• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i have posted this thread because i recon that many non muslims have no idea about islam and what sort of religion it is, well appart from the lies that are shown on tv, so i though i would give you a chance to make any questions that you want, and inshallah i will answer them , but i do not have limmitlesknowledge and so in some parts i may not be able to give good answers i hope no one would mind about that.
so who ever wishe to make a start please do so and i well get back to you as soon as possible.

all the best wishes

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Can a Muslim have a dog as a house pet?
+ what would be the punishment, if it's 'A'sharia?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Is Obama a 'house negro'?

get out of here don i don't want no drama... actually, go ahead keep writing.:popcorn:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Can a Muslim have a dog as a house pet?
+ what would be the punishment, if it's 'A'sharia?

we can have a dog as a pet but not inside the house, the angels of Allah will not enter the house if there are photos and dogs in it. there is no punishmet against it but we do not keep dogs for that reason,

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
A non-believer. In this case, a non-believer of Islam.

BTW, this question is sincere, i have seen quotes from the Qua'ran supporting and rejecting this idea.

those verses talk about the time of war. we are in no way allowed to harm any non muslims, we are actually encouraged to forgive them no matter what they have done because our reward becomes greatter and then we let Allah to decide for the punishment.
but those verses speak about war, and the only time a muslim is allowed to harm a non muslim is when his home is invaded (ie his contry), when they (the non muslims) make a promise tu us that they will not go agains us but then they do, and so on. even in these situations we are not to harm them, we need to treat them like human beings and not like animals, because then in judgment day we will be punished if we go agaisnt the Kur'an (the word of Allah)
i hope thats enough information for you to understand but if not then tell me, i may be able to exapnd a bit more and give examples

those verses talk about the time of war. we are in no way allowed to harm any non muslims, we are actually encouraged to forgive them no matter what they have done because our reward becomes greatter and then we let Allah to decide for the punishment.
but those verses speak about war, and the only time a muslim is allowed to harm a non muslim is when his home is invaded (ie his contry), when they (the non muslims) make a promise tu us that they will not go agains us but then they do, and so on. even in these situations we are not to harm them, we need to treat them like human beings and not like animals, because then in judgment day we will be punished if we go agaisnt the Kur'an (the word of Allah)
i hope thats enough information for you to understand but if not then tell me, i may be able to exapnd a bit more and give examples

That is fair, can you provide me with some scripture?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
well at the moment no but maybe tommorrow, i have to do some reading, i can't remember any of the verses. i hope you don't mind

Luminous

non-existential luminary
That one Islamic representative of the Al'Qaeda . he is 2nd in command or something. and said that Obama was a "house negro" that served the white secularists. He said that Obama was an infedil for rejecting his fathers religion, 'islam'(even though the man never even raised Barak.)
And than he contradicted the statement that America was still the same by saying that his people had to keep using their terrorist tactics because Obama's election was a sign that the tactics were working and Islam was winning The war they started against innocent agnostics who live near the Atheists, Christians, and Jews. mostly christians.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
That one Islamic representative of the Al'Qaeda . he is 2nd in command or something. and said that Obama was a "house negro" that served the white secularists. He said that Obama was an infedil for rejecting his fathers religion, 'islam'(even though the man never even raised Barak.)

well to be honest with you i really don't follow any of the alqaida. i do not know what he has meant by a "house negro", but he has probably said that because he's father as you say was a muslim and obama went against the religion of his father, i.e. joined the enemie of alqaida, thats what i think of it but i really have no idea.

And than he contradicted the statement that America was still the same by saying that his people had to keep using their terrorist tactics because Obama's election was a sign that the tactics were working and Islam was winning The war they started against innocent agnostics who live near the Atheists, Christians, and Jews.

about this part i have no idea of any kind, i do not know of any alqaida tacktics and i do not know what they have to do with obama being elected, but about the winning thing, i have to say that they are right. islam is winnig, i do not know if you agree with me but thats how i see it. and to give a big perspective of my own even though i have no knowledge on the matter alqaida and the US are like 1+1=2 they are together, i however do not know much about it but anyway.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
here are the verses for you Don:

(2:190) And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight against you but do not commit aggression because AIIah does not like aggressors

(2:191) Fight against them wherever they confront you in combat and drive them out from where they drove you out. Though killing is bad. persecution is worse than killing. Do not fight against them near the Masjid Haram (the kabba) unless they attack you there.

