• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam = peace

AbuQuteiba

gnostic said:
Well, if you don't then some do. I have been at islam dot com's forum for a year, and a number of people link Bush's wars in the ME to that of Christianity. They also compared everything that the West do to either the US or to Christianity. There are so much diversity in the West, and not all of the West are Christians or atheism, and not all of the West is the US. They forget that there are people in the West and those in Christianity opposed to the war in Iraq.

I find it strange that whenever it concern today's events, Muslims tried to distance Islam from its politics and current affairs, and yet at the same time, the history of the Islamic empires that exist after Muhammad's death, such the progress of science and medicine, all this is due to Islam. For Muslims Islam = golden age, ie its empires, but Islam not equal terrorism, even though the terrorists themselves link what they do not only to politics, but to Islam....well, it just doesn't add up.

Muslims have the tendency to mix religion with politics, but if something is not right, they tried to separate it. I don't think many of the Middle Easterner Muslims would agree with your separation.

That precisely is the problem.

Muslims who are not involved directly on terrorism, don't care to stem the problem.

Djamila wrote in another topic that when Muslim empires had conquered territories, it was to liberate those oppressed by Christians, and they were doing a good thing (so she say). I am quite sure the Babylonians, Romans, Franks and Mongols felt the same way like the Muslims when they expand their empires; they did so with the kindness of their hearts, not for more lands, taxes and powers.

Well, if Islam is peaceful, then Islam have failed to liberate people today from the oppression of terrorism. If anything, Islam adds to the problem.

Then let me ask you this. If you don't care, then you are willing to let extremists and terrorists to continue to hijack Islam?

When enough people protest, then yes, they can make a difference that will pressure him to change his policy, even if it won't change Bush's view.

Gnostic, it seems you dont want to understand. You keep bringing up the fact that things in the world are happening in the name of Islam, yet you fail to bring the scriptures. I told you, i can not defend Islam, and its teachings if you keep saying "but this is happening here, and that is happening there".

Secondly, muslims do not, and if they do, SHOULD NOT distance Islam from politics. Islam is whole code of conduct. Allah (SWT) has completed Islam in a way that it should be used in every single aspect of ones life, and the community. But if terrorists are using Islam incorrectly to justify their acts, how is the problem with Islam? Or muslims? So if they used politics, and not Islam, who's problem would it be? (Weak argument). In the end, its terrorism, whether its in the name of politics or Islam, or whatever.

Hijack Islam? What a very lazy way of putting it. Its enough to say that the majority of muslims around the world do not agree to what these terrorists are doing. Plus, these terrorists are groups of people, not a government, or a muslim country. Also, what westerners consider one of the most Islamic fundamentalism countries in the world, Saudia Arabia, has signs everywhere that are against terrorism. One of my universities slogans is "against terrorism". America says that they are against terrorism, but they have caused more damage than the terrorism they are fighting.

Islam adds to the problem? You can really talk the talk, but you cannot walk the walk. You have guts to say such a thing, but no proof FROM ISLAMIC SCRIPTURES to back it up.

As for those people you reffered to on the Islamic forum you talked about, well i can't defend them, nor will i agree to what they say. As a student of the Islamic Shari'a here in Mecca, i, alhamdullilah, have a very strong background on Islam teachings, and know the most of what the most highly regarded scholars in the world (muslims of course) have to say on the subject. And they don't say that.

You can change Bush's policy? Why don't you then? Bush is about to start ANOTHER of his stupid wars in Iran, based on them having nuclear weapons. He said the same things about Iraq, and in the end there was nothing. If the American society could do anything about Bush's actions, they would have by now.

As for Israel. I will not defend Hizballah for their actions. Because in Islam, to start Jihad Muslims must be united, and it must be under the order of one ruler, and much much more. Since they acted on their own, they are responsibe for their acts, not muslims. As for Israel being a target, like i said, Islam does not allow us to kill the innocent on puropse. Yet Israel is'nt really helping. Every day they kill many innocent Palestinians. And they DO NOT want peace. Neither do muslims want peace. The palestinian land has been taken over, by these people. The idea of co-existing was never part of Israel's plan. Israel is a terrorist state, and would not be here today if it did'nt have America's back. Furthermore, JEWS (ORTHODOX JEWS, as they call themselves) IN AMERICA, AND ALL OVER THE WORLD are protesting against Israel. They say that it is a terrorist state. Plus they have signs put up saying things like "we are against Israel, because we are JEWS".

