• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ was born on 05-23

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Who in the #ell is Ama?????
Could you lay a foundation for your opinions?
You know what is said about opinions.
They are like butt holes. Everyone has one.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Researchers believe the Roman Catholic Church settled on Dec. 25 for many reasons, such as that date's ties to the winter solstice and Saturnalia, a festival dedicated to the Roman deity Saturn. By choosing this day to celebrate Jesus' birthday, the church could co-opt the popular pagan festival, as well as the winter celebrations of other pagan religions.

But nobody really knows exactly when Jesus was born.

Christs date of birth as accepted by most of the Christian world is just another
LIE promulgated by the early catholic (later Catholic) church to combine what we
call pagan customs with the Church to more easily convert pagans to
Christianity.
Pagans often worshiped idols so the Church found that substituting idols
of Christ made it easier to convert the "pagans".
And many more lies that most of the Christian world follows today in ignorance.

peacecrusader888

Well,
there are various views on when Jesus was born.

But just for fun - let's just assume that 1 AD followed 1 BC, and :
  • Jesus was born on December 25, 1 AD.
Sounds fair.
But that would mean that January 1st, 1 AD to December 24, 1 AD - almost a whole year - was all BEFORE Christ.

Perhaps it would be best to say that 1 AD actually started the January 1st that was a week after the birth of Christ.
Which would mean :
  • Jesus was born on December 25, 1 BC (a week before AD started)
Still not quite right.

Maybe it's best to say that 1 BC and 1 AD were combined into one year :
  • January 1st, 1 BC up to December 24th, 1 BC (most of a year) = 1 BC
  • (Jesus born December 25, 1 AD)
  • December 25, 1 AD up to December 31st (about a week) = 1 AD
Which would mean 1 AD was a week long.
And that TWO years would be missing from the calendar as a number-line.

There is no correct answer of course.

Kapyong

The Catholic Church says that Jesus Christ was born on 12-25. And in 1 AD. So years after the birth of Jesus are ADs (anno Domini in the year of our Lord). And years before His birth including the year of His birth have BC attached (Before Christ). During the time of Jesus, there is no zeroth year. Hence, BC immediately follows AD. We know now that there should be year zero, so BCE is Before the Christian Era instead of BC. If after His birth, then it is not shown anymore. It is assumed to be AD.

peacecrusader888

Who in the #ell is Ama?????
Could you lay a foundation for your opinions?
You know what is said about opinions.
They are like butt holes. Everyone has one.

Most, if not all, of the listeners (plural) of Ama believe that He is Jesus Christ. I doubted that He was Jesus Christ from 1983 to 1994. You may read my aboutface in 1994 in "From doubt to belief". Then five years later, in 1999, I doubted Him again. I said to myself that if His revelations of Jesus being born on 05-23 and His death on 08-17 were wrong, then I would renounce my faith in Him. By 2006, I have proved that both are correct. As 2 Corinthians 4:13 says, "I believed, and therefore have I spoken".

peacecrusader888

I will relate how I came to the conclusion that the revelation of the spirit of Ama that Jesus was born on 05-23 is correct. I did not get the date from thin air. I just checked if the revelation is correct. Mainly using the Holy Bible, I have proved Him correct. If there is something amiss, please say so.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I will relate how I came to the conclusion that the revelation of the spirit of Ama that Jesus was born on 05-23 is correct. I did not get the date from thin air. I just checked if the revelation is correct. Mainly using the Holy Bible, I have proved Him correct. If there is something amiss, please say so.

We, Shia Muslims have a Hadith saying that Jesus was born in the middle of June, not far a way from what you said :)

Allamah Muhammad Baqir al-Majlissi (rah) narrated in his blessed work of Bihar al-Anwar that it was said to him [i.e Imam al-Sadiq] that the Nasarah [i.e Christian] say that the night of the birth [of Issah Ibn Mariam] was on December 24

So he (as) said: “They have lied, because he was [born] in the middle of June and the night and day are equal in the half of March.”

وقيل له: إن النصارى يقولون: إن ليلة الميلاد في أربعة وعشرين من كانون فقال: كذبوا، بل في النصف من حزيران ويستوي الليل والنهار في النصف
من أزار .

Source : Tuhaf Ul Uqoul, Short maxims of Imam Sadiq (as), 154.

Last edited:

peacecrusader888

We, Shia Muslims have a Hadith saying that Jesus was born in the middle of June, not far a way from what you said :)

Allamah Muhammad Baqir al-Majlissi (rah) narrated in his blessed work of Bihar al-Anwar that it was said to him [i.e Imam al-Sadiq] that the Nasarah [i.e Christian] say that the night of the birth [of Issah Ibn Mariam] was on December 24

So he (as) said: “They have lied, because he was [born] in the middle of June and the night and day are equal in the half of March.”

this and had become a thing of nought, forgotten!وقيل له: إن النصارى يقولون: إن ليلة الميلاد في أربعة وعشرين من كانون فقال: كذبوا، بل في النصف من حزيران ويستوي الليل والنهار في النصف
من أزار .

Source : Tuhaf Ul Uqoul, Short maxims of Imam Sadiq (as), 154.

I thought the Muslims believe in the Qur'an rather than the Hadith.

The Qur'an says in Surah 19 Aya 22-25:
22. And she conceived him, and withdrew with him to a far place.
23. And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten!
24. Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee.
25. And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee.

Dates become ripe in the Jewish months of Av and Tishri, sometime August and September. How come that the Qur'an says that Mary gave birth to Jesus when the dates are ripe, whereas the Hadith says middle of June. The spirit of Ama says 05-23. Very specific date. And I have proved that the date is correct.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I thought the Muslims believe in the Qur'an rather than the Hadith.

