• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS, Daesh, Boko Haram and the hypocrisy of it all

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is time that all of us who are for and against the ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) and Bokoharam ( Wilāyat Gharb Ifrīqīyyah or Islamic State of West Africa Province) to know the reality and the truth behind them all. This writing will not cover the political aspects, history of these movements but rather discuss the theological basis they stand with and the sheer hypocrisy of it all.

Muslims world over have begun movements voicing against the tyrannical and murderous movements such as ISIS but most of them are very quick to say that their ideas don't have anything to do with Islam, me having been one. But you must understand that they call themselves Muslims, their oath or the Shahadha is most probably the same as yours, and they say Allahu Akbar (God is great) in the face of good things as well as executions, beheading's and genocide.

Islamic state is a definition of a new and emerging theocracy that’s trying to establish a Khalifate in the new world, an empire like the old, a supreme leader like the prophet and the following Khalifs and an empire that spans the world where the sun never sets. There have been many who have migrated to live and die in the name of the new empire, some just to join the army as an individual, some with their whole family. Even form a country as small and far away from all of this, an estimated 30 to 60 people have migrated to the ISIS controlled Levant. Where does the fuel for the kind of effort needed for planning and executing of the migration come from? Have you ever pondered? Do you still deny that there cannot be any substantial reasoning for this? Well, there is. This piece will try and show you the traditions that fueled it, and the hypocrisy against the true theology this theocracy has hijacked.

It has been evident that the movement is not only waging war against Armies and governments but also against people who do or seem to belong to a different faith or belief system. Be it a human who worships a different God or simply has a different oath. What do they deem this act? Cleansing? I simply deem it Tyranny.

Well wouldn't anyone wonder "where they got their war mongering ideology from"?

Its in the year 632 the prophet Muhammed died. Centuries after his death there emerged scholars who collected stories attributed to the prophet using sciences to analyse and authenticate what stories were authentic and not. When these were documented by famous scholars like Imam Bukhari, it was eight generations later taking that a generation lasts 30 years. These stories were handed down or told to one another transmitted through eight generations.

This is where they get it from.

Martyrdom

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said, "Nobody who dies and finds good from Allah (in the Hereafter) would wish to come back to this world even if he were given the whole world and whatever is in it, except the martyr who, on seeing the superiority of martyrdom, would like to come back to the world and get killed again (in Allah's Cause)."
Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "A single endeavor (of fighting) in Allah's Cause in the afternoon or in the forenoon is better than all the world and whatever is in it. A place in Paradise as small as the bow or lash of one of you is better than all the world and whatever is in it. And if a houri from Paradise appeared to the people of the earth, she would fill the space between Heaven and the Earth with light and pleasant scent and her head cover is better than the world and whatever is in it." - Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:53

Jihad

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihid died the death of a hypocrite. 'Abdullah b. Mubarak said: We think the hadith pertained to the time of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) - Sahih Muslim, 20:4696

Murdering those who don't follow your creed

Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah." Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have." - Sahih al-Bukhari, 1:8:387

Though I do not wish to discuss the science of authentication etc, there is a concept called Mutawathir which means mass communicated stories. More people say it, the more authentic it is.

"I have been commanded to fight people until they say 'there is no God but Allah (the God)'"

There are many more stories like this.

But how could one not see that these contradict the book you call the "Criterion" or "Furqan"? A criterion is the yardstick, why would you measure the yardstick with the cloth? Evidence shows that all of these stories contradict the Quran and one must decide which should be taken as the measurement. But we must also understand that this is the premise most use for their agenda and as a people living in a scientific world we must read, understand and transmit what we read. These contradict your Quran and must be thrown out of the theology you believe. Islam is Peace, we Muslims are the problem.

Is Islam a religion of Tyranny? If that is the case why would the phrase Islam mean peace? The word Islam has two key meanings, Submission and Peace. Being called to be Submissive and Peaceful how could Muslims go about killing people who are assessed to speak a different creed? What is the justification? There seems to be a huge blunder someone has committed and we are all just paying lip service without digging a bit to find why. Those who call themselves Muslims must understand what it is first, also those who call themselves non-Muslims must also understand why, if not the generalisations, polarisations and the escape strategies will keep moving forward while our children and neighbours will have field days with this theocracy in the very near future.