Pls, gnostic, in your next reply, try to use Islamic scriptures to back up your accusations. Otherwise don't bother. For i am not a one man army, that i can go stop these terrorists, nor do i have the power to convince my government to fight it. You have a problem with the way the world works today? Handle it hot shot.

Mujahid Mohammed

Jay said:
When was the last time an Islamic terrorist, with Quran in hand and explosive belt fully charged, distributed warning leaflets to his civilian target hours before blowing it to hell? When was the last time the IDF engaged in indiscriminant attack?
your missing the point Jay what they are doing is not according to Islam. There is no Islamic State, no Khalifa. They may be terrorists if what they say about them is true but if it is true there may be a chance that Allah may judge many of them as non muslims. Peace.

Mujahid Mohammed

jewscout said:
fruedian slip, huh?:rolleyes:

those crazy jews...they just need to learn their place, huh?:rolleyes:
No, like I said in another post it is not all jews just the oppressive one and unfrotunately like America the people are not the problem it is the government who do it under these banners. Similar to Islam. There are a few who spoil for all. i have many jewish friends and they are totally against what the Zionist Israelis are doing. So it is not you brother or any of the ones who stand for justice and freedom from oppression.

Mujahid Mohammed

jewscout said:
i'm not argueing the docterine of Islam...but rather the conduct of some of it's followers...which i see as 2 seperate issues.
as to not crucifying jews....
The action of the followers should never be compared unless they are doing it according to the one who gave the message.

On December 30, 1066, Joseph HaNagid, the Jewish vizier ofGranada, Spain, was crucified by an Arab mob that proceeded to raze the Jewish quarter of the city and slaughter its 5,000 inhabitants. The riot was incited by Muslim preachers who had angrily objected to what they saw as inordinate Jewish political power.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/Jews_in_Arab_lands_(gen).html
They should have said said true islam. For true islam does not permit this unless there is an agreement and they broke it (regarding the laws of treason) May Allah have mercy on those muslims if they were unjust in there killing.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Mujahid Mohammed said:
No, like I said in another post it is not all jews just the oppressive one and unfrotunately like America the people are not the problem it is the government who do it under these banners. Similar to Islam. There are a few who spoil for all. i have many jewish friends and they are totally against what the Zionist Israelis are doing. So it is not you brother or any of the ones who stand for justice and freedom from oppression.

i stand for justice and freedom from oppression...
i also stand for the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state

I also think some muslims on here need to take a hard look at the history of corruption and criminality within the PA, especially during the time of Arafat, and see that the problem is not so simple as to just blame Israel.

likewise i expect condemnation from followers of a religion of peace when the name of G-d is envoked by a fellow muslim and then is followed by a statement that:

"We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no better blood than the blood of the Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood, we will not rest until you leave the Muslim countries."
-Adham Ahmed Hujyla Abu Jandal, Hamas "fighter" committed terror attack on Dec. 7, 2004, statement from video released by Hamas.

i have a hard time believing these are the words of a follower of peace.

I am simply asking followers of peace to condemn such statements and the actions that have done nothing but bring more pain and suffering into the world.

Bangbang

michel said:
So nice to hear that (although, I was aware)............Now, can you see a way of getting Muslims throughout the world to accept that ?

That would be nice............I have been doin some research and as of 2004 there was 5 known radical muslim groups in Detroit Michigan USA alone.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
jewscout said:
i stand for justice and freedom from oppression...
i also stand for the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state

Oh man, the Jewish state exist already but where is the Palestinian one?

I also think some muslims on here need to take a hard look at the history of corruption and criminality within the PA

Are you implying that the Israeli government has no bloody history, corruption and criminality?

I am simply asking followers of peace to condemn such statements and the actions that have done nothing but bring more pain and suffering into the world.

Who doesn't. Do you think we are supporting such a thing?

BTW, will you condemn the terrorist attacks and the massacre comitted by the Israelis and some Jewish terrorists against the Palestinians civilians?

gnostic

The Lost One
Champion said:
Also, what westerners consider one of the most Islamic fundamentalism countries in the world, Saudia Arabia, has signs everywhere that are against terrorism. One of my universities slogans is "against terrorism". America says that they are against terrorism, but they have caused more damage than the terrorism they are fighting.
I actually Bush and his policies had caused harm. He had actually given the terrorists what they wanted - world-wide attention - that such organisations existed.

