• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is coming in 2033?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't understand you Jehovah's witnesses, when Jesus talks about hell, you come up with the argument that this is metaphorical. But when Jesus says that no one knows the hour, you take it literally, why? Ever thought that this way of speaking has something to do with Jewish culture, and should not be understood literally? Jesus knows very well the hour, he is the wisdom of God. He knows everything.(John 21:17)
If one can take Jesus words - “Concerning that day [the day he was talking about just a few words prior] and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father..." and turn them into something figurative, that person can take every single expression in the Bible, and twist it to whatever they want it to mean.
I don't have discussion with those kinds of persons. I think that's wicked.
So if that's you, forget it.
I will still oppose you though... every step of the way. :)

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
No, he isn't.
One of the little-known aspects of Jewish culture was the wedding ceremony. When a bride and groom were to be married, a celebration would ensue. It took time to prepare the meals, the water, the wine, as well as for people to make travel plans to attend the wedding. Of course, in order to prepare for such a celebration, people had to know what day the wedding would occur. The custom of the groom was to prepare a room-addition to the father’s house. This is where the new bride and groom would reside after the wedding. it was the custom that the father would then “officially” declares the room addition ready and give the son permission to go get his bride. Of course, the trumpeters were waiting for the official command by the father of the household for the son to go get the bride. It was customary to say that no one knew the day nor the hour when the father would send the son to get the bride. It was a sign of respect for the father. It was a cultural thing. So, when Jesus said that no one knows the day nor the hour, he was reflecting the cultural norm. It did not mean he did not actually know the day nor the hour.
If Jesus is God, then why did He not know the time of His return? (carm.org)
So Jesus lied, basically... according to you.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The Bible says something close:"thief in the night".
Aha, that makes sense to me

My first thought is not literally but symbolic "The night means when you have your eyes closed, so that means either asleep, so that Jesus will come in your dream, that I know is true. Or the other meaning of eyes closed is while meditating, and then for sure Jesus will come and meet you".

I would love to meet Jesus physical again, but I guess I have to do it with these other 2 options.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I believe that Jesus will most likely appear in 2033 at the latest. The reason why I am now sure that Jesus will come in this time period is because of Genesis 1. When we look at this chapter we realize that much of the creation days are meant metaphorically, or how could plants and water exist before the sun? It is obvious that there is something hidden in this. I believe that the darkness on the first day means the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, through Adam's sin, death came into the world. On the fourth day, the sun appeared, which is Jesus, who was the light of the world on earth. I believe that from the fall of man to the resurrection is exactly 4000 years. Adam opened the door of death through his shame, Jesus opened the door of life through his resurrection. The number 4 is often associated with slavery in the Bible, such as the 400 year slavery of Israel in Egypt. Man became a slave through Adam and Jesus ended this slavery, through his resurrection, whoever believes in it can become free. In 2033 at the latest, the year 6000 will begin, which according to the Bible is the beginning of the Sabbath. Sabbath means rest, Jesus will bring rest on the world, he will make everything new, and destroy the wicked as he did before through the flood, but this time not with water, but with fire. In my opinion, it all fits together.

Isn't that crazy? We are living in the last years. What do you think about it?
So since you are making a prophecy here, are you prepared to admit you are a false prophet when 2033 rolls around, or are you just going to start advocating a new date further along?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, he isn't.
One of the little-known aspects of Jewish culture was the wedding ceremony. When a bride and groom were to be married, a celebration would ensue. It took time to prepare the meals, the water, the wine, as well as for people to make travel plans to attend the wedding. Of course, in order to prepare for such a celebration, people had to know what day the wedding would occur. The custom of the groom was to prepare a room-addition to the father’s house. This is where the new bride and groom would reside after the wedding. it was the custom that the father would then “officially” declares the room addition ready and give the son permission to go get his bride. Of course, the trumpeters were waiting for the official command by the father of the household for the son to go get the bride. It was customary to say that no one knew the day nor the hour when the father would send the son to get the bride. It was a sign of respect for the father. It was a cultural thing. So, when Jesus said that no one knows the day nor the hour, he was reflecting the cultural norm. It did not mean he did not actually know the day nor the hour.
If Jesus is God, then why did He not know the time of His return? (carm.org)
So, then, Jesus was lying when asked a question and he didn't answer honestly. And conforming to cultural norms? Jesus?The guy who said "be not of this world," and went along with a cultural thing?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
this had nothing to do with the Bible and Christians, this prophecy was pagan. As far as I know it was from the Mayan religion.
Okay, sure. Do you happen to have the first 4000 years calculations based on the actual numbers from the bible and not vague BC dating? I want to be able to check out the actual calculations.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It will come suddenly, like a thief, when least expected, according to Jesus.
So, that is why it didn't happen until now and will not happen as long as there are Christians? Because there were and are always some who are expecting it "any time, now".
Making predictions is a sure way to prevent the Second Coming.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that from the fall of Adam to the death and resurrection of Jesus is exactly 4000 years. The year 4000 was in 33 AD, that's the year of Jesus' crucifixion. If we add 2000 years it would be the year 2033 and thus the year 6000.
The earth is some 4.5 billion years old. Life has existed here for more than 3.5 billion years.

