• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Wicca evil?

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
I DO believe that Good comes from God.

I also believe that there is a devil who blinds us...and deceives. I've stated this quite a few times.

For the past two posts:hug:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Jeffrey, the gods and goddesses of Wiccan and Pagan religions are NOT the God of Abraham. I'm sorry. They didn't hang on a cross for my benefit.
But if there is only 1 higher power... Oh, I forgot. Despite what Christ stated, satan can heal for the good too.

I NEVER used the term evil, Jeffrey. NEVER. And I've never said anything negative about Rebecca. Just because I didn't PM you, making an inquiry doesn't make me less of a Christian. I didn't think that it was any of my business.
You used the term satan

If you believe that Christ is false...that's you're right.
Show me the post I stated that.

I for one believe whole heartedly in the same God that Abraham believed in. And my God is not a God of wrath or violence. My God hung on a cross in complete agony for my sins. Again...I ask you...do think that there was vengeance or hate in that blood stained face?
Show me where I said that also

And if you find satisfaction and peace and happiness in the Wiccan god and goddess...then good for you. You continue the spiritual path that you feel most comfortable with. I think no less of you as a person.
Show me where I stated that I believe in more then 1 God
I will continue to stand firm on my belief and love in Christ. I'm a sinner. I make many mistakes but my love and belief in Christ will be constant. My Jesus died for me.
Agreed.
When I lay hands on an individual...I do so in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour. Any healing that occurs has occurred because God Almighty has willed it and the Holy Spirit within me...healed that individual. It's not about me at all.
Show me where I said different.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
I DO believe that Good comes from God.

I also believe that there is a devil who blinds us...and deceives. I've stated this quite a few times.
And who's to say that it is the Christians who are the blinded ones.... Evil, no. Blinded, yes. Some, at least.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
But if there is only 1 higher power... Oh, I forgot. Despite what Christ stated, satan can heal for the good too.

Yes, Satan can give a false healing and it may seem real, but it mocks Christ and HIs healing. Satan's healing doesn't last. Ever seen any of those TV-healers?? We all know they are fakes, I found a study (cant' remember where), but this guy went around folloiwng a TV healer and found out that after those 'healings' they were worse off, and I believe it was because it was a 'fake healing'.

You will jump all ove rmy back because of this, but you know what, I don't care. You seem much more interested in trying to disprove Christ and the Bible, you pasttime, not mine.

Have a wonderful night Jeff and say hi to Rebecca for me.

:flower:
As for me, I'm off to work on a huge final project for school.
Good night.

FFH

Veteran Member
Jeff said:
Please show me how this is evil.

Jeff said:
do as ye will
Aleister Crowley taught in his book, "Do What Thou Wilt," this moral code, which he seemed to be famous for.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

This is a moral code that is accepted and practiced by Satanists.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
I do not believe in the devil. The only evil there is is in the hearts of some people.

Well, that's the difference between us, isn't it? I believe that the devil does exist.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

I think you know very well what I meant.

You used the term satan

Not to describe you and your wife. I felt as if you were implying that I'm less Christian because I didn't PM you...asking about what happened between you, Rebecca and Scott. I don't think it's any of my business. I've also made it clear that I'm not into slapping labels upon people...but I DO believe that there is a very REAL Satan, Jeff. And I do believe that Satan's ability to trick and deceive is very real. I will not deny my beliefs to appease you or anyone else. You may not like what I believe or agree with me but I will not conform to appease others who feel otherwise.

Show me the post I stated that.

I believe it was insinuated when you stated this...

Maybe the false god christ warned about is todays christianity.

Show me where I said that also

Did you not say that the Christian God as viewed by most Christians is PETTY, VENGEFUL and HATEFUL?

Show me where I stated that I believe in more then 1 God

Isn't Wicca a polytheistic religion?

Show me where I said different.

I felt you were insinuating something different. I was under the impression that you no longer acknowledge God in the same light as most Christians do. God to you...is the very same as any other god. So, if you were to lay hands on an individual...you're not exactly doing so in the same manner that a Christian would. If you would...then my apologies but I have a hunch that when one from another religion...a religion that does not acknowledge the God of Abraham...lays hands on an individual...their faith isn't in the God of Abraham.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
You will jump all ove rmy back because of this, but you know what, I don't care. You seem much more interested in trying to disprove Christ and the Bible, you pasttime, not mine.
Show me the posts I have done this.
Yes, Satan can give a false healing and it may seem real, but it mocks Christ and HIs healing. Satan's healing doesn't last. Ever seen any of those TV-healers?? We all know they are fakes, I found a study (cant' remember where), but this guy went around folloiwng a TV healer and found out that after those 'healings' they were worse off, and I believe it was because it was a 'fake healing'.
So, a person who's healing does not last is from the devil.... How many people in your church that have had cancer, went into remission, but later died of that cancer? I'm not saying your church is of satan, just your formula is faulty.
As for me, I'm off to work on a huge final project for school.
Good night
Have a good night!