Champion said:
Hijack Islam? What a very lazy way of putting it.
So you disagree that the terrorists had tarnish your religion and scripture, by using as a mean of recruiting new terrorists, and using Islam as a slogan? You don't think they make Islam look like a religion of war and violence?

Well, that's the feeling I am getting.

champion said:
Its enough to say that the majority of muslims around the world do not agree to what these terrorists are doing. Plus, these terrorists are groups of people, not a government, or a muslim country.
Sorry, but I disagree. The Hamas and Hizballah have political voices within the Palestinian and Lebanese governments, and they have their parties too. You can't say are just a group of miliants. Arafat was also from terrorist organisation too, and he became head of his own political party as well as becoming Palestinian president.

All the Islamic spiritual leaders who have been involved in act of terrorism also have strong political voices in among the Palestinians (Hamas), Lebaneses (Hizballah), in Iraq and Iran. The Iranian government comprised of some large parties of Islamic hardliners/fundamentalists also called for the destruction of Israel and the US.

Where on earth have you been? Have you put your head in the sand too?

The Truth said:
Yes, they existed, but the Hamas and the Hizballah, and the current Iranian president are refusing to recognise and calling on all Muslims to participating in destroying Israel. Haven't you heard these speeches?

I don't like the current government and the current prime minister of Israel...in fact, I dislike the past 3 prime ministers too. But the Palestinians haven't helped the situation too. Both sides, have caused nothing but trouble, and not just that from Israeli government. It is majority of Israel and the Palestinians that are made to pay for the folly of these people.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The Truth said:

I ABSOLUTELY support the right of a Palestinian state to exist side by side, in peaceful coexistance and cooperation with the State of Israel. A Palestinian and Israeli state working together (especially given the tourist goldmine they would BOTH be sitting on) would spell success and prosperity for all of the people there.
how we would reach that point is the question i can't answer. IMPO Both sides are going to have to compromise and neither side will get exactly what they want.

Are you implying that the Israeli government has no bloody history, corruption and criminality?
to imply that a government is without corruption is a fool's errand. To say that a situation this complex is the fault of only one party and not the other is as equally foolish.

Who doesn't. Do you think we are supporting such a thing?
if someone supports Hamas' terrorist actions, and dismisses it as simply "resistance" then, yes, i think that they are supporting this kind of garbage that is brainwashing a generation of Palestinians and making the peace process 10 times more difficult.

BTW, will you condemn the terrorist attacks and the massacre comitted by the Israelis and some Jewish terrorists against the Palestinians civilians?
if by terrorist actions you mean the likes of Asher Weisgan then absolutely i condemn senseless killing of innocent people.
Do i like that innocents die when the IDF goes in to attack and root out terrorist groups threatening Israel's security? Absolutely not!
But there is a difference between the unfortunate deaths of civilians when rooting out groups like Hamas and Islamic Jihad and the purposeful and systematic targeting of Israeli civilians, many of whom are women and children.

what i'm asking is that followers of a religion of peace to condemn and abhor the death of innocent Israeli civilians by groups like Hamas and for them to end their support of such radical groups who are turning a religion of peace into a religion of violence and death.

so long as these followers turn a blind eye to such actions and hate speech by saying that it's ok since it's "resistance"...i will find the idea that "islam=peace" a hard pill to swallow.

AbuQuteiba

gnostic said:
I actually Bush and his policies had caused harm. He had actually given the terrorists what they wanted - world-wide attention - that such organisations existed.

So you disagree that the terrorists had tarnish your religion and scripture, by using as a mean of recruiting new terrorists, and using Islam as a slogan? You don't think they make Islam look like a religion of war and violence?

Well, that's the feeling I am getting.

Sorry, but I disagree. The Hamas and Hizballah have political voices within the Palestinian and Lebanese governments, and they have their parties too. You can't say are just a group of miliants. Arafat was also from terrorist organisation too, and he became head of his own political party as well as becoming Palestinian president.

All the Islamic spiritual leaders who have been involved in act of terrorism also have strong political voices in among the Palestinians (Hamas), Lebaneses (Hizballah), in Iraq and Iran. The Iranian government comprised of some large parties of Islamic hardliners/fundamentalists also called for the destruction of Israel and the US.

