• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Friday. What have you learnt this week?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
There's another forum where I sometimes go to talk about motorbikes and I saw this thread title there. I thought it might be interesting here on RF. Anyone learn anything interesting this week?

Nanda

Polyanna
I learned that in rural India, there's a vigilante group of women who use force and their sheer numbers to stop abusive and/or controlling husbands, rapists, and corrupt politicians.

J Bryson

I learned that my minister is not only supportive of my intention to become a minister myself, but that he is a font of information and constructive advice.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I learned that in rural India, there's a vigilante group of women who use force and their sheer numbers to stop abusive and/or controlling husbands, rapists, and corrupt politicians.
I Like that, we could do with some of them here :)

Enlighten

I've learned that even though I am off work for a few days, people still call me about work! I can't escape the place, LOL

Electrocuted.gif

OOh so many things, but what sticks out is this never put your ipod in your mouth while it's charging it, even just to hold it for a second​

blackout

Violet.
I learned this week that I finally have no desire left to "make" people 'see things' from my own point of view.
:shrug:

That has been a long time coming.

I also learned that I'm much happier living wheat, gluten and sugar free
than I was struggling to eat them in moderation.

I'm eating/ desiring to eat much less as well,
and feel better physically, at just over two weeks.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I learned (right here at RF) that lactose tolerance is becoming more and more common.

I learned that Pakistan's nuclear resources are in serious danger of being co-opted by terrorists. This did not make me happy.

I learned that there is a new all-electric scooter just now hitting the market, the Vectrix. Unfortunately I can't afford a new scooter right now.