• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It’s November 2020, and Trump was Re-elected.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A lot of independents don’t care. I’m one of them.
That is probably true. I never said that the independents were a monolithic voting bloc. This is an old poll, it could be stronger for impeachment, it could be weaker, but as of Oct 24 roughly 53 percent of independents were for impeachment and removal and 44 percent were against it. That means about 13% were like you. Right now the independents are making the Republicans very very nervouse:

A majority of independent voters now believe Donald Trump should be impeached, according to a new poll

Riders

Democrats will give Trump hell and eat him for lunch and will win House again and maybe even Senate. It would be really bad for Trump if he wins because I don't think hes gonna be happy being at war with Dems, but go ahead win id don't care. We will fight and who knows maybe we will end up in a cival war which I don't want. But some of the country will fight Trump and so will Dems so i really don't care.

We will continue to criticize be angry at and make fun of old stupid...........

Watchmen

Premium Member
That is probably true. I never said that the independents were a monolithic voting bloc. This is an old poll, it could be stronger for impeachment, it could be weaker, but as of Oct 24 roughly 53 percent of independents were for impeachment and removal and 44 percent were against it. That means about 13% were like you. Right now the independents are making the Republicans very very nervouse:

A majority of independent voters now believe Donald Trump should be impeached, according to a new poll
Independents continue to oppose impeachment and removal, even after the public hearings started. The Quid Pro Quo Show isn’t moving the needle.

New Polling Suggests Democrats’ Impeachment Push Could Alienate Key Voters

Now answer this question: How or why did Trump win?
If Trump wins it will be because of four key factors:

(1) The helpful backdrop of a good economy (e.g. low unemployment). Which I hasten to add, presidents deserve little to no credit for - whether it’s Trump or anyone else.

(2) A core 40% or so of voters who provide a hard “floor” to his polling numbers, who would, in Trump’s own (and in this case accurate) words, continue to support him even if he shot someone dead in the middle of 5th Avenue. I am very sorry to say that about 40% of this country has decided that as long as corruption and rampant lying is a weapon employed in their (perceived) favor, and as long as the collateral damage is done to “others” (immigrants, people of color, etc.) they are willing to overlook it.

(3) The mature adults - from all political stripes, but mostly Republican - who have worked furiously within Trump’s administration to protect him from himself. Examples include:

- Rex Tillerson telling Trump what he was asking to do is illegal and Trump ultimately firing him for it;

- John Kelly telling Trump his replacement shouldn’t be a “yes man” who only tells him what he wants to hear, or he’ll end up getting impeached;

- His staff not carrying out orders to pass along directives to fire Bob Mueller;

- Jeff Sessions recusing himself and refusing to end the Russia inquiry;

- John Bolton and others trying to stymie the efforts by Guiliani (at the behest of Trump) to abuse US military aid as a cudgel by Trump to score domestic political points;

(4) A sufficiently far-left wing Democratic nominee, or one who can be painted as such. This will provide the very lame and misguided, but much sought after, excuse needed by a sliver of the population who know Trump is a swamp monster but can’t get over their hatred of left-wing politics.

Alea iacta est

Pretend that I wrote something cool.
Trump will be re-elected. The reasons are that it is very rare that a president is not re-elected to a second term. Then the economy is better now than the past 50 years. Also, the Democrats have no good opponent to be a threat to Trump.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It’s November 2020. You’re sitting on the couch, watching the election results come in on your network of choice. Maybe it’s as you predicted. Maybe you’re shocked by the outcome. Maybe you’re sad/angry. Maybe you’re ecstatic. Why do you feel the way you do? Because Trump won. He was re-elected.

You wake up the morning after the election and think intelligently about the results.

Now answer this question: How or why did Trump win?