Where on earth have you been? Have you put your head in the sand too?

Yes, they existed, but the Hamas and the Hizballah, and the current Iranian president are refusing to recognise and calling on all Muslims to participating in destroying Israel. Haven't you heard these speeches?

I don't like the current government and the current prime minister of Israel...in fact, I dislike the past 3 prime ministers too. But the Palestinians haven't helped the situation too. Both sides, have caused nothing but trouble, and not just that from Israeli government. It is majority of Israel and the Palestinians that are made to pay for the folly of these people.

I am not defending these terrorist organizations. And i DO think that something should be done. I also know that it is not in MY power to do it. No, i have'nt my head in the sand, but i know where i stand in the world today. And if Bush and the American government, who are considered the most powerful in the world today, and have the most advanced technology, cannot stop these people, then you're asking me to?

You keep saying that because of what these terrorists are doing, you see Islam as a violent religion. I say, im sorry, but your ignorance has yet again prevailed. All i can do is explain how ISLAM itself does not justify these acts, and that it is not a violent religion as you claim. The only way i can do this is by showing you the scriptures, which you have yet to bring forth, and explain them. Since you seem unable to do that, i guess there is no reason to go on debating.

AbuQuteiba

jewscout said:
I ABSOLUTELY support the right of a Palestinian state to exist side by side, in peaceful coexistance and cooperation with the State of Israel. A Palestinian and Israeli state working together (especially given the tourist goldmine they would BOTH be sitting on) would spell success and prosperity for all of the people there.
how we would reach that point is the question i can't answer. IMPO Both sides are going to have to compromise and neither side will get exactly what they want.

to imply that a government is without corruption is a fool's errand. To say that a situation this complex is the fault of only one party and not the other is as equally foolish.

if someone supports Hamas' terrorist actions, and dismisses it as simply "resistance" then, yes, i think that they are supporting this kind of garbage that is brainwashing a generation of Palestinians and making the peace process 10 times more difficult.

if by terrorist actions you mean the likes of Asher Weisgan then absolutely i condemn senseless killing of innocent people.
Do i like that innocents die when the IDF goes in to attack and root out terrorist groups threatening Israel's security? Absolutely not!
But there is a difference between the unfortunate deaths of civilians when rooting out groups like Hamas and Islamic Jihad and the purposeful and systematic targeting of Israeli civilians, many of whom are women and children.

what i'm asking is that followers of a religion of peace to condemn and abhor the death of innocent Israeli civilians by groups like Hamas and for them to end their support of such radical groups who are turning a religion of peace into a religion of violence and death.

so long as these followers turn a blind eye to such actions and hate speech by saying that it's ok since it's "resistance"...i will find the idea that "islam=peace" a hard pill to swallow.

It seems your brothers in faith do not agree with you buddy..(btw, its only foolish "to say that a situation this complex is the fault of only one party and not the other is equally foolish" when its not true)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
It seems your brothers in faith do not agree with you buddy

or not :
Orthodox jews rallying for Israel
activism1.jpg

ooo look Chabad's even getting into the act!!

july302.jpg

below, a chabad rabbi supporting Israel at a rally in LA
1.jpg

love this one...chabad supporting the soldiers in the recent war w/ Hizbullah in their "Mitzvah Tank" van!
20060725-breslov-tank.jpg

nice try champion...just because some orthodox, no matter how vocal, are still waiting to be magically teleported to Eretz Yisrael by Moshiach does not mean that there aren't many many jews, especailly orthodox, who support Israel and her right to exist as a jewish state.

and btw...it is a very complex situation....if it were simple then the problem wouldn't exist...

but why am i defending Israel in this thread? i don't see what that has to do w/ topic at all.

again i restate my point that if non-muslims are to believe that islam is truely a religion of peace then, personally, i expect that muslims should condemn the actions of groups like Hamas and the docterine of hate that they teach, which is done under the banner of being faithful followers of Islam.

to not do so is IMO a diservice to the many positive things Islam has to teach and will ultimately reinforce the outside world's perception (regardless of it's accuracy) of Islam as a violent faith

