• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witness cartoon suggests to Children that magic-themed toys make Jehovah 'sad'

kjw47

It has been taught by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a spiritual paradise.

But, now, with the knowledge that there have been serious instances of the mishandling of children of the organization we know that it really isn't a paradise. But, I understand it is what Jehovah's Witnesses are aiming for and that is OK imo.

Now, you have been asked many times on this forum and I am sure that on the internet all these years JWs have been asked why the governing body does not publically edit their errors. Do you understand?

I do not know if the Watchtower still publishes that YOU are a spiritual paradise. It isn't one for the families that have suffered serious offenses against the law. That is 100% fact.

So, my point. To actually correct that error, it is NOT enough to just stop teaching it. The reason why is because it is written and anyone reading it might believe that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a safe haven. Safe. Right? It isn't.

Now, the job of the governing body is to repeal that rule so that mothers and fathers can keep a watch over their children and NOT trust that The Holy Spirit is doing it.

What I am saying is that instead of just changing a teaching or not teaching it anymore the governing body must learn how to register the change. It isn't hard to do! Why don't they do it? I know why. Do you?

In every walk of life families suffer injustice. Satans #1 job--attack Jesus seed. He has the rest already. So yes errors and bad things get in--It occurred all through the bible as well. Mortals are imperfect-- not all who try to stand make it--they fall--have you ever fallen? Many fall. The important thing to do is correct your error if you do so you can stand back up.

kjw47

I am trying to figure you out @kjw47 and this is what I have come up with.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the World in its entirety will be destroyed because It will not be corrected. I think that is an extreme view, but reasonable.

So, you seem to have turned that on its side and have come to the conclusion that being corrected means that you won't be destroyed. I don't think that is reasonable. Why? It is because people make corrections all the time, but because a person is corrected for something does not mean he or she will be corrected the next time correction is called for.

1Cor 6:9-11--Galations 5:19-21 added with false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth.
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day((99% mislead) he said--the world took no note. They do not correct( repent)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In every walk of life families suffer injustice. Satans #1 job--attack Jesus seed. He has the rest already. So yes errors and bad things get in--It occurred all through the bible as well. Mortals are imperfect-- not all who try to stand make it--they fall--have you ever fallen? Many fall. The important thing to do is correct your error if you do so you can stand back up.
I understand that. But to call it a Spiritual Paradise when it isn't is a lie.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1Cor 6:9-11--Galations 5:19-21 added with false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons= 99% on earth.
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day((99% mislead) he said--the world took no note. They do not correct( repent)
I am sure I am saying that the governing body who you revere and obey is also not repenting of things they should.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Please, notice that it is not written "person" or "man" but plain evil.

13 while God judges those outside?+ “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”+

The word person is an add-on or leaven.

Most Bible translations disagree with you. Must be a lot of leaven out there.....

ESV..."But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

ASV..."but as it is, I wrote unto you not to keep company, if any man that is named a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one no, not to eat. 12 For what have I to do with judging them that are without? Do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Put away the wicked man from among yourselves."

NASB..."But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves."

HCSB..."But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer who is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or verbally abusive, a drunkard or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person. 12 For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders? Don’t you judge those who are inside? 13 But God judges outsiders. Put away the evil person from among yourselves."

NIV...."But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Guess its hard to remove "evil" unless you remove the one committing it.... :rolleyes:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Most Bible translations disagree with you.
All bible translations that you gave are done by Christian groups who you all notoriously consider "non-Christian" to your standards. That, and those translations trace back to the biggest villain of them all; the Roman Catholic Church, of whom I've heard many JW's flat-out call Pagan.

One must wonder why you use them...

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But, seriously, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jehovah guards the words of the Bible. Jehovah does not guard Jehovah's Witness children but actually does standby words. The words are more important, don't you know? (in their opinion)

kjw47

How can I celebrate a birthday for an eternal being and why would one need any? We celebrate the finite beings because we don't always have them.

Jesus never accepted credit for what he did. His birth was not celebrated while on earth Jesus pointed and gave all credit for all things to the creator-YHWH(Jehovah)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The spiritual paradise is within. Not in a building.
Listen. You call your group a spiritual paradise. So, when you all get together inside or outside you believe the air between you guys is Holy Spirit. Am I wrong?

I agree with you that the paradise of God is inside a person by the presence of Jesus Christ. That is NOT what the governing body teaches.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
All bible translations that you gave are done by Christian groups who you all notoriously consider "non-Christian" to your standards. That, and those translations trace back to the biggest villain of them all; the Roman Catholic Church, of whom I've heard many JW's flat-out call Pagan.

One must wonder why you use them...

Oh good grief! I alway have to smile at the reasoning......I used the other translations to prove that it wasn't just a NWT 'addition' as was suggested......:facepalm: