• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witness cartoon suggests to Children that magic-themed toys make Jehovah 'sad'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am trying to figure you out @kjw47 and this is what I have come up with.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the World in its entirety will be destroyed because It will not be corrected. I think that is an extreme view, but reasonable.

So, you seem to have turned that on its side and have come to the conclusion that being corrected means that you won't be destroyed. I don't think that is reasonable. Why? It is because people make corrections all the time, but because a person is corrected for something does not mean he or she will be corrected the next time correction is called for.

shmogie

Saturday, the god saturn;s day, sunday, the venerable holy day of the sun. monday, in honor of the moon god. Tues. and wed., I forget specifics, something to do with norse gods, thursday, thor's day, friday, forgotten as well. I used to know them all, I'm old now and too lazy to look them up. The point is made by you and I, I think though

shmogie

It has been taught by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a spiritual paradise.

But, now, with the knowledge that there have been serious instances of the mishandling of children of the organization we know that it really isn't a paradise. But, I understand it is what Jehovah's Witnesses are aiming for and that is OK imo.

Now, you have been asked many times on this forum and I am sure that on the internet all these years JWs have been asked why the governing body does not publically edit their errors. Do you understand?

I do not know if the Watchtower still publishes that YOU are a spiritual paradise. It isn't one for the families that have suffered serious offenses against the law. That is 100% fact.

So, my point. To actually correct that error, it is NOT enough to just stop teaching it. The reason why is because it is written and anyone reading it might believe that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a safe haven. Safe. Right? It isn't.

Now, the job of the governing body is to repeal that rule so that mothers and fathers can keep a watch over their children and NOT trust that The Holy Spirit is doing it.

What I am saying is that instead of just changing a teaching or not teaching it anymore the governing body must learn how to register the change. It isn't hard to do! Why don't they do it? I know why. Do you?
Jw's are like all the rest of us, fallen sinners. Their organization is like any church in this regard. Christian teachings vastly improve the uprightness of the believer, but to pretend that a denomination eliminates the struggling within the believer between good and bad is nonsense. There are always wolves in sheeps clothing who feed on the other sheep. Heck, I knew of an anointed member of the 144,000 some years ago who periodically beat the tar out of his wife. Admit you are like everyone else, no matter how much it hurts, work on the problems and stop fooling yourselves that you are different in this regard

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jw's are like all the rest of us, fallen sinners. Their organization is like any church in this regard. Christian teachings vastly improve the uprightness of the believer, but to pretend that a denomination eliminates the struggling within the believer between good and bad is nonsense. There are always wolves in sheeps clothing who feed on the other sheep. Heck, I knew of an anointed member of the 144,000 some years ago who periodically beat the tar out of his wife. Admit you are like everyone else, no matter how much it hurts, work on the problems and stop fooling yourselves that you are different in this regard
Are you talking to me? Or is "you" for everyone? LOL

Who doesn't admit they are like everyone else?

shmogie

It has been taught by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a spiritual paradise.

But, now, with the knowledge that there have been serious instances of the mishandling of children of the organization we know that it really isn't a paradise. But, I understand it is what Jehovah's Witnesses are aiming for and that is OK imo.

Now, you have been asked many times on this forum and I am sure that on the internet all these years JWs have been asked why the governing body does not publically edit their errors. Do you understand?

I do not know if the Watchtower still publishes that YOU are a spiritual paradise. It isn't one for the families that have suffered serious offenses against the law. That is 100% fact.

So, my point. To actually correct that error, it is NOT enough to just stop teaching it. The reason why is because it is written and anyone reading it might believe that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a safe haven. Safe. Right? It isn't.

Now, the job of the governing body is to repeal that rule so that mothers and fathers can keep a watch over their children and NOT trust that The Holy Spirit is doing it.