Anastasios

"Islam is a religion based on nature, it certainly does not teach one to turn the other cheek. Those, to whom this teaching is given, should say how much do they abide by it? This is the flaw of their teaching that has distanced the Christians of this age from Christianity. Today no one even turns up at the once a week Sunday service at the church, apart from the elderly. They have started renting out church buildings for other functions. In the West numerous churches carry the ‘for sale’ signs. An American professor, Edwin Lewis wrote ‘the people of the 20th century are not prepared to believe in Jesus as god’. The president of St. Johns College Oxford Sir Cyril said that it should always be remembered that a large portion of men and women from Europe and American has not remained Christian and perhaps it would also be correct to say that their majority is comprised of such people. Similarly, there are various statements of these people about Africa; they acknowledge that this teaching is dwindling. The reason is that they know that now there is only one solution: they have to use cunning ploys against Islam...."

Please read from beginning for the answer to Pope's speech about islam on: http://www.alislam.org/topics/response-to-pope/islam-response-to-the-pope.html

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Mujahid Mohammed said:
What does the Quran say and how did the Messenger and his companions carry out the orders of Allah.

According to the Quran, those Muslims who actually participate in the fighting are said to be seen more favorably by God than those who sit at home. Whenever an admonishion is made not to kill, exceptions are made saying it's OK under various circumstances of actual or perceived wrongs commited against Muslims (as those in this thread are doing as well).

4.94 . O ye who believe! When ye go forth ( to fight ) in the way of Allah , be careful to discriminate , and say not unto one who offereth you peace : "Thou are not a believer ; " seeking the chance profits of this life ( so that ye may despoil him ) . With Allah are plenteous spoils . Even thus ( as he now is ) were ye before ; but Allah hath since then been gracious unto you . Therefore take care to discriminate . Allah is ever informed of what ye do .
4.95 . Those of the believers who sit still , other than those who have a ( disabling ) hurt , are not on an equality with those who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives . Allah hath conferred on those who strive with their wealth and lives a rank above the sedentary . Unto each Allah hath promised good , but He hath bestowed on those who strive a great reward above the sedentary ;
4.96 . Degrees of rank from Him , and forgiveness and mercy . Allah is ever Forgiving , Merciful .
Mujahid Mohammed said:
I do not need to justify the acts of a bunch of deviants. they are not following the Quran and sunnah so what is there to refute. They are not doing what the religion prescribes and understanding it the way the Messenger gave it and his companions understood it. How is your question valid? If they are not doing what Islam teaches what are you asking about. IT IS NOT ISLAM SO STOP COMPARING HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH AND ANYONE ELSE TO THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH PBUH AND HIS RIGHTEOUS COMPANIONS. Read the Quran for yourself...

I'm not asking you to justify anything. All I'm asking for is that you acknowledge what your religion actually teaches.
But since you mentioned it and challenged me to read up on it for myself (which I was doing anyway) - it looks to me like maybe they're not so deviant after all.....

