• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus as mediator

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You would have to believe though, and that is God given, not just the words of man. Did Hitler repent of his past sin? I doubt it.

The Hitlers , rapists, child molesters, murderers, etc., of the world, - repentance or not, - do not deserve forgiveness, or any heaven like afterlife.

Such would be a travesty, and a slap in the face, to the people they raped, molested, and murdered.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Hitlers , rapists, child molesters, murderers, etc., of the world, - repentance or not, - do not deserve forgiveness, or any heaven like afterlife.

Such would be a travesty, and a slap in the face, to the people they raped, molested, and murdered.

Sin does not deserve forgiveness. Are you sure you want to go with that judgement? Have you never sinned?

Or maybe you mean only some sins deserve no forgiveness. Do you know that there are victims of sin who forgive the sinner?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you think someone who would forgive a person for a crime against her is unrighteous for doing so?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Do you think someone who would forgive a person for a crime against her is unrighteous for doing so?

Obviously not. It is good to forgive, as it lightens your load.

However, her forgiving them does not negate the crime THEY committed, nor should they be rewarded after committing a major crime.

I do not believe the Bible is telling people to do this either.

Simple problems between people - sure forgive them.

Major crimes - Tanakh says KILL them.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does Tanakh also say kill a person for a minor crime like picking up wood or eating quail?

What about sex with an underage girl in an arranged marriage?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn’t it true the mediator between God and the Jews is Jewish scripture?
I think they view scripture and the world as an expression of God, and they are mediators. (Exodus 19:16) The mediation is referred to as 'Worship' in our English translated Bibles. Pauline letters including Hebrews tend to extend this mediation duty to Christians. Jesus in the gospels alludes to it, particularly in the story of himself at a well talking with a nameless Samaritan woman where he talks about 'True worshipers'.

I think there is this idea going on that 'We Christians' are mediating for each other now. We are to pray for each other and do all the things that a mediator does.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Does Tanakh also say kill a person for a minor crime like picking up wood or eating quail?

What about sex with an underage girl in an arranged marriage?

I think you missed this sentence -

"Simple problems between people - sure forgive them."

I was purposely putting attention to differences between major crimes, and minor crimes and faux pas.

In other words - forgive for fights, mad words, stealing, and the like, - but not for murder, rape, molestation of children, etc.

If they are picking up wood on the Sabbath - yes - it says KILL them. That was their law.

Sex in an arranged marriage is predicated on the laws of the country. I personally think giving away little girls to be married/raped, is a crime.

Faybull

Cute! Exactly? How does a person do that do you think?

God is A Spirit. The Spirit is Holy Holy Holy. Do you know any people like that? I don't. I suppose even Jesus needed mediation to enter the place of The Most High. His mediation was law. My mediaiton is him.

The messenger tells you how to do it. Do good. If you love to the Father, you will do my works.

Do you understand why someone has to come to bring the message into remembrance? I mean, if it is written down for anyone to read? So, why exactly did the messenger say someone is coming that will bring his words into remembrance, if all the words are there already?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are no simple problems regarding sin.
The messenger tells you how to do it. Do good. If you love to the Father, you will do my works.

Do you understand why someone has to come to bring the message into remembrance? I mean, if it is written down for anyone to read? So, why exactly did the messenger say someone is coming that will bring his words into remembrance, if all the words are there already?
I want to know what all that means please. What are you saying?

Your post seems better placed in the thread about the Bible having no mistakes in it.

I don't think words is what gets a person an audience with The Most High.

Faybull

There are no simple problems regarding sin.

I want to know what all that means please. What are you saying?

Your post seems better placed in the thread about the Bible having no mistakes in it.

I don't think words is what gets a person an audience with The Most High.

The latter was toward the mediation.
I am asking if you perhaps understand what it means, that someone was going to come and bring the message into remembrance.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The latter was toward the mediation.
I am asking if you perhaps understand what it means, that someone was going to come and bring the message into remembrance.
Am I to understand someone was to come after Jesus to bring the message into rememberance? After Jesus' leaving God sent a helper who is spirit to everyone asking in faith to draw close to God. God's son made it possible. Jesus is the means but the spirit, the helper, is the way. The helper is not mediating. There is just one mediator for everyone, but not everyone as a group. Each person must ask for it and act on it. For me it was baptism. Being part of a group does nothing to save a person. Salvation comes from Heaven.

roger1440

I do stuff
"Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah." (Matthew 23:10)​
What do you think that verse means?

Faybull

"Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah." (Matthew 23:10)​
What do you think that verse means?
Hypocrisy?
Accordingly, to the context of the previous verse, "Honor thy mother and thy father"... is being nullified, or "Father" represents what exactly? Clearly Paul calls himself "teacher" or "a teacher" in several verses. So does this "Teacher" here represent something else as in the previous verse?

Faybull

Hypocrisy?
Accordingly, to the context of the previous verse, "Honor thy mother and thy father"... is being nullified, or "Father" represents what exactly? Clearly Paul calls himself "teacher" or "a teacher" in several verses. So does this "Teacher" here represent something else as in the previous verse?
Also, in John 14....verse 26:
"But the Comforter,[which is] the Holy Ghost,whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Faybull

So clearly, someone other than "Jesus" comes as a teacher of "all things".
And so, does that make someone other than "Jesus", the mediator? Isn't the term "Comforter" here meaning an intercessor? Is mediation and intercession different?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
]
So clearly, someone other than "Jesus" comes as a teacher of "all things".

Not clear! The comforter shall "teach" which has an obscure meaning (on your link) means "learn". what does the scripture say? It says "everything CHRIST" did say. Look up the word say! Heaven! Heaven teaches the truth. How many heavens are there? I think there is one. One teacher. Of course we all can't be taught by heaven alone. We can't see it. I mean we can't see all of it. The helper comes in the form of a comforter so that we might want to see it. But the comforter does not teach anything heaven doesn't say.

So the comforter is he who makes it possible TO learn but never teaches what to learn.