What I am saying is that instead of just changing a teaching or not teaching it anymore the governing body must learn how to register the change. It isn't hard to do! Why don't they do it? I know why. Do you?
Does continually correcting error mean you are continually in error ? The fundamental beliefs for the Christian in the Bible have no errors.What's going on ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does continually correcting error mean you are continually in error ? The fundamental beliefs for the Christian in the Bible have no errors.What's going on ?
Say what? Have you not been listening to @kjw47? I don't blame you but holy ghost! I am talking about what he keeps saying. Should I tell you what it is?

shmogie

Are you talking to me? Or is "you" for everyone? LOL

Who doesn't admit they are like everyone else?
All inclusive you, meaning I am part of the you group. From my experience, many JW's in reference to their organization and members, i.e. the organization is composed of members who by the teachings and current light don't have the internal problems that other denominations do

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All inclusive you, meaning I am part of the you group. From my experience, many JW's in reference to their organization and members, i.e. the organization is composed of members who by the teachings and current light don't have the internal problems that other denominations do
I don't think it is true that they do not have internal problems that other denominations have. They are just skilled at keeping them quiet.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or, maybe you mean me? I don't think I do drive by. I think drive by means to post and then run. Or, is it something else?

shmogie

Or, maybe you mean me? I don't think I do drive by. I think drive by means to post and then run. Or, is it something else?
No, not you. Your posts are concise, factual and well reasoned. Drive by means you get off a few quick shots, and never stop in case you might get return fire.

shmogie

BTW I have two dear JW friends, they can't call me "Brother" but I see them that way, and call them that.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Saturday, the god saturn;s day, sunday, the venerable holy day of the sun. monday, in honor of the moon god. Tues. and wed., I forget specifics, something to do with norse gods, thursday, thor's day, friday, forgotten as well. I used to know them all, I'm old now and too lazy to look them up. The point is made by you and I, I think though
Tuesday - Tiwesdæg (Tyr, Norse god of single combat, victory, and justice)
Wednesday - Wōdnesdæg (Woden, Saxon name for Odin, Chieftain of the Norse gods)
Friday - Frīġedæġ (Frigga, wife of Odin)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Thank you again for your reasonableness shmogie. Of course there are wolves in sheep's clothing who have bad intentions in every human organisation. Who could say otherwise, and why would we have such warnings in the Bible if that was not the case? No one can fool God and he is the one who will expose these ones when it's the right time to do so.

Many years ago, I also knew an elder who lured an unhappily married woman in his congregation to have sex with him by pretending to care for her in a way that her husband didn't. When she confessed the sin under the burden of her conscience, he denied it and because of his position, he was believed and she wasn't. Nothing could be proven. She was devastated, but patiently waited for God to bring about justice. Sure enough, when this elder moved to another congregation, he targeted another woman in similar circumstances....this time he was caught red handed and kicked out. The women were victims of a sex addict who used his position to lure his victims into sin. There is no denial that these things can take place, but in our organisation strong discipline is taken and enforced. The perpetrator is made fully aware of the congregation's displeasure which is a reflection of God's displeasure.

Christian teaching should improve the conduct of all believers but in some cases a wicked heart will have its way. Premeditated actions are those schemed by a wicked heart and are not caused by a momentary lapse in judgment, from which repentance is possible. God knows how to expose those hardened by sin and they are no longer accepted as members of our congregations. In removing the leaven, we hope to stop bad influences from spreading to others. We make no apology for this.

As for our "spiritual paradise" that exists in the heart. The physical paradise is still to come and we pray...very soon, when both will mesh to become our reality. I can't wait.......

kjw47

My goodness KJW! The early church was SURROUNDED by pagans, worshiping this pagan god, in this pagan temple, with this pagan priest, under the auspices of a pagan government who were willing and ready to feed any Christian they could find to the lions. Did they commit suicide?

And here you are, unable to call Sunday the "1st day" of the week.

What a hardship!

Surely Jehovah would never expect such a thing. Lions? Sure, but a day of the week is simply way, way, way too much.:rolleyes:

Consistency, KJW! If you're going to apply it to the goose your gander will be waiting.

I know sunday is the first day of the week. So your information is in error.