• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this few words enough to convert?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, they are used in the bathroom too, since God liked to use the same devices to produce souls, and biological disposal, for some reason.

So, why do you separate women and men during prayer?

Ciao

- viole

God didn't order us to make a room for women, in Hajj all pray together.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
True, but you cannot expect me blaming God for anything since I do not believe for a second in His existence. Especially your God with sex related prayer rooms.

It would be like telling me not to blame Pinocchio for this and that. Which looks a bit silly.

Ciao

- viole

I have to sleep. speak with your husband till I wakeup.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You mean the Aceh people were mosquitoes and that is why Allah had no compunction in killing them?

"Aceh is a religiously conservative territory and the only Indonesian province practicing Sharia law officially. .. Aceh was the closest point of land to the epicenter of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, which devastated much of the western coast of the province. Approximately 170,000 Indonesians were killed or went missing in the disaster." - Wikipedia

'Rehman' and 'Rahim', indeed.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You mean the Aceh people were mosquitoes and that is why Allah had no compunction in killing them?

"Aceh is a religiously conservative territory and the only Indonesian province practicing Sharia law officially. .. Aceh was the closest point of land to the epicenter of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, which devastated much of the western coast of the province. Approximately 170,000 Indonesians were killed or went missing in the disaster." - Wikipedia

'Rehman' and 'Rahim', indeed.

And many tourists died, the prophet was asked how God make punishment in one
group that good people live within them, the answer was that the good ones
will be judged according to their good deeds, life on earth is limited, all will die
if not today, not next month, not next 10 years, eventually death will come.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Islam is a journey to inner peace, just as other religions are too.
As you were following Falun Gong, that was described by you as a path of cultivation. You had specific practices, which are essentially qigong practices, if I'm correct. What practices specifically take the follower of Islam into inner spiritual development?

My view of Islam is that by and large, it is an exoteric religious practice. It focuses on the exterior forms of the religion. It demands of its followers to engage in certain ritual practices, such as praying towards Mecca five times a day, observances of holidays, a mandatory pilgrimage to Mecca at least once, etc.

I am familiar with the Sufis, who have esoteric practices, such as chants, and meditations, dances, etc. These are very much the interior spiritual path, as contrasted with strictly exterior practices.

What spiritual practices is there for you to develop the interior spaces, that rival or surpass any of the other pursuits which interested you previously? As far as I can tell, most of Islam is like a lot of other extoric forms of religion. Is interior spiritual development still important, and what tools does Islam specifically offer that facilitates that, like there are in Sufism, or Buddhism, or Hinduism, etc.?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
will be judged according to their good deeds, life on earth is limited, all will die
So what is the fun in

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So, why is Allah prolonging humanity on earth and not taking away all humans today? Why not Yawm al-Qiyāmah today? He can reward the faithful and punish the unbelievers. He knows who is what, he is all-knowing. Why new generations, and why new drama?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If i do fully convert it will be only my choice, and it will be out of truthfulness,it is not something i take lightely.
You say that, but in the (checks your profile) less than 2 years you've been here, this would be your third belief system.

How sure are you that you would stick with Islam?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You say that, but in the (checks your profile) less than 2 years you've been here, this would be your third belief system.

How sure are you that you would stick with Islam?
To be fair, I went through a few before I found one that really stuck. It's been nearly 4 years now and no sign of change. Some folks' spiritual path has more bends and hills than others'. I don't think it's really very productive to jab at someone for this. Especially as a lot of folks like to make the argument 'Well you only believe so and so since you were raised with it..' but then when they check out others they're basically accused of being fickle.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
To be fair, I went through a few before I found one that really stuck. It's been nearly 4 years now and now sign of change. Some folks' spiritual path has more bends and hills than others'. I don't think it's really very productive to jab at someone for this. Especially as a lot of folks like to make the argument 'Well you only believe so and so since you were raised with it..' but then when they check out others they're basically accused of being fickle.
There's no issue with checking belief systems out, but I don't think that's what @Amanaki has been doing.

I've watched him go from "Buddhism is the absolute truth" to "Falun Gong is the absolute truth" to now "Islam is the ultimate truth."

Someone who comes here and says "here's the religious group I've just gotten involved with it, and I see merit in it but I'm still exploring whether it's for me and whether I should officially join" would be fine.

What I'm seeing here is someone who has gone twice (on RF - I don't know how many times before) from a devout "true believer" in one religion to suddenly switching to being a devout "true believer" in something else. If this time is different, great, but so far it sure looks like a part of the same pattern.

I mean, I think I saw him going on about how wonderful Falun Gong was just the other day; now he's saying that he wasn't really practicing it? It doesn't add up.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What I'm seeing here is someone who has gone twice (on RF - I don't know how many times before) from a devout "true believer" in one religion to suddenly switching to being a devout "true believer" in something else. If this time is different, great, but so far it sure looks like a part of the same pattern.
What I see is someone who was on the Buddhist path for +/-20 years (very stable and determined)

Then he decided he could not get further with Buddhism (at least for now) and he wanted to know more about Falun Gong, and went in "hard", nothing wrong ... give it all you've got ... even good. Going in full, he quickly discovers it's not what he was looking for. Then he meets the woman of his life, who is a Muslima ... best to go in full again I think, and I give him that, he is doing that before getting married, that is the wisest. Going in full is great, I mean if you go in half/half, one could argue you have trust issues or fear to give it all you've got

But I do think your point is valid, that it's good to find a path we can stick to, that way you can go deeper. IF we are in search for water, and keep digging new holes we won't find it. Better to make one hole and continue digging till you get there.

But then again for some it might not work out. They know what they can handle themselves the best
And I do think it is great that @Amanaki goes in full, without holding back. That way he learns fastest

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be fair, I went through a few before I found one that really stuck. It's been nearly 4 years now and no sign of change. Some folks' spiritual path has more bends and hills than others'. I don't think it's really very productive to jab at someone for this. Especially as a lot of folks like to make the argument 'Well you only believe so and so since you were raised with it..' but then when they check out others they're basically accused of being fickle.
The changes do pose a problem to claims of "truth".
I'm lucky. I've undergone no real change, ie, always
been on the atheist spectrum. Yet my beliefs & values
are all mere opinion. No truth.
And I'm even suspicious of facts.