The Qur'an says in Surah 19 Aya 22-25:
22. And she conceived him, and withdrew with him to a far place.
23. And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten!
24. Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee.
25. And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee.

Dates become ripe in the Jewish months of Av and Tishri, sometime August and September. How come that the Qur'an says that Mary gave birth to Jesus when the dates are ripe, whereas the Hadith says middle of June. The spirit of Ama says 05-23. Very specific date. And I have proved that the date is correct.

Muslims believe in Both the Quran and the Hadith...

As of the Quranic verse:
1. I live in a Dates-producing country, and i can say that you are wrong in what you said about the harvest season of Dates.

2. Even if we assume that you are right, the Quran is probably talking about a miracle, as it said: "And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee", while normally ripe dates don't fall by shaking the trunk of the palm-tree.

peacecrusader888

Muslims believe in Both the Quran and the Hadith...

As of the Quranic verse:
1. I live in a Dates-producing country, and i can say that you are wrong in what you said about the harvest season of Dates.

2. Even if we assume that you are right, the Quran is probably talking about a miracle, as it said: "And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee", while normally ripe dates don't fall by shaking the trunk of the palm-tree.

The Qur'an and the Hadith are in conflict. Which is to be believed?

peacecrusader888

The Annunciation

From what the spirit of Ama said, Jesus Christ was born on 05-23. Not on 12-25. I have proved 05-23, using mainly the Holy Bible, is correct.

Using the Pregnancy Calculator, and entering her last menstrual period (LMP) as 15/08/2016 (leap year), we calculate the estimated due date (EDD) as 23/05/2017. But 08-15 in 34 BC was not a Sabbath day, a Saturday. It was a Tuesday. It says on page 16 of Pasiong Mahal that Mary was in the oratory when the messenger archangel Gabriel came. Ama told us to read Pasiong Mahal also because He said that it was taken from the Holy Bible. Oratory in the World Book Dictionary defines it as "a small chapel; room set apart for prayer". Mary was praying to God. That may mean that it was Sabbath. So the date when Gabriel came was 34 BC 08-19 or 3727 Av 27. I used calendar converters (http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/calendar/ or http://www.midrash.org/calendar/ ).

The archangel's first greeting was troubling and she was not able to respond and thought about it (Luke 1:28-29). The archangel said not to fear (Luke 1:30). When she heard the second greeting, she responded immediately (Luke 1:23-38; Pasiong Mahal, page 17).

peacecrusader888

Congratulations. Now about changing the date of Christmas ..

That is just the first part. You have to know also the other parts. If you find anything that is amiss, please say so.

The changing from 12-25 to 05-23 will be a little while later. I have sifted through the Christmas songs and I will tell you that most will be transferred to 05-23 and some, like Jingle Bells, Rudolf the Red Nose, and Sleigh Ride, will be retained at the year-end holiday called New Year Holiday or World Peace Holiday. I suggest that the 05-23 birth of Jesus be called Nativity Day instead of Christmas Day. No Santa Claus. Only Jesus.

peacecrusader888

Visit of Mary to Elisabeth

After a few days (Pasiong Mahal, page 18), Mary thought of visiting her first cousin Elisabeth, who was six months pregnant, in the hill country of Judah (Luke 1:39). Joseph and Mary stayed at Nazareth for the high Sabbath of 3727 Elul 1 or 34 BC 08-23, a Wednesday.

After the high day Sabbath, they left Nazareth the following day for Judah. After walking for two days, they reached Jerusalem. They stayed at Cleopas and Mary's place, her sister. Mary was from Jerusalem. They stayed that Saturday for the regular weekly Sabbath. That Sunday, they visited friends and relatives.

On Monday, 3727 Elul 6 or 34 BC 08-28, they resumed their walk, passed by Bethlehem, about 10km south of Jerusalem, and reached the home of the elderly Zechariah and Elisabeth, parents of John the Baptist, in Ein Karem, a part of Hebron. "Ein" means "spring" and "Karem" means "vineyard". Hebron is about 30km south of Jerusalem. The place was mentioned in the Jerusalem calendar (dated
before AD 638) as the place of a festival on 08-28 in memory of Elisabeth meeting her cousin Mary.

Here is the schedule of activities:
Saturday - 34 BC 08-19 - 3727 Av 27 - regular weekly Sabbath; visit of archangel Gabriel to Mary
Sunday - 34 BC 08-20 - 3727 Av 28
Monday - 34 BC 08-21 - 3737 Av 29
Tuesday - 34 BC 08-22 - 3727 Av 30
Wednesday - 34 BC 08-23 - 3727 Elul 1 - New Moon Festival, a high day Sabbath
Thursday - 34 BC 08-24 - 3727 Elul 2 - left Nazareth for Judah
Friday - 34 BC 08-25 - 3727 Elul 3 - arrived at Jerusalem
Saturday - 34 BC 08-26 - 3727 Elul 4 - regular weekly Sabbath
Sunday - 34 BC 08-27 - 3727 Elul 5 - visited friends and relatives
Monday - 34 BC 08-28 - 3727 Elul 6 - resumed walk, reached destination

Last edited:

peacecrusader888

This is great. Just one question. How did you find date of (LMP) for Mary? Is it in Bible or other book?

No, it is not in the Holy Bible or in Pasiong Mahal.

If Jesus was born on 05-23, Mary's Last Menstrual Period (LMP) was 08-15. This can be calculated using http;//www.pregnancycalculator.co.nz/ . In 34 BC, 08-15 was a Tuesday. And any woman is considered unclean if she has menstruation. (to be continued)