So if Jesus is running to your schedule, he came, and apparently went, several billion years ago.

Or if we cheat and narrow our focus just to Homo sapiens sapiens, that starts about 200,000 years ago; or modern Homo sapiens sapiens, that's around 100,000 to 70,000 years ago.

But whichever way we look at it as an element of reality, and not as something simply imagined, the 6,000 years were up and the show was over a long long time before the earliest civilization, which wasn't around till roughly 10,000 years ago.

I know belief doesn't like to pause to look at facts, and that goes double for inconvenient facts, but I thought I'd just mention it,

74x12

I believe that Jesus will most likely appear in 2033 at the latest. The reason why I am now sure that Jesus will come in this time period is because of Genesis 1. When we look at this chapter we realize that much of the creation days are meant metaphorically, or how could plants and water exist before the sun? It is obvious that there is something hidden in this. I believe that the darkness on the first day means the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, through Adam's sin, death came into the world. On the fourth day, the sun appeared, which is Jesus, who was the light of the world on earth. I believe that from the fall of man to the resurrection is exactly 4000 years. Adam opened the door of death through his shame, Jesus opened the door of life through his resurrection. The number 4 is often associated with slavery in the Bible, such as the 400 year slavery of Israel in Egypt. Man became a slave through Adam and Jesus ended this slavery, through his resurrection, whoever believes in it can become free. In 2033 at the latest, the year 6000 will begin, which according to the Bible is the beginning of the Sabbath. Sabbath means rest, Jesus will bring rest on the world, he will make everything new, and destroy the wicked as he did before through the flood, but this time not with water, but with fire. In my opinion, it all fits together.

I don't think it's wise to put an exact date to Jesus' return. I mean even if you were right that Jesus would return 2033 days after his ascension that doesn't mean we have the dates right. You would have to assume that Jesus was literally born on 1 AD and that's not necessarily the case.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Date and hour of what? Not of Jesus' return to this world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Dave Watchman

This is my favorite subject.

I found it too late today.

Too busy to talk right now.

I bet you're right.

It's wild.

We are living in the last years, the last heptad.

I think it'd be before 2033.

Before 2026.

It could start before the year is out.

I think something could begin at any minute now.

It's almost too rude to talk about it now.

Be silent before the Lord.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Jesus is coming in 2033?

One is absolutely wrong.
Second Coming of Jesus has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, I understand. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe that from the fall of Adam to the death and resurrection of Jesus is exactly 4000 years. The year 4000 was in 33 AD, that's the year of Jesus' crucifixion. If we add 2000 years it would be the year 2033 and thus the year 6000.

Jesus did not:
  1. die on the Cross
  2. so no need of resurrection
  3. he never ascended to skies 40 day after the event of crucifixion.
The premise of one's calculation is certainly wrong, I understand. Right?
One also doesn't know as to why Jesus' Second Coming was to take place. Right?

Regards

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
One is absolutely wrong.
Second Coming of Jesus has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, I understand. Right?
Second Coming of Jesus has already taken place in the form of Baha'u'llah 1817-1892, I understand.
What evidence does Mirza Ghulam Ahmad have to back up his claims, or do you believe him with no evidence?
Baha'u'llah had a mountain of evidence to back up His claims to be the return of Christ and the Messiah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did not:
  1. die on the Cross
  2. so no need of resurrection
  3. he never ascended to skies 40 day after the event of crucifixion.
The premise of one's calculation is certainly wrong, I understand. Right?
One also doesn't know as to why Jesus' Second Coming was to take place. Right?
I believe that Jesus died on the cross but I do not believe He rose from the dead.
The only way that Christians can have Jesus returning in the same body is if He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven in the same body, but since physical bodies cannot exist rise up into the sky and exist in heaven that is an impossibility.

Of course it was already an impossibly unless Jesus lied or the Bible is in error but not one single Christian is willing to face what is in their own scriptures. They just ignore me when I post the verses.

(John 14:19, John 17:11, John 17:4, John 19:30, John 18:36, John 18:37)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So, that is why it didn't happen until now and will not happen as long as there are Christians?
No, that is not why. The verses below explain why, but Christians cannot face reality.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So Jesus lied, basically... according to you.
No, Jesus lied according to you and all Christians who believe He is going to return to this world.

no more
phrase of more
  1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Translate no more to
Definitions from Oxford Languages

InChrist

Free4ever

I believe Jesus could come at any moment, unexpectedly. No one knows the day or the hour... probably not the year either.

cataway

No, Jesus lied according to you and all Christians who believe He is going to return to this world.

no more
phrase of more
  1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Translate no more to
Definitions from Oxford Languages
the JW's will not tell you He is going to return to this world in bodily form. Jesus has no reason to walk the earth. he is in heaven and will remain there