• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
EnhancedSpirit said:
Didn't Jesus use 'witchcraft and magic'? People have a hard time understanding the spiritual because the physical is in the way. Jesus said that only through him. . . , and in his Name . . . . . but he never said to worship him as God. It's not about Jesus the man, it's about Christ, the spirit. And when you say in Jesus' name, that is not his name, that is his name translated several times. And then we are stuck in the tower of babble. What language is the right language. Whose NAME is the right name? The energy to heal is the same healing energy wether it comes from a Presbyterian Preacher, an african witch-doctor, a catholic priest, or a Wicca priestess. The energy to perform miracles is the same energy for casting spells.

As Jeffrey said, I agree with you completely on this one.
As I have mentioned before, when I give healing, I make sure to tell people that the healing is from God, but if was wrong to use this 'power', would God actually permit us to use it?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
As Jeffrey said, I agree with you completely on this one.
As I have mentioned before, when I give healing, I make sure to tell people that the healing is from God, but if was wrong to use this 'power', would God actually permit us to use it?
Exactly the I was trying to say last night. All power comes from God. And I do not believe in satan, and even if he did exist, I do not feel he has the power to heal... As Christ himself said.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I am afraid that the purpose of this thread, the invitation to those who believe in the inherent "evil" nature of Wicca, provided for many hurt feelings. :(

Many, many posts were difficult for me to read. It's brought tears to my eyes seeing the pain. :(

I'm sorry, Jeffrey. I wish that your wife wasn't so distraught right now. I sincerely hope, though, that you weren't starting this thread looking for a fight in order to protect and care for your lady. :hug: I believe that method only ends up in more hurt than not.

I have the same views as EnhancedSpirit, btw. When the motivation to heal is pure, then the method is merely the tool. It is all inherent on what exists in the healer's heart and motivation that matters. :)

Peace,
Mystic

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
MysticSang'ha said:
I am afraid that the purpose of this thread, the invitation to those who believe in the inherent "evil" nature of Wicca, provided for many hurt feelings. :(

Many, many posts were difficult for me to read. It's brought tears to my eyes seeing the pain.

I'm sorry, Jeffrey. I wish that your wife wasn't so distraught right now. I sincerely hope, though, that you weren't starting this thread looking for a fight in order to protect and care for your lady. :hug: I believe that method only ends up in more hurt than not.

I have the same views as EnhancedSpirit, btw. When the motivation to heal is pure, then the method is merely the tool. It is all inherent on what exists in the healer's heart and motivation that matters. :)

Peace,
Mystic
Very well said.
goodpost.gif

Draka

Wonder Woman
By the time I got to the end of the posts to be all caught up my general point had been made on the last page or two.:eek:

As E_S mentioned...the "energy" used is the same throughout. The energy, Divine, Whole, whatever you may call it is what runs through everything. In my belief, gods and goddesses, whichever ones you believe in, are mere manifestations of this Divine. They take on the form needed. Making each god or goddess, from whatever religion, as valid as the next. Therefore, the "good" recieved from the Christian god is the same as the "good" recieved from Brigit, Pan, Isis, Odin, or whatever you call upon. They all are part of the same thing...the same "energy" or "Divine". The different manifestations are because of the differences in people themselves. The way people think and percieve and understand are different...therefore it makes sense the the Divine be percieved in different ways as well.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but me, but oh, well. It's just how I see it. If that makes me evil then so be it :curtsy: :D

Bishka

Veteran Member
Draka said:
By the time I got to the end of the posts to be all caught up my general point had been made on the last page or two.:eek:

As E_S mentioned...the "energy" used is the same throughout. The energy, Divine, Whole, whatever you may call it is what runs through everything. In my belief, gods and goddesses, whichever ones you believe in, are mere manifestations of this Divine. They take on the form needed. Making each god or goddess, from whatever religion, as valid as the next. Therefore, the "good" recieved from the Christian god is the same as the "good" recieved from Brigit, Pan, Isis, Odin, or whatever you call upon. They all are part of the same thing...the same "energy" or "Divine". The different manifestations are because of the differences in people themselves. The way people think and percieve and understand are different...therefore it makes sense the the Divine be percieved in different ways as well.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but me, but oh, well. It's just how I see it. If that makes me evil then so be it :curtsy: :D

The only differnece is that myself and Dawny both see that they are not the same thing. That the good from Brigit, Pan, etc. is not the same as from our God. That's our point, and what we believe.:flower:

Ody

beckysoup61 said:
The only differnece is that myself and Dawny both see that they are not the same thing. That the good from Brigit, Pan, etc. is not the same as from our God. That's our point, and what we believe.:flower:

We all worship the same higher power, one G-d, many names...

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
beckysoup61 said:
But, there is only one God. And this is an English word, and not even HIS name, but a title. What would 'your God' be called in another language, or another time, when English was not even around yet. Wicca focus on the divine feminine (the holy spirit), while Christians focus on the Christ, and Jews and Muslims focus on the Father. All three are correct, and all three are incomplete views of THE ONE WHO STARTED IT ALL.

