• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam = peace

many people are using words such as terrorist to describe muslims , but thats not true because islam is againts terrorism and threat.

and i will give a proof:

ALLAH has 99 names that describe his greatness and to be muslim you must belive in all Allah names .
THE PEACE is one of ALLAH names and all muslims are belivers in peace , and anyone how is terrorist he cant be muslim because he is not beliving in peace
which is one of ALLAH names , so abviously he will be fighting islam.

all muslims are THE PEACE SLAVES.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
the truth only said:
many people are using words such as terrorist to describe muslims , but thats not true because islam is againts terrorism and threat.

and i will give a proof:

ALLAH has 99 names that describe his greatness and to be muslim you must belive in all Allah names .
THE PEACE is one of ALLAH names and all muslims are belivers in peace , and anyone how is terrorist he cant be muslim because he is not beliving in peace

then would you say that Nasrallah and groups like Hamas are, in fact, not muslims?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Today most international terrorists are Muslims, or claim to be Muslims.
In the past this was not so
In the future it may again, not be so.

When it comes down to it, only Muslims can resolve this problem.
They must scourge their membership and throw out those that damage their good name, and that of their prophet.

Muslims have a number of serious grievances, these are best addressed politically not by terrorism.
Only political settlements lead to lasting peace.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
the truth only said:

and i will give a proof:

So nice to hear that (although, I was aware)............Now, can you see a way of getting Muslims throughout the world to accept that ?

Islam

Nasrallah and Hamas arent terrorists in the first place. The terrorists are those occupying their land ;) the so called Israel.

Islam

As for the killing of innocent people, thats not allowed in Islam. And Islam comes from the word Peace, or salam, so it doesnt condone terrorism. But, it will use violence if pushed to, to achieve peace, such is the case in Palestine by the occupiers. Muslims and Jews can live side by side in palestine, but in justness not opression.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Islam said:
Nasrallah and Hamas arent terrorists in the first place. The terrorists are those occupying their land ;) the so called Israel.

so it is alright for these groups to kill children in israel?

robtex

Veteran Member
I see there is another Islam peace thread. I think it is nobel and a just cause of wanting Islam to be a relgion of peace but I don't think qouting the Koran is as important as working on some of the cultural practices of people of that religion.

I think some of the things that would result in better results are the following:

1) equal treatment of women. In the countries, like Saudi, where women have a diminshed status it is hard impossible to justify peace when peace is not practiced against 1/2 the people where the religion is practiced. If the cultural, and I am saying cultural, because that is how the religion is interpreted and it varies from place to place, but if a cultural enquality of women exits I would find it hard to express the practice of the religion used as a religion of peace. This might be a bold statment but this would include women being able to attend mosque, and research the religion including the writing of the hadiths.

2) understanding of christianty. I think there has been a long standing trend for both religions to be appalling uneducated in the other and xenophobia plus an "us vs them" mentality has been instilled culturally. Christians, on the whole are just as guily as muslims of this but I think and understanding of each other is paramount in promoting peace through Islam.

3) understand judiasm. For the same reasons as #2

4) re-examing sufism. I think sufism is a golden egg of Islam. Unfortuntly so few practice it. The most interesting fact about sufism is it is a branch of Islam that does not produce suicide bombers or "warriors of the prophet". I am not asking ****es and Sunnis to convert to sufism but rather to explore it and gain an appreciation for the pacifistic expression of the Islamic religion.

5) openly renounce acts of violence in the name of Allah. This is most important one to me. The acts of violence, suicide bombings, assassinations, holy wars, are done in the name of Allah. This means a recognition is attached as a prerequsite for the behavior invoked. Don't give the recognition but instead do the opposite. Openly abhor acts of violence and SPECIFICALLY STATE THIS IS NOT THE WILL OF ALLAH. Open admonish the partipants time and again and I think it will have a cultural impact on the popularity of these types of events.

kai

ragamuffin
Islam said:
its all so simple why didnt the rest of us think of that? their not terrorists at all.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Islam said:
Is that the same so-called Israel the early Muslims took by force?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Islam said:
As for the killing of innocent people, thats not allowed in Islam. And Islam comes from the word Peace, or salam, so it doesnt condone terrorism. But, it will use violence if pushed to, to achieve peace, such is the case in Palestine by the occupiers. Muslims and Jews can live side by side in palestine, but in justness not opression.
It's always amazed me how some people think the way to achieve peace is to wage war.
The kind of so-called peace achieved by wiping out a population is not peace.

