• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam = peace

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
robtex said:
This might be a bold statment but this would include women being able to attend mosque, and research the religion including the writing of the hadiths.

Are you talking about islam or Muslims in specific areas?

2) understanding of christianty.

Tell that to the Pope of the Vatican.

3) understand judiasm. For the same reasons as #2

Who doesn't.

4) re-examing sufism. I think sufism is a golden egg of Islam. Unfortuntly so few practice it. The most interesting fact about sufism is it is a branch of Islam that does not produce suicide bombers or "warriors of the prophet". I am not asking ****es and Sunnis to convert to sufism but rather to explore it and gain an appreciation for the pacifistic expression of the Islamic religion.

We don't need sufism to lead us because most of them went astray and they might only hold "islam" just as a name, nothing more.

5) openly renounce acts of violence in the name of Allah. This is most important one to me. The acts of violence, suicide bombings, assassinations, holy wars, are done in the name of Allah.

You don't know how frustrating it's, robtex, when you try to tell people somthing and they keep ignoring it and believe what they have been told through media and some websites. Since i came here i tried to tell people about things i see which they don't, living in the places where they don't. Governments, scholars, organizations and even the expert and well educated individuals are doing their best to guide the young muslims, and to teach those who went astray about the real teaching of islam.

Snowbear said:
Is that the same so-called Israel the early Muslims took by force?

There was no such a thing called "israel" abck then except in your imagination.

Snowbear said:
I didn't say it was.
Are you justifying the actions of the terrorists of today by what's written about a people that lived many centuries before Muhammed was even born?

hehehehe always the so called preachers of peace deny their bloody history which STILL in their very core sciptures. It's so obvious now.

kai

ragamuffin
‡Âlãn‡ said:
Grammartime.jpg
these posts of yours are childish and do not take into account the fact that some people may not have english as their first language or may not have had the education that you have!

Ody

kai said:
these posts of yours are childish and do not take into account the fact that some people may not have english as their first language or may not have had the education that you have!

Too much time on the NSFW forums. I mainly use it when the tone of a debate and how people handle themselves call for it.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
kai said:
i dont think these answers are worthy of a man like , someone like you could actually throw some light onto the thinking of muslims concerning men like Nasrallah

I don't care anymore about my answers because i'm not responsible to explain things for people which they will ignore all over and over. It's already in their mind.

you tell us Islam is peacefull and the prophet forbids the killing of innocents this man advocates violence towards civilians, i for one do not understand the duelism unless all Israelis are considered combatants! is this the case?

If Israel is insisting in invading it's nieghbours so they better watch out.

Ody

The Truth said:

I fail to see why babies should 'watch out' due to the actions of their parents..

kai

ragamuffin
The Truth said:
I don't care anymore about my answers because i'm not responsible to explain things for people which they will ignore all over and over. It's already in their mind. whats wrong with you , you are usaully very articulat and thorough in your information

thats sounds like you beleive that all israelis are combatants

kai

ragamuffin
‡Âlãn‡ said:
Too much time on the NSFW forums. I mainly use it when the tone of a debate and how people handle themselves call for it.

whats an NSFW forum?

gnostic

The Lost One
The Truth said:
They are Muslims if they said they are. We are not God to judge people.
So you don't. Too bad, Muslims can't do the same for the non-Muslims. You have one rule for Muslims, but another one for non-Muslims.

But that's same for all Abrahamic religions. It would seem monotheism breeds intolerance.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
The Truth said:
hehehehe always the so called preachers of peace deny their bloody history which STILL in their very core sciptures. It's so obvious now.
Again you didn't read what I posted. I in no way denyed the bloody history that's in the Bible. My post stated such and I asked you if you are justifying and condoning the current aggressive violence done in the name of Allah by saying (in effect), the Hebrews were violent and bloody thousands of years ago, so it's OK that Muslims do the same today???

Rather than attacking the Bible and saying "they did it," how about actually answering the question(s) or refuting the statements made about your own religion? If you want to attack the history of Christianity, you should either start a new thread or participate in one of the many which already do so. Using the straw man in this manner to avoid answering the question is a futile tactic in a debate thread.

jewscout said:
then would you say that Nasrallah and groups like Hamas are, in fact, not muslims?

well there is a big different between terrorism and resistance

and what Hamas and Nasr allah are doing is not terrorism its resistance , because they are protecting their land and their poeple , they are defencing thier rights , figting for the poeple and the things that they love againts Isreal that is trying to take thier land and kills many annocent poeple for unworthy reason

all nations of the world have an independence day that they celebrate it and look to as the greatest occasion in their history

Peace4all said:

My Dear Brother,

My point is the 99 names of Allah SWT has nothing to do with this matter.

first I wanna thank you for your reply

second :
there is a big relation between Allah names and the matters .

how can you be a beliver in ALLAH name( the peace ) while you are killing annocent poeple ?? while you are a murderer and a terrorism??
how can you be a muslim when your are not beliving in Allah names?

gnostic said:
But it does happened. And you are putting your head in the sands, if you think all Muslims does the right thing. Just because Islam may mean "peace", doesn't mean that all Muslims are peaceful.