nightwolf

First lets look at the definition of evil:

1 Morally bad or wrong; wicked
2 Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful
3 Characterized by or indicating future misfortune
4 Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous
5 Characterized by anger or spite; malicious

1 Evil only becomes a matter of morals if it is against your own (Like christain views of wicca)
2 No wicca I have ever talked to meant any harm to anything, most I know of love all without prejudice, most wiccans are evn enviromentalists
3 I would suppose the only future misfortune one might have is if the bible is correct, but then that harms no one in the meanwhile so it causes no one misfurtune
4 Well since wiccans don't do these things?
5 Again wiccans don't do this, If it harm none, do as ye will!

Christains think that because wiccans don't believe what they do, it must be evil. But by definition how can it be? I have seen more morally wrong things done in a church then I have seen by a wiccan (like sending someone away because they are not dressed "right". Wiccans are not evil and either is the practice. People are evil not religions.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
dawny0826 said:
I think you know very well what I meant.

Not to describe you and your wife. I felt as if you were implying that I'm less Christian because I didn't PM you...asking about what happened between you, Rebecca and Scott. I don't think it's any of my business. I've also made it clear that I'm not into slapping labels upon people...but I DO believe that there is a very REAL Satan, Jeff. And I do believe that Satan's ability to trick and deceive is very real. I will not deny my beliefs to appease you or anyone else. You may not like what I believe or agree with me but I will not conform to appease others who feel otherwise.

I believe it was insinuated when you stated this...

Did you not say that the Christian God as viewed by most Christians is PETTY, VENGEFUL and HATEFUL?

Isn't Wicca a polytheistic religion?

I felt you were insinuating something different. I was under the impression that you no longer acknowledge God in the same light as most Christians do. God to you...is the very same as any other god. So, if you were to lay hands on an individual...you're not exactly doing so in the same manner that a Christian would. If you would...then my apologies but I have a hunch that when one from another religion...a religion that does not acknowledge the God of Abraham...lays hands on an individual...their faith isn't in the God of Abraham.
My contention is there is ONLY one God. There can be many aspects of this God. If a Wiccan prays to a God and Goddess, to me, it's all the same, just different faces of the same. But that is MY belief. To me, God is not just male, but female also. He his different thing to different people. I don't see God as jealous. Why should he be? What does he have to be jealous of? I don't see God as a mass murderer of kids. I don't see God has portrayed in the Bible.
I see Wiccans as loving everything of this earth... as Christ would have wanted. Loving this creation... As Christ would have wanted. I see Wiccans as more "Christ like" then most Christians...

Adstar

jeffrey said:
From another thread, a well known member stated that Wicca was evil. I myself find just the opposite. I find Wiccans to be, as a whole, more open minded, less judgemental, more loving, more "Christ like" then alot of Christians, less bigoted. How could this be evil?

Because God said so. We Christians are to have nothing to do with wicca. I trust in Gods will on the matter.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
jeffrey said:
My contention is there is ONLY one God. There can be many aspects of this God. If a Wiccan prays to a God and Goddess, to me, it's all the same, just different faces of the same. But that is MY belief. To me, God is not just male, but female also. He his different thing to different people. I don't see God as jealous. Why should he be? What does he have to be jealous of? I don't see God as a mass murderer of kids. I don't see God has portrayed in the Bible.
I see Wiccans as loving everything of this earth... as Christ would have wanted. Loving this creation... As Christ would have wanted. I see Wiccans as more "Christ like" then most Christians...

That's fine. You're entitled. You do not accept the Word's depiction of God.

I do.

And I reckon at this point, there's no point in running around in circles.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Adstar said:
Because God said so. We Christians are to have nothing to do with wicca. I trust in Gods will on the matter.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
Glad you have a direct phoneline to him.

All praise the Wiccans!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
And for the record...I did not say that I believed in more than one GOD. You wouldn't accept what I DID state.

This is what I said in reference to other gods...
who I don't really see as being gods but methods of trickery from a certain Satan

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
According to the Word...Jesus Christ is the phoneline between man and God.

That's what I mean, whose to say, He isn't talking to Jesus. :) Sorry if that came out wrong, didn't mean that. :kissbette