(2:192) And if they attack you first (even in that sacred area), strike them (without any hesitation); this is the due punishment for such disbelievers. If, however, they desist from fighting (you should also do likewise), and know that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

(2:193) Go on fighting with them till there is no more a state of tribulation and Allah's way is established instead. Then if they desist from it, there should be no more hostility except against those who had been guilty of cruelty and brutality.

(2:194) A prohibited month is to be respected, if the same is respected (by the enemy), and likewise there is the law of just retribution for the violation of all prohibited things. Therefore, if anyone transgresses a prohibition by attacking you, you may do likewise, but always fear AIIah and bear in mind that Allah is with those who desist from breaking Allah's bounds.

there are many more but it would take me ages to find all of them, but if you want i can post them when i do find them.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
here are the verses for you Don:

(2:190) And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight against you but do not commit aggression because AIIah does not like aggressors

I knew it! 9/11 was a direct violation of the Qur'an!

(BTW, there are no winners in a war between terrorists)

Well, back on topic. I am interested in Islam (though I've no intention of converting), and do have a Qur'an myself. (Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation... beautiful it is.) But I've only read the first five Surahs, so I'm still new to it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I knew it! 9/11 was a direct violation of the Qur'an!

did you read my previous post to Devine Spear? i said that Al'qaida + US = 1.
no muslim goes agaisnt the Kur'an, and i have to say that it was the US who planned that attack, a muslim is not allowed to do that, go read the verse again.

(BTW, there are no winners in a war between terrorists)

and can the same thing be said about the Taliban? i do not know much about Al'qaida but i do know some things about the taliban. and they are not terrorists.

BTW can you define a terrorist to me.

Well, back on topic. I am interested in Islam (though I've no intention of converting), and do have a Qur'an myself. (Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation... beautiful it is.) But I've only read the first five Surahs, so I'm still new to it.

if it has a commentary it will be easier for you to understand it. some parts are confusing if you are not a muslim and so the commentary is a big help sometimes, it sure is for me, and i'm a muslim.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Trust me... I agree.

no muslim goes agaisnt the Kur'an, and i have to say that it was the US who planned that attack, a muslim is not allowed to do that, go read the verse again.

Okay. "Don't be aggressive."

and can the same thing be said about the Taliban? i do not know much about Al'qaida but i do know some things about the taliban. and they are not terrorists.

Never called them terrorists. I know very little about the Taliban, but I know they have not invaded or attacked anyone. I also know that Al-Qaeda and the Taliban are not synonymous.

Sure.

By the definition being used now, anyone who attacks unprovoked. Bush did just that when he bombed Baghdad, and I believe Al-Qaeda, while they didn't take responsibility (as far as I know) for the 9/11 attack, did take responsibility (if memory serves me right) for the London bombing a few years later.

By my own definition, I go by the word itself: anyone who, through whatever means, uses fear as a tool for power. So it can be used not just in politics, but even news broadcasters who decide to only print scary stories so people watch them and not others. Death doesn't have to be involved. It's not "Killist", after all. :D

kai

ragamuffin

I am afraid its against US law to do that so it wasnt them either ,who could it have been ? what a mystery?

The poor ,poor Taliban being picked on by the great satan

I thought for one minute this was a serious thread but alas ,

if it has a commentary it will be easier for you to understand it. some parts are confusing if you are not a muslim and so the commentary is a big help sometimes, it sure is for me, and i'm a muslim.

By the way esalam do you still think God makes thunder?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
By the way esalam do you still think God makes thunder?

no i found the answer. i just need to make some clouds and join them together so that i can show you: hamster :. can you tell me how to do that? oh wait god knows how to do that, and you aren't god are you :bonk:

sorry for doing this but i just had too, i hope you can forgive me :D:D:D, i just can't beleive that you would ask me that. :eek: