• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
That's fine. You're entitled. You do not accept the Word's depiction of God.

I do.

And I reckon at this point, there's no point in running around in circles.
We just see Christ and his word differently. If God speaks
to me and God speaks to you and we have to different messages... I believe my heart, not a book written by man....

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
We just see Christ and his word differently. If God speaks
to me and God speaks to you and we have to different messages... I believe my heart, not a book written by man....

And how on earth would you have any inkling of Christ had that book...written by man never been?

You've made a decision to discount the Word...but the Word believe it or not...is a very vital part to even your current belief system.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
According to the Word...Jesus Christ is the phoneline between man and God.
And the baptist thinks he has, and the morman thinks he has, and the buddhist thinks he has and the muslim thinks he has... An everyone gets a different message... Go figure.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
And how on earth would you have any inkling of Christ had that book...written by man never been?

You've made a decision to discount the Word...but the Word believe it or not...is a very vital part to even your current belief system.
The word is Christ. Show me once again, where i have discounted that. I discount the OT That, according to the gospel of john, is not the word.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
And the baptist thinks he has, and the morman thinks he has, and the buddhist thinks he has and the muslim thinks he has... An everyone gets a different message... Go figure.

I can't speak on behalf of Buddhists and Muslims but I can on behalf of Christian religions and Christ Jesus IS THE Message.

That message is consistent.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
The word is Christ. Show me once again, where i have discounted that. I discount the OT That, according to the gospel of john, is not the word.

There is much in the NT that you do appear to discount.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
What do you mean...where you said it?

This was my opinion.
There is much in the NT that you do appear to discount.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:

This conclusion hasn't been drawn by one specific post, Jeff. It's my personal opinion.

This wasn't intended as a personal attack. I guess I could compose a lengthy post, explaining myself but I don't really think it's necessary...

To each his/her own.

We've already established that we view things differently...so I really should bow out now and leave it at that...

maggie2

To respond to the original post: No, I do not believe Wiccans are evil any more than Christians are evil or Greeks are evil or Mexicans are evil or anyone else is evil. But then again, I don't really believe in evil at all.

Each human being must find their own path to God. Some choose a Christian path, some choose Islam, some choose Taoism, others choose Wiccan. There are hundreds, if not thousands of religions. I think is it extremely arrogant to believe that our chosen faith is the only one true faith. I think that we do not serve God when we hold such beliefs.

If any of us choose to read any of Christian history we can certainly not pretend that the Bible is inspired by God. It has been hacked up and translated and copied and changed, and added to and taken away from and passed on by oral tradition for centuries and even conservative Christian scholars are no longer claiming it to be totally true. It might be nice and comforting to think we have all the right answers but it is also something that Christ would not have approved of. If I recall correctly, the religious people of Christ's day who He scorned were the Scribes and Pharasees...the very people who thought they knew it all. Did not Christ say..."Woe to you, Scribes and Pharasees"...? Yes, He did. Christ did not like their smug belief that they knew all the answers.

As I read posts here at RE I sometimes think of kids who say things like, "My Daddy's bigger than your Daddy is," or, "My Mommy's prettier than your Mommy is". SOME Christians have that habit..."My God's the only true God, and your God can't possibly be good. It must be evil." "Jesus is the only way...if you worship any other way you're not following God." And on and on it goes.

People may say they are not judging but that is really not so. After reading this whole thread very carefully it is easy to see that the implication is that Jeff's wife is healing in the name of satan and therefore it is evil. People may try to couch their thoughts but the truth is there to be seen. And just so there's no doubt about what I happen to be saying here, I think that those implications are also un-Christ-like. Christians are told not to judge...remember in Matthew when Jesus says to get the plank out of your own eye before you try to take the sliver out of your brother's?

God is so much bigger than that. What a shame that sometimes He is made so small and petty.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
This conclusion hasn't been drawn by one specific post, Jeff. It's my personal opinion.

This wasn't intended as a personal attack. I guess I could compose a lengthy post, explaining myself but I don't really think it's necessary...

