• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and the soon return of Yeshua Christ

InChrist

Free4ever
And from that you deduce the immanent "return of Yeshua Christ".

No, I used that verse in a post simply to show that God chose and has unique plan for Israel in earth's history.

By the way, it's hard for me not to view references to "Yeshua Christ" as a bit of amateurish posturing. It's rather like talking 'knowingly' about Café con Milk.
[/quote]

Well, you can view it any way you like, but Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as Messiah (and there are thousands) refer to Him as Yeshua or Y'shua.

InChrist

Free4ever
You depend on whatever intepretation others have compiled as their particular imaginings of a particular god. I prefer to depend and trust in my own wisdom, as it has proven repeatedly to be more useful, dependable, and consistent than thoughtlessly accepting the wisdom of other's and their various agendas and motivations. I accept that we're different sorts of people though.

So you think it's courageous to base your beliefs on the existence of a powerful being that "humans have every reason to fear," and will punish us, if we don't follow the various intepretations of the words that a myriad of people have imagined this god to say over the course of many centuries. Yeah, I don't find that particularly courageous, nor compelling. However, as I stated, I accept that we are different sorts of people.

My conclusion is based on the belief that the scriptures are God's Word, not human words. Humans were only the instruments by which they were written down. From my observation the truths of the scriptures prove themselves. Yet, I too, accept that we are different people and that we may come to different conclusions.

Shermana

Heretic
Luke 21:24

And they will fall by the sword and be lead away captive into all nations and Jerusalem will be trodden by the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles is complete

1968 Israel takes control of all of Jerusalem and the prophetic clock in Daniel begins running again

Jesus fufilled the Spring feasts of Israel with his first coming.
We have been in the time of Summer for the last two thousand years, the time of harvest
which is coming to an end. (the time of the Gentiles)
The Fall feasts are about to be fulfilled with his return.

Personally I think Luke 21:20-24 was fulfilled between 70-130 A.D. But the time of the gentiles is still not complete, as East Jerusalem is currently not Jewish.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
All this shows is that too many people have spoken out of line with the scriptures instead of letting the scriptures speak for themselves.

If the list could only show how many of those thought likewise of all their predecesors :D

You my friend, are priceless :D

InChrist

Free4ever
Thousands? OMG! :eek:
Of course there are also some 2 million followers of Tenrikyo. :shrug:

That is an interesting bit of unrelated info.

Nevertheless, there has never been as many Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as Messiah as there are today, since the first century during and shortly after the time of Christ. You may not consider that significant, but I do.

Jeremy Mason

I see the scriptures showing the establishment and events surrounding the modern state of Israel as the greatest sign and indication of the end of the age and the soon return of Yeshua, Jesus Christ. Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?

"Yeshua spoke of a generation that would not see death until all these things are fulfilled, and how to determine the signs of that time. Again, lets look at what the Scriptures say about the importance of the modern nation of Israel, which is the greatest sign of the soon return of Yeshua, our Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13). Isaiah 66:8 declares Israel would be born in a day, which was fulfilled May14, 1948."

Israel: God’s Prophetic Time Clock
By Ray Smith

I do not subscribe to dispensationalism.

Dispensationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm more of a preterist.

Preterism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Me Myself

Back to my username
That is an interesting bit of unrelated info.

Nevertheless, there has never been as many Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as Messiah as there are today, since the first century during and shortly after the time of Christ. You may not consider that significant, but I do.

There has never been as much humans as there are today o.o

I would even wonder if there ar emore zeus worshippers today than in the past.

Shermana

Heretic
If it matters at all, there were only a few thousand Israelites out of a million or more who survived the Babylonian conquest, and that includes the ones who went into captivity, and the Biblical justification was that they picked the wrong religion.

Just saying.

InChrist

Free4ever
Best I can tell, there has never been as many followers of Tenrikyo as there are today. So much for argumentum as numerum.

Again, the number of followers of Tenrikyo is not relevant to this subject because it is not about numbers. It is about Israel and the prominent place Israel holds in prophetic scripture.

InChrist

Free4ever

That's fine that you're more of a preterist, but preterism has never made sense to me with the way such theology replaces Israel with the church and applies the promises of God for Israel to the church instead. I think with preterism many clear scriptures must be taken in the allegorical sense, ignored, and spiritualized away rather than taken literally and I consider this to be an incorrect approach to interpreting and understanding the Bible.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That's fine that you're more of a preterist, but preterism has never made sense to me with the way such theology replaces Israel with the church and applies the promises of God for Israel to the church instead. I think with preterism many clear scriptures must be taken in the allegorical sense, ignored, and spiritualized away rather than taken literally and I consider this to be an incorrect approach to interpreting and understanding the Bible.

But Jesus Flintstone is not an inocent approach.

I love how you think :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
I find this a childish comment, totally unrelated to the topic.

I find your allucions to be as related to reality as the other ones in e list, and I am not even in the slightest surprised how you missed the relevance and context of my commentary.

This is even more immature... but as long as you're having fun, if fun is your highest goal.

For this thread and right now? Sure.

InChrist

Free4ever
I find your allucions to be as related to reality as the other ones in e list, and I am not even in the slightest surprised how you missed the relevance and context of my commentary.

What does "allucions" mean? I've never heard that word before.

I'm sorry I missed the relevance of your commentary. You can explain it to me if you like.

Flankerl

Again, the number of followers of Tenrikyo is not relevant to this subject because it is not about numbers. It is about Israel and the prominent place Israel holds in prophetic scripture.

But if it isnt about numbers why would you bring up numbers as an argument?

Hey it isnt mentioned that Randy Savage stopped the rapture in 2011. :(

macho-man-randy-savage-randy-savage-rapture-canceled-demotivational-posters-1306076750.jpg

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yet, what kind of wisdom are you depending upon if you do not even consider the possibility of prophetic events being played out in world events and how that awareness may impact you personally? And is it courageous to disregard the change your own beliefs may or could have upon your eternal destiny?

Why is taking ancient scripture form a very specific ancient tribe as the "truth" considered "wisdom"? Wisdom means insight. Usually into specific events around you that is gained through personal experience in life. Kind of the opposite of what you are proposing.