• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Shia Ashura Ceremony (Daily Mail)

I was going to say whats the crack with this ,anyway a Taxi driver has been given a suspended prison sentence for encouraging his 10 year old son to take part in the ritual.
I don't get it,have i missed something,do people really think this is what God wants them to do,is religion that stupid.
Nope... mostly its stuppider. ;)

Its called tradition; You know like the tradition of:

Bull fighting
Bull riding(more dangerous than wipping)
sports
Schooling
Slavery
Etc...

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Its madness,Father,"fancy whipping yourself Son" ,"oh yes please Dad sounds like fun" Son two strokes later "actually Dad it sucks can we go to the movies instead",i suppose i should'nt make fun of it but its like Monty Pythons life of Brian

challupa

Its madness,Father,"fancy whipping yourself Son" ,"oh yes please Dad sounds like fun" Son two strokes later "actually Dad it sucks can we go to the movies instead",i suppose i should'nt make fun of it but its like Monty Pythons life of Brian
You know what I find hard to understand too is manhood initiations in some cultures. I can't imagine having huge hooks implanted into the flesh of my back then jumping off a tower and hanging from these hooks. We all have customs and beliefs that other find hard to understand I guess.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You know what I find hard to understand too is manhood initiations in some cultures. I can't imagine having huge hooks implanted into the flesh of my back then jumping off a tower and hanging from these hooks. We all have customs and beliefs that other find hard to understand I guess.

Yes some manhood initiations are bizarre but it can be worse for Women when they come of age like female cicumcism etc

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We don't have any weird Manhood or religious rituals here the most hardcore thing that happens is you get a new watch and a stretch limo or Rolls Royce for the evening,no flagellation or anything like that.

Alla Prima

Is this all from the Gabriel spoken Quran? what kind of truth is "surely"? seams more of a temptation to prior beliefs to me. maybe the Devil CAN dress as an angel of light.
"surely they will suffer in hell for eternity anyway, so what worth are they?" seams kindof egotistical to me. That verse is also open to interpretation. I believe what it says is that .lava should not even read Alla Prima's words.

Yes it says if you listen to unbelievers you might wise up and become one of them.

.lava

Veteran Member
I was going to say whats the crack with this ,anyway a Taxi driver has been given a suspended prison sentence for encouraging his 10 year old son to take part in the ritual.
I don't get it,have i missed something,do people really think this is what God wants them to do,is religion that stupid.

i can't look at them. religion never tells you to hurt yourself. on the contrary. for example, we have daily salaats to perform. but if someone was ill, then he can perform salaat while sitting on a chair. if he must stay in bed, then he can perform salaat while lying down. there are many very old men and women who's not able to perform salaat as healthy and youngs ones do so they perform it while sitting even in mosques.

grandson of Prophet walked against crulty and injustice therefor he was killed. if a Muslim wants to share his path he should stand against crulty and injustice as he did. hurting physical body is almost insult to body because it is given by God. there are rules in Islam to keep that body healthy and clean. we are not given permission to hurt ourselves knowingly.

challupa

i can't look at them. religion never tells you to hurt yourself. on the contrary. for example, we have daily salaats to perform. but if someone was ill, then he can perform salaat while sitting on a chair. if he must stay in bed, then he can perform salaat while lying down. there are many very old men and women who's not able to perform salaat as healthy and youngs ones do so they perform it while sitting even in mosques.

grandson of Prophet walked against crulty and injustice therefor he was killed. if a Muslim wants to share his path he should stand against crulty and injustice as he did. hurting physical body is almost insult to body because it is given by God. there are rules in Islam to keep that body healthy and clean. we are not given permission to hurt ourselves knowingly.

Keeping the body healthy makes perfect sense to me. I'm a baby when it comes to pain.:yes:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Ther may be Christian Monks doing the same thig and i havve heard that opes DEi
do the same on smaller scal

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Ther may be Christian Monks doing the same thig and i havve heard that opes DEi
do the same on smaller scal
Yeah, i heard pain releases endorphins that make you feel good after pain subsides (or even during pain/ so it hurts but you love it). and Twirling gives you a sort of "high".
laughing gives you endorphins too i think.

Amica

Islam is most misunderstood religion in the world, and for sure, some of people who claim to abide by it do not contribute to helping in better understanding of Islam.

Any person honest with himself/herself, Muslim or non-Muslim, cannot argue that Islam based on its true source (Qur'an) instructs evil, supports killing out of blue, mistreatment of women, etc. It just simply does not. A lot of Muslims who also refuse to acknowlege the true nature of Islam as seen through the Noble Qur'an feed their own lack of knowledge of Islam with falsified hadiths they call "of divine nature." And, they are often very quick to call anyone infidel, blasphemer, etc. who contradicts hadith-fuelled non-Qur'anic beliefs (i.e. "honor" murders, stoning, etc).

I have a blog on wordpress called: Have You Met Islam. Although my blog is fairly new, I try to battle with common misconceptions about Islam through the light of Qur'an (the true wordly source of Islam that we have today) and some of the hadiths (that do not contradict the Qur'an).

I am not a scholar, historian, a professor, or such. So, one may leave or take what I say. But, with your translation of interpretation of the meaning of the Noble Qur'an, you are free to determine whether what I say is true or false.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Islam is most misunderstood religion in the world, and for sure, some of people who claim to abide by it do not contribute to helping in better understanding of Islam.

Any person honest with himself/herself, Muslim or non-Muslim, cannot argue that Islam based on its true source (Qur'an) instructs evil, supports killing out of blue, mistreatment of women, etc. It just simply does not. A lot of Muslims who also refuse to acknowlege the true nature of Islam as seen through the Noble Qur'an feed their own lack of knowledge of Islam with falsified hadiths they call "of divine nature." And, they are often very quick to call anyone infidel, blasphemer, etc. who contradicts hadith-fuelled non-Qur'anic beliefs (i.e. "honor" murders, stoning, etc).

I have a blog on wordpress called: Have You Met Islam. Although my blog is fairly new, I try to battle with common misconceptions about Islam through the light of Qur'an (the true wordly source of Islam that we have today) and some of the hadiths (that do not contradict the Qur'an).

I am not a scholar, historian, a professor, or such. So, one may leave or take what I say. But, with your translation of interpretation of the meaning of the Noble Qur'an, you are free to determine whether what I say is true or false.

Welcome to RF, Amica. Have you heard of the No True Scotsman fallacy?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer

Even if I would want to suppose that Islam is a perfect body of teachings noble in spirit, what I wish to understand is why do Muslims tend to think that other religions are wrong? For example, do you believe that Hinduism (or Christianity) is as noble as Islam? Would you account for what you feel are differences between Islam and other religions as merely differences in expression from a different point of view and not inherently untrue? I feel you would be unable to accept this proposition. Would I therefore be wrong in saying that in the end this is what Islam teaches - that it is the only true religion and all other religions are trash?