Draka

Wonder Woman
beckysoup61 said:

Then how do you veiw that all these other relgions have good to them that are not "of Christ"? All over the world, in the present and throughout history, there is good and commonality throughout religions. Are they all just "hidden evil" or "of Satan"? How can it possibly be that the only true "good" comes only from Christians? Especially when it is a baby of religions on this planet? (Baby meaning young...not infantile mind you)

Ody

AlanGurvey said:
After all its the name that doesn't count, its the being itself, or are you going to concede to alex garcias statements! :)

Bishka

Veteran Member
AlanGurvey said:

Like I said, we believe differently and if you believe He is the same God, why not call Him that?

What is so wrong with us believing differently?:flower:

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
beckysoup61 said:
Like I said, we believe differently and if you believe He is the same God, why not call Him that?

Like I said, the tower of Babble, as soon as we started speaking different languages it came hard enough to talk about everyday things, let alone spiritual matters. What would your God have been called before English? And how would he have presented himself to the people who did not live in the places that Jesus lived?

Booko

Deviled Hen
jeffrey said:
From another thread, a well known member stated that Wicca was evil. I myself find just the opposite. I find Wiccans to be, as a whole, more open minded, less judgemental, more loving, more "Christ like" then alot of Christians, less bigoted. How could this be evil?

ibid.

It's a common enough thing for people to describe other beliefs as "evil," usually before they bother to find out what the beliefs actually entail. <shrug>

Draka

Wonder Woman
beckysoup61 said:

But why should everyone call "Him" as you do? There is no "right or wrong" name for something so beyond us. And if you go by the line of though as I do...then "He" is merely ONE aspect/manifestation of something that is all the same throughout religions. It is how YOU see god. Doesn't mean that others don't see god/goddess in another way and yet it all come from the same Source. This makes everyone's religion as valid and substantiated as the next. We see with different eyes...both internal and external...physical and spiritual. Doesn't make certain ones "evil" or "good"...all are just as true.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FFH said:
We must do all things in the name of Jesus Christ. It is only by hispower and authority that we perform miracles, if we are to call ourselves Christian.

You know, now that I think about it, I can't ever recall a Wiccan talking about performing miracles. And I've known quite a few, very close up.

Given a choice between a Wiccan and someone who continually rails at me about the importance of me believing exactly as they do, you can probably guess which neighbor I'll choose.

btw, I was raised a Christian, and in our church we did all sorts of things in Jesus' name. Feed the poor. Help addicts by supporting halfway houses. You know, that sort of thing. I don't recall anyone in the church saying much about members of the congregation being expected to do any miracles either. They still called themselves Christian.

Booko

Deviled Hen
evearael said:
There is nothing evil about Wicca. However, there are a small group of people who call themselves Wiccan, when in fact they only follow the Rede when it is convenient to them, are generally ignorant of the faith, and are often the antithesis of what a legitimate Wiccan should be. All faiths have this issue. Also, Michel, most Wiccans I've know don't claim the healing they channel to be their own, but their Deity's, and ask permission first.

I've run across a couple of people who called themselves neo-pagans who sound very much like this. And watched the Wiccans patiently explain to them why it would be more accurate if they just called themselves hedonists and be done with it.

And yes, all belief systems have the problem of those who claim the name but don't play the game.

Booko

Deviled Hen
dawny0826 said:
I was talking about spiritual healing as opposed to physical healing. There is a difference.

I'm not so sure about this. Sometimes it seems the physical and spiritual ailments are inextricably intertwined.

Booko

Deviled Hen
dawny0826 said:
But according to the WORD...there is no middle ground that we create for ourselves...this safe zone where we can believe in what we want and do as we please and pick and choose biblical principles that work for us.
I agree with you Dawny, that we don't get to do what we please and pick the principles that work for us.

The problem I'm having in reading some of this is the idea that there's only one proper idea of the Christian God. Uh...there are several actually, even ignoring all the ones that were declared heretical. And then there's the different pov of God from Judaism to Christianity, which point to the same source material. Personally, it seems to me the Muslim version of God and the original Abrahamic view have more in common with each other than the Christian God-concept does. Mind you, I'm not saying that yours is wrong -- I'm just musing about how two so different povs from the same source material can point to the same thing and all.

I guess I don't see it quite as black and white as you seem to. That is, the Word is unquestionably true, but our fallible human interpretations of it may well miss the mark. Actually, I think it's inevitable that fallible human understandings of God must result in all God-concepts being wrong. Some, perhaps, are more wrong than others. But still, my thinking I can actually fully understand (and explain in human languages!) the nature of an Infinite God works for me about as much as the idea that my cat really understands what it's like to be a human.

Who was the Christian theologian who remarked to the atheist, "The God you don't believe in, I don't believe in either"?

I think it was in Victorian England, but I can't remember who said it. Or maybe I have that one mixed up with the quip about God having an inordinate fondness for beetles. :eek:

Booko

Deviled Hen
barnabus said:
I suppose I should put my two cents in. I do believe the wiccan philosophy is evil, in that it supports moral relativism, as well as polytheism. If that is worth anything, LOL.

Perhaps as I go through the rest of this thread I'll see the Wiccans correct the misunderstanding about moral relativism.