I don't deny that there are lot of good and innocent Muslims, but you both must understand that are lot of bad Muslims who are ignoring all peaceful messages, not only from Qur'an, but also from their own fellow Muslims and their non-Muslim neighbours.

Islam is more than just about Allah, or about the Qur'an. It is also about the people who follow this religion - the Muslims.

I just wish Muslims like you would stop ignoring that these terrorists are Muslims, because they are Muslims for better or for worse, and it is problem should be dealing with. All you are doing is just letting them have free rein, instead of dealing with or quelling such hatred from these obviously bad Muslims.

well I want u 2 know that Ialam allowed muslims to fight the poeple hwo are fighting us , and never kill unless you have to

and in the muslims land there were many poeple how were not muslims that lived under the rule of Islam and they had all of their rights , and there still

gnostic

The Lost One
So when extremist Muslims blow up a hotel, restaurant, market or school, that is "never kill unless you have to"?????

I don't see how killing people in market filled with civilians are fighting them. And I am not talking about Israel. I am talking about Iraq. Iraqis killing Iraqis.

The Kurd Iraqis want a separate state, but would the Sunnis allow it? No. They are attacking the Kurds too, not just the Shiites. Did the Kurds attack them? No. It would seem that Muslims need no excuse to kill.

It seem strange that whenever Muslims are in power is ok. And if they are not, then they want a separate state, and not above killing people to get it. And it is not just in the Middle East. It is also happening in southeast Asia, in Thailand, in the Philippines and Indonesia. And it is also happening in Africa.

Do you think it was wrong to murder a nun, just because of what the Pope's said? And even then the Muslims had taken the Pope's speech out of context. Was her murder justified action from Muslim? Were the violent demonstrations taken about the Danish cartoonists justified?

It just showed the Muslims are over-sensitive and hot-headed. Any criticism is met with violence about Islam, prophet or even about Muslims in general. There has been a lot of criticism against the Catholic churches, and that of the Protestant/Anglician churches, but don't see them having violent protests all around the world.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
gnostic said:
So when extremist Muslims blow up a hotel, restaurant, market or school, that is "never kill unless you have to"?????

Your comment imply that Islam support the terrorusts attacks which is totally wrong. Don't mix up things. The OP is about islam but not about a minority misguided muslims.

gnostic said:

I don't see how killing people in market filled with civilians are fighting them. And I am not talking about Israel. I am talking about Iraq. Iraqis killing Iraqis.

The Kurd Iraqis want a separate state, but would the Sunnis allow it? No. They are attacking the Kurds too, not just the Shiites. Did the Kurds attack them? No. It would seem that Muslims need no excuse to kill.

It seem strange that whenever Muslims are in power is ok. And if they are not, then they want a separate state, and not above killing people to get it. And it is not just in the Middle East. It is also happening in southeast Asia, in Thailand, in the Philippines and Indonesia. And it is also happening in Africa.

Do you think it was wrong to murder a nun, just because of what the Pope's said? And even then the Muslims had taken the Pope's speech out of context. Was her murder justified action from Muslim? Were the violent demonstrations taken about the Danish cartoonists justified?

It just showed the Muslims are over-sensitive and hot-headed. Any criticism is met with violence about Islam, prophet or even about Muslims in general. There has been a lot of criticism against the Catholic churches, and that of the Protestant/Anglician churches, but don't see them having violent protests all around the world.

I dont know why u r insisted that muslims are trrorist while all principles in islam are againts terrorism

all poeple are equal in islam
if you have a general look over the sitiuation in iraq u will find that the terrorist are the american soliders and the iraqian poeple are victims and all suicidal explosion served the american goals not the Sunnis goals , cause as long as there is suicidal explosion america can stay in iraq under the excuse : endig the chaos!
all poeple in west have a wrong idea about what is happening in our land becuase of the wrong information that is being shown by the media , but you must read the book (( weapons of mass deception )) this book was writen by the famous american writers: Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber , they have explained how the U.S government used the media to float there wars and how they used the media to make muslims look like terrorist .
they wrote many other books that exposed the american lies.

please before djudging on muslims you must have a good knowledge in islam and the current sitiuation in middle east

Jay said:
Is Nasrallah a terrorist?

and what Hamas and Nasr allah are doing is not terrorism its resistance , because they are protecting their land and their poeple , they are defencing thier rights , figting for the poeple and the things that they love againts Isreal that is trying to take thier land and kills many annocent poeple for no reason

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
the truth only said:
So by the simple expedient of redefining terrorism you allign Islam with those who blow up shwarma stands and lob antipersonnel rockets at arbitrary civilian centers. How very convenient.

gnostic

The Lost One
Sorry, but when the Hamas take responsible for bombing marketplaces and buses full of civilians, or hotels, restaurants and wedding receptions full of guests, then that's classified as terrorists, and the Hamas is a terrorist group. They take great pride in their works, killing non-combatant people. Does targetting a soft target is not a terrorist (civilian areas)?

How does that not classify as terrorists but a resistance fighters?

I have read and seen resistance fighters before, who do not hit at non-combatant targets, but Hamas terrorists do target these soft targets.

Go ahead, you can laud and praise the Hamas for targetting at civilians as resistance fighters. All you are doing is white-washing the truth that they are terrorists.