To each his/her own.

We've already established that we view things differently...so I really should bow out now and leave it at that...
I respect your opinion, and I know God has touched you. Just don't close the door on other possibilities.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
I respect your opinion, and I know God has touched you. Just don't close the door on other possibilities.

I'm not closing the door to anything. I'm simply standing firm on what I believe to be right...which is the Word and what the Word teaches.

I respect your opinion as well. And I sincerely will miss Rebecca if she doesn't post here anymore and have never considered you and your wife to be anything other than kind people.

I don't have to agree with your religious views to appreciate you as a person. :flower:

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
I don't have to agree with your religious views to appreciate you as a person. :flower:

Agreed. I feel the same way towards you as Dawny stated right here. I may complain and rant and rave about what you say, but I appreciate you as a person also.:flower2:

gnostic

The Lost One
Already 133 replies :eek: (134 including this one). I had only replied once, at the beginning. I don't know if I can read all the replies. By the time, I do read them all, perhaps another 133 replies may be posted, before I can reply to anyone.

DakotaGypsy

FFH said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hebrew Bible Matrix [/FONT]

(Bible Code)

Wicca.gif

Wicca-rep.gif

Wicca - A polytheistic Neo-Pagan nature religion inspired by pre-Christian western European beliefs, whose central deity is a mother goddess and which includes the use of herbal magic and benign witchcraft.​

Witchcraft and magic are tools that our adversary uses to show forth his power.​

We must do all things in the name of Jesus Christ. It is only by his power and authority that we perform miracles, if we are to call ourselves Christian.​

Using esoteric symbols to bewilder most in order to stifle dissent? To quell discussion? What is the underlying fear here? What are you truly afraid of?

From Wikipedia:

Obscurantism is opposition to extension or dissemination of knowledge beyond certain limits and to questioning dogmas. Obscurantism is the opposite of freethought and is often associated with religious fundamentalism by its opponents. Indeed, it is a commonly raised accusation in debates on academic freedom, with anti-communists and others associating it with the philosophy of G. W. F. Hegel and his followers (including Karl Marx) and more recently with opponents of Martin Heidegger doing the same.
The Marquis de Condorcet wrote profusely on the phenomenon.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I am glad I wasn't the only one to be totally confused by that post. For all the meaning it gave me, it might have been a barrel of beer.

DakotaGypsy

Ah, yes, Michel--now, about all the time you spend in a barrel of beer. . . .I've been meaning to have a few words with you. . .

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
FFH said:
Witchcraft and magic are tools that our adversary uses to show forth his power.
We must do all things in the name of Jesus Christ. It is only by his power and authority that we perform miracles, if we are to call ourselves Christian.
Didn't Jesus use 'witchcraft and magic'? People have a hard time understanding the spiritual because the physical is in the way. Jesus said that only through him. . . , and in his Name . . . . . but he never said to worship him as God. It's not about Jesus the man, it's about Christ, the spirit. And when you say in Jesus' name, that is not his name, that is his name translated several times. And then we are stuck in the tower of babble. What language is the right language. Whose NAME is the right name? The energy to heal is the same healing energy wether it comes from a Presbyterian Preacher, an african witch-doctor, a catholic priest, or a Wicca priestess. The energy to perform miracles is the same energy for casting spells.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
EnhancedSpirit said:
Didn't Jesus use 'witchcraft and magic'? People have a hard time understanding the spiritual because the physical is in the way. Jesus said that only through him. . . , and in his Name . . . . . but he never said to worship him as God. It's not about Jesus the man, it's about Christ, the spirit. And when you say in Jesus' name, that is not his name, that is his name translated several times. And then we are stuck in the tower of babble. What language is the right language. Whose NAME is the right name? The energy to heal is the same healing energy wether it comes from a Presbyterian Preacher, an african witch-doctor, a catholic priest, or a Wicca priestess. The energy to perform miracles is the same energy for casting spells.

Exactly! That is what I spent God knows how many posts trying to make that point! Got to frubal you!