• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam in the Tanakh and the Bible

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
NO! Islam insinuated itself into pre-existing traditions. Don't YOU get it? If the early followers thought Muhammad was talking about the same thing it is likely everyone would have fallen all over themselves to immediately convert to his creation -- Islam. They didn't. Many thought he was a complete nut and ridiculed him mercilessly because of it.

no, that inaccurate information. you have been illinformed.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
no actually they verify that the quran cannot be the word of a man, but a god creator. and by that they do verify that a man could not possibly have authored the quran.

actually they are scholars, or amybe doctors in their fields. they are non muslims and are from the 21'st century.

So... they believe in God, believe in the truth of the Quran, and believe that Muhammad was the messenger of God.

I'm no theologian, but I think there's a term for these kinds of people: Muslim.

before Muhammed came, judaism could just as well be called "islam" don't you get it.
But it wasn't.

the monotheism belief of the arabs was given the name islam, so monotheism or islam are basically one thing, in a different way (having a different meaning)
Well, if we're playing semantic games, then we can just say that Islam is really just Hinduism.

The real name of Hinduism is "Sanātana Dharma", which means "the eternal law" in Sanskrit. If there was some original religion that Adam practiced, don't you think "the eternal law" is as good a term for it as "submission"?

Ta-da: Hinduism was the first religion. ;)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Now you are not being honest because that is exactly what happened.

why because the quran is similar to the bible and torah?

then i say it isn't because the quran is from god just as it says so. you told me a million times not to reffer to the quran and you yourself just did.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
bo actually, they are proving the quran right, not the life of Muhammed, about muhammed they say that he must have been inspired by god, since man can not author the quran.

and how is it irrelevant?
Perhaps in the bizarre rational of Eselam, but I don't see how this is even related to what we are talking about. I know thinking is not one of your stronger suits, but at least try to understand what is being said to you before you post your response.

Reactions: kai

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
why because the quran is similar to the bible and torah?

then i say it isn't because the quran is from god just as it says so. you told me a million times not to reffer to the quran and you yourself just did.
No, I didn't. You made the claim about Adam being a Muslim, yet you've given no historical evidence of this.

What the Qur'an, Bible and Torah say really doesn't matter much to me.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
ok here's the one of the people who spoke;

1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
if it ain't good enough, please let me know, threse plenty ore from where that came from.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
eselam, if you want to believe that Islam is the oldest religion, fine. Just be honest enough to admit that this belief is taken on faith and is not supported by real factual, historical evidence.

kai

ragamuffin
ok here's the one of the people who spoke;

1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

round and round we go ...scream if you want to go faster.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
like that wasn't expected. told you you must read the book, it's very short, if i could read it, i bet anyone can.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
so then if a faith book is proven right, that means the faith is also right?
Proven right on what? And how would you go about proving such a thing?

Again, if you want to believe that Islam is the oldest religion, fine. Just be honest enough to admit that this belief is taken on faith and is not supported by real factual, historical evidence.