Theology vs Theocracy
Theology in a few words is the understanding of Theos (God or Divinity in Greek) and the answers to questions like who is God, what is his nature etc while the most pertinent question being "How do we behave in life". Theocracy in a nutshell is trying to go back in time and take away the current leaderships and systems to make the world or a part of it in your ideological geographical definition a state ruled by religious law defined by your religious leaders. Theocracy maybe the most hurting problem in the world today, though they go hand in hand, theology maybe the only rescue stratagem, if understood, thus this attempt that may bring a lot of flack.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I take your life “In the name of God”

Akbar is not just a word used for God. If you are the better salesman in your team you can be called Akbar in a sentence. You are greater. This phrase is used to say that God is greater, always, against anything and anyone. If God is greater than you, why are we not following his words. Oh but it’s a hell of a world, because we “think” we can use Gods word for our tyranny, and we do go killing in the name of God. There is a small phrase of two words to describe this whole thing, “We Can’t”.

But look at our work my brothers and sisters, we have used one of the best teachings in the Quran to go against God. The following verse has a great commandment not to kill an innocent, but in our skewed minds this verse also leaves room for our own interpretation of who is innocent. Does this verse really leave room to define anyone we want as a recipient of the death sentence? Even the famous Islam Reform proponent Irshad Manji quotes this verse to show that Muslims have an excuse to commit atrocities based on this interpretation. The Quran gives examples that people with brains to reflect Look harder, it DOES NOT.

It is because of this that we have decreed for the Children of Israel: Anyone who kills a person who has not committed murder, “or who has not committed corruption in the land”; then it is as if he has killed all the people! And whoever spares a life, then it is as if he has given life to all the people.” Our messengers had come to them with clarities, but many of them are, after this, still corrupting on the Earth. – Quran 5:32

As you can see, this verse clearly tells you that death sentence is delivered only to a murderer, but hey, there is a phrase that says - Or who has not committed “corruption in the land” (Aw fasadhin fil ardhi). Thus we think that we can assign that to a person who does a prayer differently, or prays to another deity. Nope, this actually means yourself. What in the world can this “CORRUPTION IN THE LAND” mean? It’s very simple, the Quran itself defines it.

The Quran gives an explicit example for us to reflect upon. Us, the readers.

And in the city were nine ruffians who were causing “corruption in the land” (Yufsidhoona fil ardhi), and they were not reforming. They said: “Swear by God” to one another that we will attack him and his family at night, and we will then say to his supporters: “We did not witness who murdered his family, and we are being truthful” – Quran 27:48-49

Read that verse again and focus on the few words within quotations. These two verses have the phrase "Aw fasadhin fil ardhi" & "Yufsidhoona fil ardhi", both "corruption in the land" of which the example is "murdering in the name of God". They say to one another that they “Swear by God” about attacking and killing a family at night. This is taken as committing corruption in the land, which ironically is what we are doing. Our own God, in our own scripture says that he schemes against us.

And they schemed a scheme and we schemed a scheme, while they did not notice. – Quran 27:50

It is a challenge for the likes of Irshad Manji, with all due respect, to please dig a little deeper.

There’s More

Check the beginning of the Quran, Chapter 2:11. “Do not cause corruption in the land” (La thufsidhu fil ardha”. If you read the surrounding verses it goes like this

• There are people who claim to believe in God (Allah = Al-Ilah or The God)
• They seek to deceive God and those who believe
• They have a disease in their hearts
• When they are told not to cause “corruption in the land” they say “Nope, we have come as REFORMERS”
• But actually they are the corruptors.
• When they meet a believer they say we believe, but inside their hearts they do not.
• Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return.

Who is God talking about? It cannot be someone who claims to be a non-believer as said by most.

Same Surah, Chapter 2:11 says that it is those who has already pledged their allegiance to God, believers, who will cause corruption in the land (Yufsidhuna Fil Ardhi). If you read further you will see

“Among the people is he whose talk about worldly life impresses you, and he holds Allah witness to what is in his heart, though he is the staunchest of enemies. And if he were to wield authority, he would try to cause corruption in the land, and to ruin the crop and the stock, and Allah does not like corruption. – Quran 2:204-205

The corrupter's life impresses you. I am sure you cant put a Christian or a different sect into this category. They don’t impress you. It is your own who can impress you, but they are the enemy. And when he has power he will cause “corruption in the land” (Fil Ardhi liyufsidha fiha). Read the above verse again.

