• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
MOD POST, SANS LOTS OF SCARY RED FONT

When posting in this re-opened thread, let's all please keep in mind that RF
has rules about personal attacks, attacks against each others' religion and prostlytizing.
If anyone has any questions about these rules and how they apply to posts, please feel free to PM the mods, supermods or admins for help.

In everyone's posts, your civility is simply further proof of what a wonderful person you are. Thanks for letting it shine through!

maggie2

It is threads like this that make me remember why I gave up on Christianity a long time ago. I was experiencing some of just what has been happening on this thread, with Christians making everyone else wrong and them right. That was one of the main reasons I could not remain in the Christian faith.

Who among us is God? Who among us knows 100% for sure that our interpretation of the Bible is 100% what God intended? Is there really any human being who has the nerve to say that they know 100% what God intended? If so then I think they are implying that they are as wise as God. And I don't know any Christians or non-Christians for that matter, who are that wise.

It is lovely to pretend that we have all the answers and that we know exactly what is right or wrong. The problem is, it isn't the truth. No one who is human has all the right answers. No one who reads the Bible can be 100% sure that their understanding of it is 100% right. And it's about time that we stop pretending that we do have all the answers or that we are always right. It's time that we quit saying that others are wrong or evil just because they hold beliefs that are different from ours.

Is there anyone among us who has the gaul to say they are 100% wise? I don't think so. It's time that we quit pretending to be so. None of us are. What arrogance to imply or say that others are evil or wrong. We are not God. We are human. We are not all-knowing, we are simply human.

The older I get and the more I learn the more I realize that I know so little and need to learn so much more. (My signature line is...So much to LEARN and see and do). None of us are as wise as we could be and we certainly don't get to be wise by holding rigid beliefs and believing that we have the answers. It's been my experience that we gain wisdom through having an open mind and a willingness to learn. We gain wisdom by exploring ideas and new thoughts and concepts. We gain wisdom by realizing that we have a lot more to learn.

As to the wisdom on this thread, it has deteriorated even more over the past few posts. To call Wiccan evil or vanity and to say it is not 'of God' is to play God. We are not God. We cannot and do not know God's mind fully. We are only imperfect human beings. It's time we realized this and quit playing God. It's time we realize that we are not all-wise.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
****mod post****
some posts have been edited or deleted, to remove offense.
there is a fine line between stating an oppinion and condemming anothers beliefs.
****/mod post****

gnostic

The Lost One
Wwweeeeee!!!!

I've been deleted. I've been deleted! My post has been deleted.

That was fun. Let's do it again. Let's do it again! Break out the champagne! :)

Hey! :eek: Wait a minute. I don't drink. :(

:banghead3

Mike182

Flaming Queer
gnostic said:
Wwweeeeee!!!!

I've been deleted. I've been deleted! My post has been deleted.

That was fun. Let's do it again. Let's do it again! Break out the champagne! :)

Hey! :eek: Wait a minute. I don't drink. :(

:banghead3

yes.......

your post was refering to, and responding to another members post, which was violating forum rules.

i would have just edited out the quote and left your comments, but then you would have look foolish....

gnostic

The Lost One
Jerrell said:
Who are your gods? Do you know they exist for a fact?
I can ask exactly the same question, Jerrell.

Where is the fact on the existence of your god? On what basis do you base your opinion on?

gnostic

The Lost One
I don't mind about the deletion. A whole lot of posts got deleted in the process.

mike182 said:
but then you would have look foolish....
I've been nicknamed by another person as the Holy Fool in another site/forum, because of my illogical quest to find the enlightenment. So appearing foolish is not something new to me.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
You got me confused. why were my posts deleted? There was not anything breaking formu rules in them. I attacked no one.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
maggie2 said:
It is threads like this that make me remember why I gave up on Christianity a long time ago. I was experiencing some of just what has been happening on this thread, with Christians making everyone else wrong and them right. That was one of the main reasons I could not remain in the Christian faith.

Who among us is God? Who among us knows 100% for sure that our interpretation of the Bible is 100% what God intended? Is there really any human being who has the nerve to say that they know 100% what God intended? If so then I think they are implying that they are as wise as God. And I don't know any Christians or non-Christians for that matter, who are that wise.

It is lovely to pretend that we have all the answers and that we know exactly what is right or wrong. The problem is, it isn't the truth. No one who is human has all the right answers. No one who reads the Bible can be 100% sure that their understanding of it is 100% right. And it's about time that we stop pretending that we do have all the answers or that we are always right. It's time that we quit saying that others are wrong or evil just because they hold beliefs that are different from ours.

