• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

SeekingAllTruth

That's what proves it's a message from out of this world. The messages that sail (sell) so easily in this terrestrial earth, with every winds of doctrine, is the kind that is corrupted. Because the message that is not from this world is scanned out to be a virus, and does not agree with life in this terrestrial.

So this is another confession you have made.
Oooo..kay...o_O

samtonga43

I do not believe in a bodily resurrection, a physical body rising from the grave, and the Bible does not even support such a belief.
The Baha'i Faith has no doctrines but I agree with what Paul said below because it makes sense to me. I agree with what Paul said below because it makes sense to me.

I'm glad the words of Paul in 1st Corinthaians 14 makes sense to you, Tb.

Can you understand that I also believe portions of Scripture which makes sense to me?

You said that you don't call it a resurrection. What do you call it?

samtonga43

You keep claiming to know, but you refute that by demonstrating that you only have mere belief.

You appear to be very confused about epistemology (theory of knowledge). You continually speak of 'knowing' as though there were only one type of knowing. Do some research; I do believe that you would benefit from this knowledge (see what I did there?) :boom:

Some Christian philosophers think that Christians can know that Christianity is true in the basic (i.e.,immediate, non-inferential) way by means of "the self-authenticating witness of the Holy Spirit". (W.L Craig and Plantinga for example)

Riders

The second coming of the same man Jesus is completely refuted in the New Testament, yet Christians continue to believe in it, year after year, decade after decade. It takes a Baha'i who does not even know the Bible very well to point this out, post after post. :rolleyes:
Yet not one Christian can explain why Jesus said these things if He is "coming back."
It is all psychological. They want Jesus and just cannot face the reality that Jesus is not coming back.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

That's all good its interesting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You appear to be very confused about epistemology (theory of knowledge). You continually speak of 'knowing' as though there were only one type of knowing. Do some research; I do believe that you would benefit from this knowledge (see what I did there?) :boom:

Some Christian philosophers think that Christians can know that Christianity is true in the basic (i.e.,immediate, non-inferential) way by means of "the self-authenticating witness of the Holy Spirit". (W.L Craig and Plantinga for example)
Sorry, buy you are merely trying to sneak your mere beliefs into the claim of knowledge. When a belief cannot be properly supported it is mere belief. Or do you agree with the person that I was debating with who "knows" that Noah lived 450 million years ago?

Don't assume that others have your flaws.

samtonga43

Sorry, buy you are merely trying to sneak your mere beliefs into the claim of knowledge. When a belief cannot be properly supported it is mere belief. Or do you agree with the person that I was debating with who "knows" that Noah lived 450 million years ago?

Don't assume that others have your flaws.

Get back to me when you learn more about epistemology, SZ.

I think you'll find that your mind will broaden somewhat.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Get back to me when you learn more about epistemology, SZ.

I think you'll find that your mind will broaden somewhat.
I know more than enough. Very possibly more than you do. I have no need to be dishonest with myself. Get back to me when you have a rational reason for your beliefs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm glad the words of Paul in 1st Corinthaians 14 makes sense to you, Tb.

Can you understand that I also believe portions of Scripture which makes sense to me?
Yes, and we will only believe what makes sense to us. But what makes sense to either of us is subject to change as we study it further or get new information. For example, there was a time when many Bible verses did not make sense to be after I studied them further they now make sense.
You said that you don't call it a resurrection. What do you call it?
I would call it passing from one world into another world, i.e., passing from the material world into the spiritual world.

421. When the body is no longer able to perform the bodily functions in the natural world that correspond to the spirit’s thoughts and affections, which the spirit has from the spiritual world, man is said to die. This takes place when the respiration of the lungs and the beatings of the heart cease. But the man does not die; he is merely separated from the bodily part that was of use to him in the world, while the man himself continues to live. It is said that the man himself continues to live since man is not a man because of his body but because of his spirit, for it is the spirit that thinks in man, and thought with affection is what constitutes man. Evidently, then, the death of man is merely his passing from one world into another. And this is why in the Word in its internal sense “death” signifies resurrection and continuation of life. Heaven and Hell, p. 351

I believe that when we die and are buried the soul leaves the body and ascends to the spiritual world and continues to live in a spiritual body.
What Paul said is no different from what my religion teaches:

They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. (1 Corinthians 15:44)

There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies. (1 Corinthians 15:40)

“The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 157

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

Last edited:

samtonga43

God will guide people who really want to know the Truth but God does not guide people who refuse to be guided because that would violate their free will. That is why there are still so many Christians. ;)

There you are, SeekingAllTruth!
Make sure you don't refuse to be guided.

samtonga43

Yes, and we will only believe what makes sense to us. But what makes sense to either of us is subject to change as we study it further or get new information. For example, there was a time when many Bible verses did nit make sense to be after I studied them further they now make sense.

Great! Keep studying. You will find that more and more makes sense if you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There you are, SeekingAllTruth!
Make sure you don't refuse to be guided.
No, I never would, and I was guided to Jesus and the Bible through Baha'u'llah.
I knew nothing about Jesus and I never read even one page of the Bible before I became a Baha'i. ;)

samtonga43

I know more than enough. Very possibly more than you do. I have no need to be dishonest with myself. Get back to me when you have a rational reason for your beliefs.

It's pretty obvious that you don't know much about epistemology because it appears that you recognize only one kind of knowledge. That's just silly.

samtonga43

No, I never would, and I was guided to Jesus and the Bible through Baha'u'llah.
I knew nothing about Jesus and I never read even one page of the Bible before I became a Baha'i. ;)

But I wasn't addressing you, Tb.

However, I am very glad that becoming a Baha'i brought you to Jesus.