Ezzedean

Snowbear said:
It's always amazed me how some people think the way to achieve peace is to wage war.
The kind of so-called peace achieved by wiping out a population is not peace.

But it's A okay when God wipes out nations within the text of the Bible right?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Ezzedean said:
But it's A okay when God wipes out nations within the text of the Bible right?
I didn't say it was.
Are you justifying the actions of the terrorists of today by what's written about a people that lived many centuries before Muhammed was even born?

Peace4all

the truth only said:

and i will give a proof:

My Dear Brother,

First of all the 99 attributes of Allah SWT are attributes of HIM and really does not have a direct relation to us. If god is the creator does that mean that if we (as humans) don't create that means that we are not Muslims? My point is the 99 names of Allah SWT has nothing to do with this matter.

Before anyone staples me to the "terrorist sympathizer" category I want to say that my above paragraph doesn’t mean that the terrorists are right to kill innocents. Still though, they are still by definition “Muslims” and we can’t just pretend like they are not. What we can do though is prove that the terrorism and Islam are two different things and that they cannot use Islam to support their actions.

gnostic

The Lost One
the truth only said:
islam said:
As for the killing of innocent people, thats not allowed in Islam. And Islam comes from the word Peace, or salam, so it doesnt condone terrorism.
But it does happened. And you are putting your head in the sands, if you think all Muslims does the right thing. Just because Islam may mean "peace", doesn't mean that all Muslims are peaceful.

I don't deny that there are lot of good and innocent Muslims, but you both must understand that are lot of bad Muslims who are ignoring all peaceful messages, not only from Qur'an, but also from their own fellow Muslims and their non-Muslim neighbours.

Islam is more than just about Allah, or about the Qur'an. It is also about the people who follow this religion - the Muslims.

I just wish Muslims like you would stop ignoring that these terrorists are Muslims, because they are Muslims for better or for worse, and it is problem should be dealing with. All you are doing is just letting them have free rein, instead of dealing with or quelling such hatred from these obviously bad Muslims.

kai

ragamuffin
gnostic said:
But it does happened. And you are putting your head in the sands, if you think all Muslims does the right thing.

I don't deny that there are lot of good and innocent Muslims, but you both must understand that are lot of bad Muslims who are ignoring all peaceful messages, not only from Qur'an, but also from their own fellow Muslims and their non-Muslim neighbours.

Islam is more than just about Allah, or about the Qur'an. It is also about the people who follow this religion - the Muslims.

I just wish Muslims like you would stop ignoring that these terrorists are Muslims, because they are Muslims for better or for worse, and it is problem should be dealing with. All you are doing is just letting them have free rein, instead of dealing with or quelling such hatred from these obviously bad Muslims.
the problem is its very difficult for a peacefully and often silent majority to negate a very vociferous and violent minority especially if that minority is spread all around the world

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
jewscout said:
then would you say that Nasrallah and groups like Hamas are, in fact, not muslims?

They are Muslims if they said they are. We are not God to judge people.

jewscout said:
so it is alright for these groups to kill children in israel?

So it is alright for Israel to kill children in Palestine and Lebanon?

Dopn't act the rule of a victim now smarty. :areyoucra

Ody

Grammartime.jpg

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
They are Muslims if they said they are. We are not God to judge people.

So it is alright for Israel to kill children in Palestine and Lebanon?

Dopn't act the rule of a victim now smarty. :areyoucra
i dont think these answers are worthy of a man like , someone like you could actually throw some light onto the thinking of muslims concerning men like Nasrallah

you tell us Islam is peacefull and the prophet forbids the killing of innocents this man advocates violence towards civilians, i for one do not understand the duelism unless all Israelis are considered combatants! is this the case?