Is there anyone among us who has the gaul to say they are 100% wise? I don't think so. It's time that we quit pretending to be so. None of us are. What arrogance to imply or say that others are evil or wrong. We are not God. We are human. We are not all-knowing, we are simply human.

The older I get and the more I learn the more I realize that I know so little and need to learn so much more. (My signature line is...So much to LEARN and see and do). None of us are as wise as we could be and we certainly don't get to be wise by holding rigid beliefs and believing that we have the answers. It's been my experience that we gain wisdom through having an open mind and a willingness to learn. We gain wisdom by exploring ideas and new thoughts and concepts. We gain wisdom by realizing that we have a lot more to learn.

As to the wisdom on this thread, it has deteriorated even more over the past few posts. To call Wiccan evil or vanity and to say it is not 'of God' is to play God. We are not God. We cannot and do not know God's mind fully. We are only imperfect human beings. It's time we realized this and quit playing God. It's time we realize that we are not all-wise.

To call wiccans evil is to make a judgement; I am not here to make a judgement. Appart from anything, I don't believe wiccans to be evil............

Besides, I don't believe that any 'label' (such as wiccan, Christian, Judaist, Islamic) defines the person. What defines the individual are the motives in his /her heart. The only wiccans I know of are from this forum, and I would not judge them (I think there is nothing 'wrong' with them); unlike God though, I can't see what is in their hearts. maybe they are playacting at being decent people for the sake of the other members of the forum.

Perhaps, as a self titled 'follower of Christ' I am evil and I am just saying the right words at the right time to impress you all (but deep inside I am full of hate and loathing) How do you know I am not?.....................:bounce

Mike182

Flaming Queer
sorry jeff, but all the posts that were deleted were quoting and replying to Jerrell's posts, which were deleted.

you have not done anything wrong, he did, and his posts were deleted. all posts quoting his deleted posts had to be removed as well.

edit: any further questions about the deletion of posts can be directed to me via PM

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Michel, we don't. I know I've been surprised by some on here inn this forum. The older I get, the less faith I have in people. Seams people will hurt you, people you called friends.

bunny1ohio

jeffrey said:
If Christ is good, then going to a Christian church would mead you to being a good person, if you follow Christ's word. So in that same sense, if you follow Wicca, which was said to be evil, would that not lead you to become evil?

How bout this Jeff....

If going to church makes you a "good christian"..... does going to the garage make you a car? :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
bunny1ohio said:
How bout this Jeff....

If going to church makes you a "good christian"..... does going to the garage make you a car? :D
You got me messed up. It was tongue in cheek. Please read the other posts.

bunny1ohio

jeffrey said:
You got me messed up. I NEVER SAID WHAT YOU HAVE IN QUOTES.

In effect you did.... you said "if going to christian church can lead you to be a good person by following christ's words...."

Basically you can become a good person by following Christ's law.... I was being sarcastic *grins* .... it was a joke :D

BFD_Zayl

OMG!!! this is the third time ive had to type this!! i hate my keyboard so much.... (sometimes the backspace key randomly pushes) so ill start over again. wicca/witchcraft is almost always confused with sadism, but all the wiccans i know are very nice understanding people, the passage in the hebrew bible must have been either mistranslated or some fabrication of a fanatics mind, dont get me wrong, i know alot of people from other religions and they are all wonderfully nice people. wicca was created in 1940-50 area, witchcraft has no known creation date since its incredibly old, just because someone believes in something diffrent then you DOSN'T mean they believe in YOUR evil entitiy, all wiccans dont even believe in the christian devil, and most witches dont either, if they do then that means they are still christians to a degree since the devil is a christian entitiy, c'mon people just understand that its diffrent not evil. if your offended by what i said here then dont read it, its not like i forced you too, and i didnt try to offend anybody, im just saying what i think.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
bunny1ohio said:
In effect you did.... you said "if going to christian church can lead you to be a good person by following christ's words...."

Basically you can become a good person by following Christ's law...
It's out of context. Please read the other posts. My wife was called evil for being Wiccan. A good person comes from inside, not the religion you follow.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
It's out of context. Please read the other posts. My wife was called evil for being Wiccan. A good person comes from inside, not the religion you follow.

So true. I can attest to that. I've none some pretty awful mormons, some awesome baptists, some interesting muslims.

Like Jeff said, what matters most is the heart of the person.:flower:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I just wanted to apologize to everyone who had their posts deleted. The fault was mine- I was feeling 'out of it' yesterday, and forgot to edit a particular post before 'unlocking' the thread.

I'm sorry, all!