It is not those who call themselves Christian, Jew, Athiest or polytheist who are deemed here as against God, it those who pledge alliance with God, as in claim to be believers who fall into this category. Generally the reader if he is a Muslim he thinks, “Oh this is talking about others”, if he is a Christian he thinks “Oh this is about me”, Islam is a murderous religion.

No my brothers and sisters, read as a reader, as in first person. In terms of media science It is "one to one communication".

Going back to verses 27:48 and 49 it will clearly show you that those who cause corruption in the land are

• those who claim or pretend to believe,
• they swear by God (Allah) and murder people.

Their punishment is death.

And in the city were nine ruffians who were causing “corruption in the land” (Yufsidhoona fil ardhi), and they were not reforming. They said: “Swear by God” to one another that we will attack him and his family at night, and we will then say to his supporters: “We did not witness who murdered his family, and we are being truthful”

God has a nice parable to the “Corruptors of the land”. Read in the 2nd Surah of the Quran.

2:26 God does not shy away from putting forth the example of a mosquito, or anything above it. As for those who believe, they know that it is the truth from their Lord. As for the rejecters, they say: “What does God intend with this example?” He strays many by it, and He guides many by it; but He only strays by it the wicked.

2:27 The ones who break the pledge to God after making its covenant, and they sever what God had ordered to be delivered, and they make corruption on the earth (Yufsidhuna Fil Ardha); these are the losers.

The parable of the mosquito or the Gnat is for those who cause corruption in the land. Wonder what the significance of that is!

• They suck blood
• Mosquitos are recognized as the deadliest creatures in the world. The anopheles kills approximately 1 million human beings a year.

Those who swear by God (Kalu thaka samu biullah) and without reforming murder people. They are the corruptors of the land. They are the ones who are defined in the verses. They pledge their will to God first, claim to be believers, you will be impressed by them, but when they wield power they corrupt and murder. This is their personality. Put the cap if it fits, or think for yourself who fits the cap. Most of all, read the book as if you are reading it for yourself. And especially if you are a person who claims to believe in the Quran (Reading), believes it is the Furqan (the criterion), then follow through with it. Shun those who causes corruption in the land, because they are doing in the name of God and Messenger.

Peace.

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Fantastic but one thing that should be mentioned is Rape in the Quran and ISIL. I mean I have heard Muslim Women defend rape one even said: Sex with a slave girl gives her freedom. Or something to that effect. It's repulsive for a woman to defend rape and what that moron said doesn't do Islam any favors.

Laika

Premium Member
@firedragon

I am very grateful for someone actually quoting verses of scripture and using the quranic methods for interpreting their validity. This is a very welcome and refreshing depature from most debates regarding Islam. it is something I would aspire to but I don't have the level of knowledge or familarity on the subject to do it myself and reach a well-founded conclusion. I'm very jelous. keep it up. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is Islam a religion of Tyranny? If that is the case why would the phrase Islam mean peace? The word Islam has two key meanings, Submission and Peace.

I have been told that Islam does not actually mean peace. It turns out that an Arabic word for "peace" is contained in the word for "Islam", apparently.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Islam is a cancer upon the civilized world.
What other religion in today's world advocates bombing, beheading, murder, torture, rape,
all excusable as "doing the will of some god"?
Fantastic but one thing that should be mentioned is Rape in the Quran and ISIL. I mean I have heard Muslim Women defend rape one even said: Sex with a slave girl gives her freedom. Or something to that effect. It's repulsive for a woman to defend rape and what that moron said doesn't do Islam any favors.
With all due respect, I must say that the idea of rape and slavery etc in the Quran are not true at all. It is a hypocritical rendering if dug deep is very apparent.

And after reading the original posts, can you post quotes for the claims in be headings, bombings etc.

It is always more authentic to have evidence so that we actually show that we live in a scientific world.

I'm on the phone, when I am on a PC, I will post a new thread on slavery.

