• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel could bar entry for Reps. Omar and Tlaib

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Making steretyped racial tropes and slurs is not being critical of policy. Omar and Tlaib are both guilty of this. It's just dishonest to try and pass these off as being critical of policy.
It is dishonest to call them "declared enemies" of a state. Have they declared that themselves?

BTW, regarding stereotypes and slurs being something to get you banned from a country, I wonder if Africa and the other "****hole countries" Donald slurred should ban him. Sauce for the geese should be same sauce for the bellowing hippopotamus.

Shad

Veteran Member
So, being critical of a nation's policies makes someone a "declared enemy"??? Does this mean that American citizens who are critical of the United States Government are "declared enemies" of the state? God help us all, if this is what America is becoming. :(

No it was about BDS. BDS started as an anti-Jewish movement. Israel has never changed in the view point that is still is.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Take a look at the political power of Joe Wyoming compared to Joe California.

When it comes to appointing the president, J Wyoming has about 3× the appointing power of J California.

This, despite the fact that California is far more representative of the USA as a whole.
Tom

Sooo...you sayin' Wyoming is more elite than California??? No offense, but it seems you're really reaching on this one,

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Have they declared that themselves?

Yes Rashida Tlaib - Wikipedia

"Tlaib has said she opposed providing aid to a "Netanyahu Israel" and supported the Palestinian right of return and a one-state solution.[27][28][29][30] Tlaib is one of the few members of Congress to openly support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

Omar:
Screenshot_20190806-041151_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder if Africa and the other "****hole countries" Donald slurred should ban him.

Well Somalia is a p00phole. Do you have evidence to suggest it is not?

Shad

Veteran Member

When it comes to appointing the president, J Wyoming has about 3× the appointing power of J California.

This, despite the fact that California is far more representative of the USA as a whole.
Tom

Cali has 55 EC seats. Wyoming has 3. All based on population in general not citizens.

Who is gaming what now? Who is trying to get citizenship removed from the census? Who is really benefiting? Who wants to count anyone with a heart beat?

*hint* It's Cali. Cali benefits from it's illegal population providing political power beyond what the voters in the state provide. When Trump tries to count only citizens Cali leadership flips out. Your primary example of Cali is doing exactly what you are complaining about not Wyoming

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Tom

I'm not sure if that tells the whole story. Joe California is more likely to see candidates visit his state and might even have a chance to talk to them or ask questions. California is on everybody's radar and the candidates would consider that to be one of the most important states, mainly because of its sheer size and vast number of electoral votes.

Wyoming is just "one of the square states in the middle." Also known as "flyover country." The candidates probably wouldn't even bother with it, since it's a staunchly Republican state. Last time they voted for a Democratic candidate was LBJ in 1964. Since it's routinely taken for granted, I can't see how they would really have that much influence over the election with its paltry 3 electoral votes compared with California's 55.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Ah.... come on.....
Israel has been pressured by Mr Trump.
Israel wouldn't want to annoy Mr Trump, surely?

Here is a Tweet from the President of the United States, who doesn't like these Congressmembers:-

It would show great weakness if Israel allowed Rep. Omar and Rep.Tlaib to visit. They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!

A bit over the top, wouldn't you say? :p
Not over the top. Rather, it's unbecoming someone holding public office in any capacity above dog-catcher.

I cannot for the life of me understand how so many Americans seem unoffended but their President issuing such public comments about members of an elected government. A man in his position really ought to be more self-aware, and conscious of the effect that his position has on how his words are received. Donnie isn't really all that self-aware, so it is impossible that he could know so much about the inner feelings and motivations of others -- who they hate, how their minds might be changed.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
So, being critical of a nation's policies makes someone a "declared enemy"??? Does this mean that American citizens who are critical of the United States Government are "declared enemies" of the state? God help us all, if this is what America is becoming. :(
What a time to be alive.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No, I think that anyone can claim anything. Also, Trump won by 77 votes; he didn't lose by millions.
Well, a demented system can hardly be blamed for producing demented results. In winner-take-all states, a tiny majority gets to command 100% of the college votes for their candidate. Do that not too many times, and you get a situation where millions of Americans are essentially disenfranchised. Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million, and is only the 5th President (out of 45 so far) to win the Presidency and also losing the popular vote.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Our friend doesn't believe in the Electoral College.
He recognizes only the popular vote.
Though not an American, I don't really believe in the Electoral College as particularly good idea, either. Clearly, in states that may elect x Democrats and y Republicans to Congress, there is a division of opinion, and I think those divisions should be recognized. They are, in fact, recognized in the House and Senate, but not in the selection of the President.

