If the moon is hit the earth will shake, the tides will go wild!