Over and over and over the Quran and the Hadith say that those believers (of Islam) who fight, strive, slay, kill for the cause of Allah and Islam are the ones who will be blessed the most. Even more so if they are killed (as in 'martyred') in the process of doing so.
8.72 . Lo! those who believed and left their homes and strove with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah , and those who took them in and helped them ; these are protecting friends one of another . And those who believed but did not leave their homes , ye have no duty to protect them till they leave their homes ; but if they seek help from you in the matter of religion then it is your duty to help ( them ) except against a folk between whom and you there is a treaty . Allah is Seer of what ye do .
8.73 . And those who disbelieve are protectors one of another If ye do not so , there will be confusion in the land , and great corruption .
8.74 . Those who believed and left their homes and strove for the cause of Allah , and those who took them in and helped them these are the believers in truth . For them is pardon , and a bountiful provision .[FONT=&quot]8.75 . And those who afterwards believed and left their homes and strove along with you , they are of you ; and those who are akin are nearer one to another in the ordinance of Allah . Lo! Allah is Knower of all things .[/FONT]
In Sunna 9, Muhammed claims a wrong against Muslims (non-Muslims who have the audacity to actually think they are equal in status to Muslims). Then declares the treaties will be annulled at the end of the holy months. Why? So his offensive attack on those people will be 'legal.' He tells his troops that these dispicable people will be fought and killed until they either convert to Islam or submit to Islam rule and consent to pay the jizyah with submission and humiliaion (as in are 'brought low'). If they do choose to submit, it is so they can be convinced to convert.
9.3 . And a proclamation from Allah and His messenger to all men on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage that Allah is free from obligation to the idolaters , and ( so is ) His messenger . So , if ye repent , it will be better for you ; but if ye are averse , then know that ye cannot escape Allah . Give tidings ( O Muhammad ) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve .
9.4 . Excepting those of the idolaters with whom ye ( Muslims ) have a treaty , and who have since abated nothing of your right nor have supported anyone against you . ( As for these ) , fulfill their treaty to them till their term . Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty ( unto Him ) .
9.5 . Then , when the sacred months have passed , slay the idolaters wherever ye find them , and take them ( captive ) , and besiege them , and prepare for them each ambush . But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due , then leave their way free . Lo! Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .
9.6 . And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection ( O Muhammad ) , then protect him so that he may hear the word of Allah ; and afterward convey him to his place of safety . That is because they are a folk who know not .
[FONT=&quot]9.7 . How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you , be true to them . Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty [/FONT]
Muhammed is praises those who support him and ‘strive hard’ for the jihad cause. He harshly admonishes those who are less than enthusiastic and lag behind or who are less supportive or generous in their donations to the cause and calls them hypocrites, declares them disbelievers...
[FONT=&quot]9.73 . O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites ! Be harsh with them . Their ultimate abode is hell , a hapless journey ' s end .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9.74 . They swear by Allah that they said nothing ( wrong ) , yet they did say the word of disbelief , and did disbelieve after their Surrender ( to Allah ) . And they purposed that which they could not attain , and they sought revenge only that Allah by His messenger should enrich them of His bounty . If they repent it will be better for them ; and if they turn away , Allah will afflict them with a painful doom in the world and the Hereafter , and they have no protecting friend nor helper in the earth
[/FONT]​
Indeed – those who joined the jihad to kill or be killed were promised Paradise:
9.111 . Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain . It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Quran . Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made , for that is the supreme triumph .
And those he declared to be unbelievers:
9.122 . And the believers should not all go out to fight . Of every troop of them , a party only should go forth , that they ( who are left behind ) may gain sound knowledge in religion , and that they may warn their folk when they return to them , so that they may beware .
It is the believers God-given duty to kill the unbelievers!!
9.123 . O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you , and let them find harshness in you , and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty ( unto Him ) .
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Anastasios

I strongly recommend to take a look at the verses you mentioned above and their commentary, of which i gave the links, for a better understanding:

The Quran i am using considers that besmele (the beginning sentence of chapters) is a verse too, so numbering may differ sometimes just one number, but here no problem at all.
[4:95] O ye who believe! when you go forth to fight in the cause of Allah, make proper investigation and say not to anyone who greets you with the greeting of peace, Thou art not a believer.' You seek the goods of this life, but with Allah are good things in plenty. Such were you before this, but Allah conferred His special favour on you; so do make proper investigation. Surely, Allah is Aware of what you do.
[4:96] Those of the believers who sit at home, excepting the disabled ones, and those who strive in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their persons, are not equal. Allah has exalted in rank those who strive with their wealth and their persons above those who sit at home. And to each Allah has promised good. And Allah has exalted those who strive above those who sit at home, by a great reward -
[4:97] By degrees of excellence bestowed by Him, and by special forgiveness and mercy. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=210&region=EN&CR=

[8:73] Surely, those who believed and left their homes and strove with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah, and those who gave them shelter and help - these are friends one of another. But as for those who believed but did not leave their homes, you are not at all responsible for their protection until they leave their homes. But if they seek your help in the matter of religion, then it is your duty to help them, except against a people between whom and yourselves there is a treaty. And Allah sees what you do.
[8:74] And those who disbelieve - they are friends one of another. If you do not what you are commanded, there will be mischief in the land and great disorder.
[8:75] And those who believed and left their homes and strove for the cause of Allah, and those who gave them shelter and help -these indeed are true believers. For them is forgiveness and an honourable provision.
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=374&region=EN&CR=

