• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is time a consequence of sin?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ive never seen one wear a wrist watch
I don't wear one either.
I know cats for example know precisely when its 1pm, feeding time, they get fidgety for 10 or 15 minutes before then about 2 minutes to one they start milling about, pushing me toward the cupboard that contains the food... You've heard of herding cats... Think the reverse.

So i am sure at least some animals have a sense of time passing but their arrow of time doesn't have a second hand.
Seems presumptuous.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Ive never seen one wear a wrist watch

So i am sure at least some animals have a sense of time passing but their arrow of time doesn't have a second hand.
OMG!
My wrist watch does not have any hands....

McBell

Ive not had a Casio digit since i was a kid. I hear they are quite expensive now
Casio?
Um...
Mine came from Wal-mart clearance for $2....

In fact, it is so generic the maker did not put their name on it anywhere.....

McBell

You must have been flush to invest in such a timepiece
I do not know what that means....

I buy cheap watches because I am always catching them on things and losing them.
one time I even lost one in an industrial shredder...

The one that got ran over by the train was kinda my fault though.
I mean, I did put it on the track to show that a train running over a watch on the track would not cause a derailment....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I do not know what that means....

I buy cheap watches because I am always catching them on things and losing them.
one time I even lost one in an industrial shredder...

The one that got ran over by the train was kinda my fault though.
I mean, I did put it on the track to show that a train running over a watch on the track would not cause a derailment....

Flush means loaded with excess money in where i was dragged up

I did that same thing with a small denomination copper coin. Never did find the coin.

McBell

Flush means loaded with excess money in where i was dragged up

I did that same thing with a small denomination copper coin. Never did find the coin.
I did it with a penny once.
Far as I know it is still fused paper thin to the track.....

firedragon

Veteran Member
I heard from another Christian that time is a consequence of sin in the Garden of Eden. From the Fall of Adam, everything started to age. Adam was 930 years old when he died, so his first sin was when he was 0 years old. Is this thought wrong? It is very interesting to me.

God said that if Adam sins, he would die on the same day. If he was 0 years old when he sinned, and time started when he sinned and died when he was 930 years old, then he died in the year 930, so he really died on the same day, because for God, according to the Bible, 1000 years are like one day.

Someone has misunderstood this "death". The Bible says "the soul that sins shall die" but it also says the one who repents shall live. This is a spiritual death. Not a physical death.

Viker

Häxan
Already been kinda stated, but what the hoot.

Time is a result of universal expansion and gravitational pull. Or something.

I still think (the perception of) time is arbitrary.

Teritos

Someone has misunderstood this "death". The Bible says "the soul that sins shall die" but it also says the one who repents shall live. This is a spiritual death. Not a physical death.
If the body is dead, then actually the spirit is also dead, since the spirit is the brain. The brain needs a functioning body to live.

Teritos

I know that God told Adam that he would die, but......please point me to any verses preceding that verse where God said the REASON that Adam would die is because he sinned.
Genesis 2:17
but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for on the day that you eat from it you will certainly die.

To eat of the tree was a sin. The consequence was death.

Wandering Monk

The Bible shows a chronology of events happening sequentially in the garden of Eden.

In order for one event to precede another time is required.

So for example for Eve to be formed before Eve ate the apple implies time.

Summary: even according to the bible time existed before sin.
In my opinion.

AND there food would have to be digested. Doesn't that suggest entropy?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the body is dead, then actually the spirit is also dead, since the spirit is the brain. The brain needs a functioning body to live.
But all bodies answer to physics and biochemistry and have a use-by date. Once your life-maintaining functions fail, and that failure is irreversible, you're dead by definition, and death is the end of the road.