• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel and the soon return of Yeshua Christ

InChrist

Free4ever
I see the scriptures showing the establishment and events surrounding the modern state of Israel as the greatest sign and indication of the end of the age and the soon return of Yeshua, Jesus Christ. Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?

"Yeshua spoke of a generation that would not see death until all these things are fulfilled, and how to determine the signs of that time. Again, lets look at what the Scriptures say about the importance of the modern nation of Israel, which is the greatest sign of the soon return of Yeshua, our Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13). Isaiah 66:8 declares Israel would be born in a day, which was fulfilled May14, 1948."

Israel: God’s Prophetic Time Clock
By Ray Smith

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?

No. Instead, I see a compelling and illustrative case study in cognitive bias and the vagaries of human psychology and perception. I'm sure yours is interesting too though.

InChrist

Free4ever
No. Instead, I see a compelling and illustrative case study in cognitive bias and the vagaries of human psychology and perception. I'm sure yours is interesting too though.

I am truly sorry you are unaware.

He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times". Matthew 16:2-3

allright

Luke 21:24

And they will fall by the sword and be lead away captive into all nations and Jerusalem will be trodden by the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles is complete

1968 Israel takes control of all of Jerusalem and the prophetic clock in Daniel begins running again

Jesus fufilled the Spring feasts of Israel with his first coming.
We have been in the time of Summer for the last two thousand years, the time of harvest
which is coming to an end. (the time of the Gentiles)
The Fall feasts are about to be fulfilled with his return.

InChrist

Free4ever
I have the serenity to accept the things I can change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yet, what kind of wisdom are you depending upon if you do not even consider the possibility of prophetic events being played out in world events and how that awareness may impact you personally? And is it courageous to disregard the change your own beliefs may or could have upon your eternal destiny?

FranklinMichaelV.3

It's funny cause the Jews don't see it like that...weird.

Also...what happened to the Ark of the Covenant :D

But wait...

Wasn't Daniel Written during the time that the Jews...were...well...you know...in exile? With the hope of one day possibly returning to take the land back from the gentiles?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I see the scriptures showing the establishment and events surrounding the modern state of Israel as the greatest sign and indication of the end of the age and the soon return of Yeshua, Jesus Christ. Does anyone else see this clear fulfillment of God's prophetic word taking place right before our eyes?
The Jewish people rose and fell several times in a time span of thousands of years. True, other civilizations perished or were dismantled, and the revival of this nation happened against all odds and in the face of unparallel calamities, often combined with spiritual inspiration of this nation's heritage. However, beyond categorizing this long and rich history as part of a godly and cosmic equation, there is one thing that most people throughout history failed at appreciating. They simply underestimated the length of the struggle Jews are willing to take their fights to, their determination for preservation and revival whereas other nations and cultures have long been assimilated into greater powers. They also fail to understand the long term historical conscious that Jews share and their collective recognition of repetitive cycles in human history and in their history, and of course the fact that while other cultures may think themselves to be stubborn and proud, the Jews are by far the most formidable in their fanaticism when it comes to their ideals and survival.
The Scots still discuss their independence referendum from the UK and sing nostalgic songs about battles against the English, but they failed to do what a band of vagabond Jews succeeded to do in Palestine, actually applying effective resistance to the British, which was a significant factor in the British decision to leave.
In the long history of the Jewish nation, these people rebelled against the dominate empires of antiquity, served in various royal courts of Sultans and Khagans, gave birth to religions that changed the face of the earth, and all that time still maintained a distinct existence as the world kept changing. Changing empires, changing global imperial religions, and changing economic needs.

The bottom line is that Jesus was only a single Jewish man. He might have had good ideas and good ideals. But he didn't grow in a vacuum or rather incarnated from the heavens, even he grew out of Jewish society and ideals. So if you really want to understand the root of Jewish revival and continuity after so many thousands of years, you need to look a little deeper at these people. about 2000 years have passed since the days of King Herod, John the Baptist, Jesus, or Josephus. And in these 2000 years Jews forged whole eras and chapters in their history.

FranklinMichaelV.3

The Jewish people rose and fell several times in a time span of thousands of years. True, other civilizations perished or were dismantled, and the revival of this nation happened against all odds and in the face of unparallel calamities, often combined with spiritual inspiration of this nation's heritage. However, beyond categorizing this long and rich history as part of a godly and cosmic equation, there is one thing that most people throughout history failed at appreciating. They simply underestimated the length of the struggle Jews are willing to take their fights to, their determination for preservation and revival whereas other nations and cultures have long been assimilated into greater powers. They also fail to understand the long term historical conscious that Jews share and their collective recognition of repetitive cycles in human history and in their history, and of course the fact that while other cultures may think themselves to be stubborn and proud, the Jews are by far the most formidable in their fanaticism when it comes to their ideals and survival.
The Scots still discuss their independence referendum from the UK and sing nostalgic songs about battles against the English, but they failed to do what a band of vagabond Jews succeeded to do in Palestine, actually applying effective resistance to the British, which was a significant factor in the British decision to leave.
In the long history of the Jewish nation, these people rebelled against the dominate empires of antiquity, served in various royal courts of Sultans and Khagans, gave birth to religions that changed the face of the earth, and all that time still maintained a distinct existence as the world kept changing. Changing empires, changing global imperial religions, and changing economic needs.

