• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its time for North Korean regime change.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm all for regime change.
So N Koreans, hop to it!
(It's your job...not ours.)
I agree, but part of me is like ... with a population that has been brainwashed by their leaders, wouldn't it be good to help them get rid of their current leader?

Maybe we should just let China replace Kim Jong Un with whoever they want as long as they get rid of N. Korea's nuclear weapons program.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I think the long term we need to have China especially realize that the situation in the DPRK threatens what China values highly: stability. China is in a position to do much much more than we can because China is propping them up.
It's because they don't want an adversary (a.k.a. U.S. friendly) neighbor to the south. We should probably just let China put whoever they want in power as long as they get rid of the nuclear weapons program.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree, but part of me is like ... with a population that has been brainwashed by their leaders, wouldn't it be good to help them get rid of their current leader?

Maybe we should just let China replace Kim Jong Un with whoever they want as long as they get rid of N. Korea's nuclear weapons program.
We don't have a good record at fixing broken countries.
The cost of getting rid of KJU isn't worth our cost.

esmith

Veteran Member
I mean, he thinks that nuclear weapons are an absolute necessity for him to stay in power. And, there is recent
evidence he is right.
Now I'm no saying I totally agree with the following article but they do make a valid point, then somewhat give a plausible reason it is probably incorrect; at this time anyway, however one must remember that Kim is only 33 or 34 and has probably in excess of 50 years to govern.
North Korea doesn't just want nuclear weapons for defense — it wants them to retake South Korea

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Now I'm no saying I totally agree with the following article but they do make a valid point, then somewhat give a plausible reason it is probably incorrect; at this time anyway, however one must remember that Kim is only 33 or 34 and has probably in excess of 50 years to govern.
North Korea doesn't just want nuclear weapons for defense — it wants them to retake South Korea
There is some logic in that article especially the estimation that he won't try it as long as he's weak. And dictatorships like that always have weaknesses - it's in the nature of suppressing the free exchange of ideas.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Yet another missile launched over Japan.

If our despot/tyrant friend Kimmy ding dong keeps this up, he's not going to be in charge of North Korea much longer.

North Korea’s Threat Pushes Japan to Reassess Its Might and Rights

What do you think the best course of action would be in dealing with North Korea?

Ideally Asia would take care of it's own problem here, but then ideally so would Europe have.. and the ME, so it's probably going to be up to us again, but perhaps president Trump can strike a better deal this time, and have us compensated for our services?

Laika

Premium Member
Drop loads of phones all over the country will good internet connections and lots of information in Korean. The only reason that regime is still standing is because the people live in deep ignorance and fear. The only information they get is the one the government wants them to have. They live in extreme poverty, with no access to different TV channels or freedom to use the internet. Educate the people and they'll change the regime themselves.
I'm not sure of prices but the phones are probably cheaper than bombs.

Someone actually suggested that and it got taken semi-seriously. :)

A former US Navy SEAL tweeted his solution to the North Korean crisis - and it just might work

Maybe we could just give Kim a free massage and facial at the nearest Unicorn Spa while we're at it.

or we could give him liposunction.

k2016030800153_6500.jpg

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What evidence?
Our toppling of Saddam Hussein, who clearly had the weakest military on the "Axis of Evil" hitlist from Bush. We ignored NK, after they made it known that they had a nuke program. And we're still attacking Iran.
Of course the NK regime wants credible nuclear weaponry. I would if I were them.
Tom

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If they used nukes on South Korea, they wouldn't be able to invade, and the nuclear winter would most likely harm the north as well. How could they use nuclear weapons on their neighboring nation?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
No it hasn't. It's getting clearer everyday that military actions going to be needed to deal with this man.
Seoul could be destroyed with conventional weapons in a day, so, unless we are willing to sacrifice millions of SK lives, I don't think military options exist.