Peace.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have been told that Islam does not actually mean peace. It turns out that an Arabic word for "peace" is contained in the word for "Islam", apparently.

It definitely is. I so far have not seen any negation on that by anyone who knows a bit of Arabic.

Cheers.

Kori

With all due respect, I must say that the idea of rape and slavery etc in the Quran are not true at all. It is a hypocritical rendering if dug deep is very apparent.

And after reading the original posts, can you post quotes for the claims in be headings, bombings etc.

It is always more authentic to have evidence so that we actually show that we live in a scientific world.

I'm on the phone, when I am on a PC, I will post a new thread on slavery.

Peace.

I tired looking up Rape in Islam on Goggle but nothing war really satisfactory to post. Also I am using a Dell Latitude I bought at a computer repair store that uses Linux and not everything works perfectly but I only experience annoyances with is. For $30 bucks it is wonderful. Anyway I'll look at that thread.

Kori

I'm not talking about slavery I'm talking about rape. Also a woman needs four MALE witnesses to have a chance at getting justice. Yeah that's realistic. A vile wretched monster is going to rape a woman in front of four men that will take her side. Please do not insult my intelligence with such pro-rape nonsense.

I found something.
Surah (24:4) Those who accuse honorable women (of unchastity) but do not produce four (male)witnesses, flog them with eighty lashes, and do not admit their testimony ever after. They are indeed transgressors,

firedragon

Veteran Member
I'm not talking about slavery I'm talking about rape. Also a woman needs four MALE witnesses to have a chance at getting justice. Yeah that's realistic. A vile wretched monster is going to rape a woman in front of four men that will take her side. Please do not insult my intelligence with such pro-rape nonsense.

I found something.
Surah (24:4) Those who accuse honorable women (of unchastity) but do not produce four (male)witnesses, flog them with eighty lashes, and do not admit their testimony ever after. They are indeed transgressors,

Nope. That is adultery where you need four witnesses. Youve got it wrong. And whats the prorape nonsense I quoted sis?

So you found a seemingly prorape quote on the internet.

Have you read this verse?

1. Someones accusing an independent woman of adultery.
2. They don't produce 4 witnesses.
3. The accusers are punished for false accusation.

No need for context, just read the same verse and you will see that what you think is wrong.

Kori

Nope. That is adultery where you need four witnesses. Youve got it wrong. And whats the prorape nonsense I quoted sis?

So you found a seemingly prorape quote on the internet.

Have you read this verse?

1. Someones accusing an independent woman of adultery.
2. They don't produce 4 witnesses.
3. The accusers are punished for false accusation.

No need for context, just read the same verse and you will see that what you think is wrong.

So you mean to tell me that the oppression of women, the fact they have almost no human rights, their submission, and the fact they are no where close to being an equal to a man is wrong?

Hmm...

Attachments

• Saudi-Arabia-flag.jpg
    Saudi-Arabia-flag.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 157

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

I found something.

Can a man rape a woman if she isn't alone?

The woman in Islam is protected by a man, from her own family or an employed one.
She has always a body guard.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Can a man rape a woman if she isn't alone?

The woman in Islam is protected by a man, from her own family or an employed one.
She has always a body guard.

Actually brother, what she means is not that a woman is protect or not.

Her question is that Islam in the Quran allows rape of slave girls or non-consensual sex is prescribed. Of course not, but thats her question.

Peace.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Sex isn't allowed without marriage contract.
Religion is all about good morals, so raping women doesn't make sense
as to be a part of any religion.

Tomorrows_Child

Sex isn't allowed without marriage contract.
Religion is all about good morals, so raping women doesn't make sense
as to be a part of any religion.

What confounds me is that people from countries where rape carries a sentence of maybe 2 years, if that and then a name on a register would try and belittle a religion with a far severe punishment for that crime. It's all very hypocritical.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
People who say yes to Saudi atrocities of killing gay men, atheists, free speech advocates, poets and journalists, non Muslims practicing in public, etc and also say that atrocities of Islamic kings in India that destroyed much of India's wealth is the best thing to happen to India has the audacity to say that beef should be legal in India, brutal methods like halal shouldnt be banned in India and that anyone who questions Islam is a Muslim hater while talking shots at the indian caste system that most Hindus today reject.
-The Islam above.