The bottom line is that Jesus was only a single Jewish man. He might have had good ideas and good ideals. But he didn't grow in a vacuum or rather incarnated from the heavens, even he grew out of Jewish society and ideals. So if you really want to understand the root of Jewish revival and continuity after so many thousands of years, you need to look a little deeper at these people. about 2000 years have passed since the days of King Herod, John the Baptist, Jesus, or Josephus. And in these 2000 years Jews forged whole eras and chapters in their history.

I PM'D you my good sir...not sure if it went through though lol.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Yet, what kind of wisdom are you depending upon if you do not even consider the possibility of prophetic events being played out in world events and how that awareness may impact you personally?

The type of wisdom I depend on is in considering all possibilites measured against a broad range of potential causes, influences, motivations, and likelihoods. I accept or reject nothing out of hand, but rather utilize knowledge and experience covering and bridging a myriad of fields, disciplines, and areas of knowledge in order to ascertain as objective of an anlysis as possible for understanding the most consistent and likely explanations for things. What kind of wisdom do you depend on?

And is it courageous to disregard the change your own beliefs may or could have upon your eternal destiny?

Personally, I find it important be honest, consistent, and thorough. I have little choice to be otherwise, so I wouldn't classify it as courageous. Would you call it courageous to base your beliefs and perspectives on the fear of a claim of eternal damnation?

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It's funny cause the Jews don't see it like that...weird.

Also...what happened to the Ark of the Covenant :D

But wait...

Wasn't Daniel Written during the time that the Jews...were...well...you know...in exile? With the hope of one day possibly returning to take the land back from the gentiles?
We can go somewhere with this post. The Jews were expelled and were able to return to their ancestral land several times. The Assyrians, Babylonians, Greeks, Romans, were among empires that waged war on Jews and also destroyed their capital, Temple, and expelled their people. But somehow the Jews seized the momentum in different periods in history and made some kind of revival, including a revival of their capital and society in their ancestral land. Like you say, the Jews have Prophetic writings aimed at motivating such revivals and preservation, and which can be applied to different periods of calamities and addressing the oppressive juggernaut of the day. In Jewish religious or Biblical psychology, there have been many returns to the promised land and many promises to return that have been physically materialized.

There is always a new Babylon, a new Rome. A new challenge, a new rival. And Judaism is equipped to harness a collective cultural front against such threats.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever

I don't disagree with anything you said, except you left out God. I believe the existence and the perseverance of the Jewish people is due to God's hand upon them through history for His purposes and History.

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession." Deuteronomy 7:6

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession." Deuteronomy 7:6
And from that you deduce the immanent "return of Yeshua Christ". :biglaugh:

By the way, it's hard for me not to view references to "Yeshua Christ" as a bit of amateurish posturing. It's rather like talking 'knowingly' about Café con Milk.

InChrist

Free4ever
The type of wisdom I depend on is in considering all possibilites measured against a broad range of potential causes, influences, motivations, and likelihoods. I accept or reject nothing out of hand, but rather utilize knowledge and experience covering and bridging a myriad of fields, disciplines, and areas of knowledge in order to ascertain as objective of an anlysis as possible for understanding the most consistent and likely explanations for things. What kind of wisdom do you depend on?

I depend on God's wisdom.

For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding...Proverbs 7:6

.not limited and faulty human thinkingBeware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8

Personally, I find it important be honest, consistent, and thorough. I have little choice to be otherwise, so I wouldn't classify it as courageous. Would you call it courageous to base your beliefs and perspectives on the fear of a claim of eternal damnation?
[/quote]

I used the word courageous because you used the word courage in reference to change. I do think it is courageous to face and admit reality and change one's perspective rather than continue to live in denial. If God is Creator and All Powerful then finite humans have every reason to fear and respect Him. If He says we as humans are all guilty of wrong and due to face justice I choose to believe this and I see this as truth in real life. Yet, this Creator I believe in has demonstrated His love and mercy. My belief is not based on fear, but grounded in His love. I have no fear of what happens after death, judgement or damnation because I am saved by His love.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fear is not made perfect in love.1 John 4:18

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I depend on God's wisdom.

You depend on whatever intepretation others have compiled as their particular imaginings of a particular god. I prefer to depend and trust in my own wisdom, as it has proven repeatedly to be more useful, dependable, and consistent than thoughtlessly accepting the wisdom of other's and their various agendas and motivations. I accept that we're different sorts of people though.

I used the word courageous because you used the word courage in reference to change. I do think it is courageous to face and admit reality and change one's perspective rather than continue to live in denial. If God is Creator and All Powerful then finite humans have every reason to fear and respect Him. If He says we as humans are all guilty of wrong and due to face justice I choose to believe this and I see this as truth in real life. Yet, this Creator I believe in has demonstrated His love and mercy. My belief is not based on fear, but grounded in His love. I have no fear of what happens after death, judgement or damnation because I am saved by His love.

So you think it's courageous to base your beliefs on the existence of a powerful being that "humans have every reason to fear," and will punish us, if we don't follow the various intepretations of the words that a myriad of people have imagined this god to say over the course of many centuries. Yeah, I don't find that particularly courageous, nor compelling. However, as I stated, I accept that we are different sorts of people.