• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ was born on 05-23

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Other than keeping a calendar what difference does it make what
the date of Jesus' birth is?
Just askin'.
Recall that the ancient Jews NEVER celebrated the date of anyone's birth.
Jesus was a Jew thus b-days meant NOTHING to Him.
So what's the fuss over a b-day that Jesus would not have paid any
attention too?
Anyone with even a basic knowledge of Christian history knows this
b-day of Jesus is an invention of the early church.
Now known as the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
It's a scam and always was.
Now it's a tradition and that's all x-mass is.
Many Christian religious organizations don't recognize X-mass as
a Christian holiday but celebrate it as a National holiday complete with
all the PAGAN symbols common in every X-mass celebration.
Cheesh this is all so basic.

peacecrusader888

Other than keeping a calendar what difference does it make what
the date of Jesus' birth is?
Just askin'.
Recall that the ancient Jews NEVER celebrated the date of anyone's birth.
Jesus was a Jew thus b-days meant NOTHING to Him.
So what's the fuss over a b-day that Jesus would not have paid any
attention too?
Anyone with even a basic knowledge of Christian history knows this
b-day of Jesus is an invention of the early church.
Now known as the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
It's a scam and always was.
Now it's a tradition and that's all x-mass is.
Many Christian religious organizations don't recognize X-mass as
a Christian holiday but celebrate it as a National holiday complete with
all the PAGAN symbols common in every X-mass celebration.
Cheesh this is all so basic.

Thank you for raising your question. I will be finishing the Birth of Jesus series on Wednesday. What are left are:
20. Funeral of King Herod the Great
21. Passover Festival
22. Return from Egypt

I thought that I will be finishing the series without any questions asked.

With regards to "the ancient Jews NEVER celebrated the date of anyone's birth", I wish to cite from the New Testament Matthew 14:6 and Mark 6:21 regarding the birthday celebration of King Herod and the decapitation of John the Baptist. Jesus may never have celebrated his birthday, but chapters 1 and 2 of both Matthew and Luke relate to His birth. Knowing when He was born will settle who is telling the truth for no one has solved previously His birth date and crucifixion date.

Do you know why there are two popes in the Vatican now? I thought a pope has to serve the papacy until he dies. But we have Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis. Pope Benedict XVI published the third book, "Jesus of Nazareth: the Infancy Narrative" in 2012 November. Three months later, on 2013-02-28, he was out of the papacy. Why?

The Western Churches (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) and the Eastern Orthodox Churches will be united in celebrating the birth of Jesus in May using the same calendar and His crucifixion in August.

peacecrusader888

Who the heck is Ama?

Who is Ama? Ama is a spirit, a holy spirit, and if you will believe it, THE Holy Spirit. Most, if not all, of His listeners, believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. We (plural) can not see Him or touch Him, but we can hear Him. We record on audio tape our conversations with Him which we call Sessions.

The word "ama" in the Philippine language means "father". When capitalized, that is, "Ama", it refers to "God the Father". We call Him Ama and He calls us His children.

I first heard Him in 1983 when I first went to the Session Hall. I doubted that He is Jesus Christ for eleven years (1983-1994). You may read my aboutface in 1994 titled "From doubt to belief". He said that Jesus Christ was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17.

In 1999, five years after I believed, I doubted Him again. I said to myself that if His revelation of the birth and crucifixion of Jesus were wrong, I would renounce my belief and declare Him to be fraud. By 2006, after an extensive studies, I have proved that both of them are correct. That is why, as 2 Corinthians 4:13 states, "I believed, and therefore have I spoken".

peacecrusader888

20. Funeral of King Herod the Great

Salome and Alexas, before announcing the death of King Herod the Great publicly, dismissed the illustrious men of the Jewish nation who were shut up in the Hippodrome (Antiquities, Book XVII, Chapter 8, Section 2).

The funeral procession for King Herod the Great was described by the first century AD historian Flavius Josephus in Antiquities, Book XVII, Chapter 8, Section 3. Archelaus succeeded his father King Herod. He took care of his funeral. Herod commanded that he be buried at Herodium which was only eight furlongs (one mile or 1.6 km) away from the Royal Palace in Jericho.

Josephus also mentioned the traditional mourning of seven days in Section 4, as follows: "Now Archelaus paid him so much respect, as to continue his mourning till the seventh day; for so many days are appointed for it by the law of our fathers." This means to say that the seven-day mourning was completed before the Passover Festival commenced. This also means that during the birth of Jesus, the Passover Festival was in summer and not in spring.

peacecrusader888

21. Passover Festival

Passover is held on the 14th day, and the Feast of Unleavened Bread, from the 15th day to the 21st, of the first month of the religious purely lunar calendar. Together, they are called the Passover Festival or Pesach as the Jews call it. When Jesus was born in 33 BC, the Festival was held from 07-25 to 08-01. This Festival is an important annual event that Jewish men are required to attend and come to Jerusalem (Deuteronomy 16:16).

Archelaus who just took over the reign as king (though Caesar has not confirmed it yet) killed 3,000 pilgrims during this Festival. The pilgrims were bewailing the death of the Rabbins Judas and Matthias and their companions who Archelaus' father, the late King Herod the Great, ordered their execution four months earlier (Antiquities, Book XVII, Chapter 9, Section 3).

Please note that the Passover Festival was held in summer when Jesus was born and not in spring. The Jews reformed their calendars in 358 AD to what it is today. It was the Christians who first fixed Passover in spring at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.

peacecrusader888

22. Return from Egypt

The Holy Family fled to Egypt on 33 BC 07-03. Their return to Israel is told in Matthew 2:19-23.

An angel of the LORD appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt telling him to take the young child and His mother back to Israel. The spirit of Ama said that He was three years old then. The Holy Family returned to the city of Nazareth where Jesus grew up, that is why Jesus was called a Nazarene.

Archelaus succeeded his father, King Herod the Great, when he died. He reigned in Judea, Samaria, and Idumea as Ethnarch for ten years.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The actual date of his birth is lost in the mists of time and we will never know it accurately.
what is important is that we celebrate it still on the day we choose.
It does not matter at all that the events of his life and death are not celebrated by every church on identical days.

peacecrusader888

The following are the notable findings of the study conducted from 2004 to 2006, including revelations of the spirit of Ama and exposition from the ”Awit at Salaysay ng Pasiong Mahal ni Hesukristong Panginoon Natin” (Song and Narration of the Holy Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ), or “Pasiong Mahal" (The Holy Passion):

1. Jesus Christ was not born on 12-25 but on 05-23.
2. Jesus was not born in winter but in spring.
3. Jesus was not born in 1 BC but in 33 BC.
4. The lunar eclipse that Josephus mentioned in Antiquities, Book XVII, Chapter 6, Section 4; and Wars, Book 1, Chapter 33, Section 4 happened on 33 BC 03-29, equivalent to 3728 Nisan 15.
5. It took Joseph and Mary four days to travel from Nazareth to Bethlehem, some eight km south of Jerusalem.
6. When they arrived in Bethlehem, no one took them in because they were poor even though Joseph was from the lineage of King David, and Mary was in her final stage of pregnancy.
7. Jesus was born in a cave used as shed for farm animals in Bethlehem at 1:50am.
8. The bright star shone when Jesus was born that called the attention of the three kings who hurriedly followed it.
9. Since there was abundant grass on the field, the cave was empty of animals. The farm animals were being pastured out and looked after by their shepherds.
10. As devout Jewish parents, Joseph and Mary had Jesus circumcised and named Jesus on his eighth day, 33 BC 05-30.

(part 1 of 2)

peacecrusader888

The actual date of his birth is lost in the mists of time and we will never know it accurately.
what is important is that we celebrate it still on the day we choose.
It does not matter at all that the events of his life and death are not celebrated by every church on identical days.

"The actual date of his (sic) birth" may be "lost in the mists (sic) of time and we will never know it accurately." The Holy Bible tells us implicitly when He was born.

How about the 05-23 date revealed by the spirit of Ama? It was proved that He is correct. Can we celebrate it as revealed by Ama? Jesus was 32 solar years old when He died, and not 33, and it was in 33 BC when He was born and not in 1 BC.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
"The actual date of his (sic) birth" may be "lost in the mists (sic) of time and we will never know it accurately." The Holy Bible tells us implicitly when He was born.

How about the 05-23 date revealed by the spirit of Ama? It was proved that He is correct. Can we celebrate it as revealed by Ama? Jesus was 32 solar years old when He died, and not 33, and it was in 33 BC when He was born and not in 1 BC.

As good a story as any other.
however it does not "prove" the date, nor is it in anywy important to do so.

peacecrusader888

As good a story as any other.
however it does not "prove" the date, nor is it in anywy important to do so.

The difference with this story from others is that the date when Jesus was born was revealed by the spirit of Ama. I did not get the date from thin air. I just checked if it is correct. Actually, when I started my studies in 1999, I said to myself that if the revelations were wrong, I would renounce my belief in Him and declare Him a fraud. By 2006, after extensive studies, I have proved that both the crucifixion and birth of Jesus were correct.

I just checked if it is correct. I did not get the date from thin air. I just checked if it is correct.

peacecrusader888

(part 2 of 2)

11. The Three Kings were really kings from three kingdoms in the east of Jerusalem, namely, Persia, Arabia and Saba (maybe Sheba). Their names were Melchor, Gaspar and Balthazar.
12. The Three Kings just met on the way to Jerusalem.
13. They dropped in at King Herod’s palace in Jerusalem to give respect to him and to invite him in their search for the newborn King of the Jews. King Herod declined the invitation but asked the Three Kings to report back to him when they find him so that he, too, could worship Him.
14. The Three Kings arrived on 33 BC 06-06 at the place where Jesus was, fourteen days or two weeks (not two years) after He was born. They knelt down and laid down their scepters and crowns at the feet of Jesus.
15. King Balthazar gave gold because Jesus is truly king and owner and holder of gold and the whole world. King Melchor gave bitter myrrh because He will truly save mankind from sins. King Gaspar gave frankincense because He is true God, merciful and graceful to prayerful people.
16. In their sleep, the angel of the Lord told the Three Kings not to see King Herod anymore and take a different route of their way home.
17. The Holy Family stayed in Bethlehem until Mary’s purification rite and Jesus’ presentation in the temple at Jerusalem on the 41st day. This happened on 33 BC 07-02. After the rites, they headed for home to Nazareth. During their first night of travel, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph who told him to take refuge in Egypt. That night was their plight to Egypt.
18. King Herod ordered the arrest of the Three Kings or bring over the Christ child on 33 BC 07-03. Failing to find the three kings or Jesus, King Herod ordered his soldiers on 33 BC 07-04 to slaughter the innocent children from newly born to three years of age.
19. King Herod died on 33 BC 07-13 or 3728 Av 2.
20. The Passover Festival was held from 33 BC 07-25 to 08-01 or 3728 Av 14-21 when Jesus was born.

Although the Holy Bible does not tell us to celebrate the birth of Jesus, it does not tell us not to either. We have to rejoice in His birth because the promised Messiah in the Old Testament has been born to save mankind from sin.

Please save this post for your reference.