[9:3] And this is a proclamation from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage, that Allah is clear of idolaters, and so is His Messenger. So if you repent, it will be better for you; but if you turn away, then know that you cannot frustrate the plan of Allah. And give tidings of a painful punishment to those who disbelieve,
[9:4] Except those of the disbelievers with whom you have entered into a treaty and who have not subsequently failed you in anything nor aided anyone against you. So fulfil to these the treaty you have made with them till their term. Surely Allah loves those that are righteous.
[9:5] And when the forbidden months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever you find them and take them captive, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakaat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=376&region=EN&CR=
and http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=377&region=EN and http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=378&region=EN

[9:73] O Prophet! strive hard against the disbelievers and the Hypocrites. And be firm against them. Their abode is Hell, and evil destination it is.
[9:74] They swear by Allah that they said nothing, but they did certainly utter the word of disbelief, and disbelieved after they had embraced Islam. And they designed what they could not attain. And they cherished enmity against believers only because Allah and His Messenger had enriched them out of His bounty. So if they repent, it will be better for them; but if they turn away, Allah will punish them with a grievous punishment in this world and the Hereafter, and they shall have neither friend nor helper in the earth.
[9:75] And among them are those who made a covenant with Allah, saying, 'If He give us of His bounty, we would most surely give alms and be of the virtuous.'
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=394&region=EN&CR=
[9:111] Surely, Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their property in return for the heavenly Garden they shall have; they fight in the cause of Allah, and they slay and are slain - an unfailing promise that He has made binding on Himself in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Qur'an. And who is more faithful to his promise than Allah? Rejoice, then, in your bargain which you have made with Him; and that is the mighty triumph.
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=401&region=EN and http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=402&region=EN
[9:122] It is not possible for the believers to go forth all together. Why, then, does not a party from every section of them go forth that they may become well-versed in religion, and that they may warn their people when they return to them, so that they may guard against evil.
[9:123] O ye who believe! fight such of the disbelievers as are near to you and let them find hardness in you; and know that Allah is with the righteous.
commentary: http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=404&region=EN&CR=

regards...

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Anastasios said:
I strongly recommend to take a look at the verses you mentioned above and their commentary, of which i gave the links, for a better understanding:
Thank you Anastasios, for providing the links to the commentaries.
For the most part, they confirmed my own understanding of what I presented above.
I also appreciated the opinions on the context of surah 9.... and again, it confirmed for me that my interpretation was mostly in line with that of those who wrote the commentaries.

Ody

champion said:
It seems your brothers in faith do not agree with you buddy..(btw, its only foolish "to say that a situation this complex is the fault of only one party and not the other is equally foolish" when its not true)

Why use pictures of Satmar? I know many who have been personally insulted by Satmar rabbis. They tend to have little care for the non 'frum'.

This movement can't even agree on who thier current rebbe is!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
jewscout said:

According to your feeble judgment ...

Since Bush is invading muslim countries so i can totally say CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A PEACFUL RELIGION.

Also, as long as the Israeli government is trageting the civilains in their homes, and killing the women and children in houses so jUADISM IS NOT A PEACFUL RELIGION.

This is an example of what one would assume when he pick some groups and hijack the whole religion for that. So pathetic.

The Truth said:
According to your feeble judgment ...

Since Bush is invading muslim countries so i can totally say CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A PEACFUL RELIGION.

Also, as long as the Israeli government is trageting the civilains in their homes, and killing the women and children in houses so jUADISM IS NOT A PEACFUL RELIGION.

This is an example of what one would assume when he pick some groups and hijack the whole religion for that. So pathetic.

very true.
what is christianity? Many would say that its to know and believe in Jesus.
the Jews believed a man named Jesus lived, but he was just some man.
the Muslims believe he was a prophet of God, but his word has been destroyed by the world, Mohammed came along to correct the world.
the "christians" believe he is the son of God.
All believe that Jesus existed, just in different forms.

Honestly Judaism and Islam are two faiths following thier doctrines(more accurately).
Christians are not. I am a man of the Word of God, the Holy bible, and I can see this plain as day.
The old testament commands the Jews to cast down the other temples of idols.And to fight those that would suppress them.
Islam also believes in the OT(Torah-first five books) and follows its laws. they also follow the teachings of Mohammed. Both teach to fight against those that would oppress the word of God.
We "christians" do not follow the Word of God. Otherwise not a single one of us would have anything to do with this war or any war or any killing of any person for any reason. So says the Word of God through his Son Jesus Christ.
Find it for me if you can. I know you won't be able to.
But i will not turn a blind eye to a verse that speaks otherwise.

FOA