It's a sort of odd idea, really, that the electorate, for most purposes, are considered to be the eligible citizens of the United States -- actual people. But for purposes of the election of a President, that is not the case. The idea (and it is only an idea, a process) that "I am voting for some entity to vote for me in the selection of a President, but at the end of the day, that entity has to go with the majority who voted for another entity to represent them" is kind of silly -- in my view. That's the "winner-take-all" idea. I rather prefer the Maine and Nebraska rules for proportional representation. That would be, in my alien view, fairer.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Is it true that the Palestinian territories have no airports, and no one is allowed to visit them without going through Israel first, positively barbaric, Jews should be ashamed of Israel, its a huge disgrace of a country.
You might ask yourself what it would be like to try to live in a democratic country, surrounded and vastly outnumbered by nations larger than yourself, all dedicated to your eradication. Do you think that might represent a challenge? Seventeen of the 22 member states of the Arab League do not even recognize Israel's right to exist. What do you suggest, the pack up and move to....well, where, exactly?

shmogie

Of you think that's just great.

So does Kim and Putin's elite.
They don't want a democratic election either.
Tom
Oh bull ! Total and complete hyperbole. Presidents certainly are elected democratically. Their state holds open elections and the majority rules in selecting the electors who will vote for the President.

This business with putin and kim is pure and utter nonsense, and you know it.

shmogie

Oh bull ! Total and complete hyperbole. Presidents certainly are elected democratically. Their state holds open elections and the majority rules in selecting the electors who will vote for the President.

This business with putin and kim is pure and utter nonsense, and you know it.

shmogie

Well, a demented system can hardly be blamed for producing demented results. In winner-take-all states, a tiny majority gets to command 100% of the college votes for their candidate. Do that not too many times, and you get a situation where millions of Americans are essentially disenfranchised. Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million, and is only the 5th President (out of 45 so far) to win the Presidency and also losing the popular vote.
In a popular vote election, one person could determine the outcome.

The STATES elect the president, not a national majority vote system.

Without the wisdom of the Founders, four or five urban areaś, voting in block fashion, as they do, could determine the results of an election. Totally disenfranchising the populations of entire states, and massive sections of the country.

I don´t know the population of Canada, but I do know that one county in Ca, has more people than some states. In an election those states would never be heard, and would be ignored.

The STATES elect the president, and the vote of every person in every state counts.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What a time to be alive.
No kidding. I was just recounting to someone the other day, I recall growing up and learning about Nazi Germany in school. In my naive youth I couldn't imagine how the German people went along with it. It seemed like some odd, bizarre page of ancient history to me.

Yeah, it's frightening to say the least. It wasn't that long ago, and here we are today ramping that all up again. And the masses blindly and irrationally buying the divisive, racist rhetoric. Rhetoric first. Violence follows.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
You might ask yourself what it would be like to try to live in a democratic country, surrounded and vastly outnumbered by nations larger than yourself, all dedicated to your eradication. Do you think that might represent a challenge? Seventeen of the 22 member states of the Arab League do not even recognize Israel's right to exist. What do you suggest, the pack up and move to....well, where, exactly?
What does any of that have to do with whether or not Palestine has airports?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In a popular vote election, one person could determine the outcome.

The STATES elect the president, not a national majority vote system.

Without the wisdom of the Founders, four or five urban areaś, voting in block fashion, as they do, could determine the results of an election. Totally disenfranchising the populations of entire states, and massive sections of the country.

I don´t know the population of Canada, but I do know that one county in Ca, has more people than some states. In an election those states would never be heard, and would be ignored.

The STATES elect the president, and the vote of every person in every state counts.
Thank you for your response, and I do see what you are saying about the states electing the President.

Canada has its own electoral issues. We are a Parliamentary democracy, which means that every riding in the country (338 of them) elects a single member of Parliament, usually belonging to one of several major parties (Liberal, Conservative, New Democratic, Green, and a few others), with the occasional independent. The Leader of the party that wins a majority of seats in the House of Commons becomes the Prime Minister, and he names members of his own party to be Ministers of the various government departments (Finance, Foreign Affairs, Justice and so on). In the event that one party doesn't win a majority of the House, the leader can attempt to create a coalition with another, similar thinking party -- usually by negotiating some terms like getting a cabinet seat for the minority party, and so on.

The interesting thing is -- by comparison to the United States -- a Canadian Prime Minister with a majority of seats in the House of Commons has a great deal more power than a U.S. President. (I mean power within our own country, not around the world, of course).

For that reason, I happen to support changes to our own electoral system. I don't like our first-past-the-post system, as you can see that with 4 or 5 parties, you could in fact wind up with a powerful PM whose party only got in the 30s to 40s percent of the vote. And we frequently do.

I hope that helps you understand that I am not just critiquing your country...I feel the same about my own. Though we don't often seem to like one another, I do at least endeavour to be an honest man.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

Actually its the Zionist Jews who wanted to up and move there, maybe if they had thought about how their neighbors might take that before they started treating the native inhabitants like shxt!!