• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any religious argument that actually stands when scrutinized with reason?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Perfect knowledge is not required to study mythology.
It is for the sort of claims you've made though.

I'm just trying you to define your particular god of many that exist so we can debate the details. But you avoid this, and use a vague and rather generic philosophical sort of definition with no provided details.
I'm quite willing to discuss my God and beliefs when that is the topic and not an avenue used to distract from the inadequacies of a position

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm quite willing to discuss my God and beliefs when that is the topic and not an avenue used to distract from the inadequacies of a position

It sounds like your trying to argue a philosophical debate, more so then make a decent case for a position you wish to defend.

Theunis

If you're so intent on dodging the issue, no one can stop you. Just throw red herrings and build strawmen, but you're not down on the nut, are you?

Why don't scientists prove God like they prove other discoveries?
Hell bells you asked me do I know so it I replied and said it (in brackets) just a lot of guess work etc.

You are not understanding a word I say nor am I casting red herrings.
From what you say I guess you know the answer so I asked you to share it !!!!!!

Theunis

You dont have any credible statistics to back that up

The overall 5-year relative survival rate for childhood cancer has improved markedly over the past 3 decades, from 58.1% for cases diagnosed from 1975 to 1977 to 82.5% for diagnoses during 2001 to 2007, due to new and improved treatments

What do you know about my credible sources when you merely mention numbers that you may have deduced from thumb-sucking - that is you quote no credible source.
Try looking up "The Truth About Cancer", the "Independent Cancer Research Foundation" etc.
Apart from this how about looking beyond the five year rate or is it similar to where MSG was found that the Glutamate component to be cancer forming but the research beyond two years is ignored by the FDA
Then there are the Radium pills that shrink prostate cancer but actually feed the cancer stem cells and after the initial six months they increase at a much higher rate and spread through out the body.

You claim to be a historian and may I thus suggest that you stay away from subjects where your credibility is nil. Your problem appears to be that you love to argue just for the sake of argument.

This discourse is now way off base.
May I therefore suggest that we return to the OP's topic or start a new topic!

Last edited:

prometheus11

Hell bells you asked me do I know so it I replied and said it (in brackets) just a lot of guess work etc.

You are not understanding a word I say nor am I casting red herrings.
From what you say I guess you know the answer so I asked you to share it !!!!!!

Hells bells, I said that chemicals and medicines do what they consistently...so much so that doctors can use them (or not use them if they're consistently bad) when with prayer or belief the results are so inconsistent that doctors don't use them any more than witches incantations or wizards potions.

Your rejoinder wasn't. Focus on what's being presented not just how you might turn an example or shift the perspective.

Kelly of the Phoenix

If any religion require me to believe in the absurdities of man being able able to converse with animals, like (Eve with) a serpent (Genesis 3), (Balaam with) a donkey (Numbers 22), or (Solomon) with birds and ants (Qur'an 27), then those scriptures are not at all rational.
You can have nonverbal conversations though. :)

I agree with you.
This is just something I noticed. In the OT it says Abraham is an ancestor of the " Ärab" nation so why and how can Outhouse try to say that Abrahamic scriptures are untrue when at least two nations say the same thing. Of course with supreme and categorical knowledge it comes easy to him all he says it is mythology which he does not realize he says it is possible but he can't prove it is not so. How easily he rejects these nations the history in this regard leave me flabbergasted.
Can't we just do a DNA survey and see how well everyone is related? Can it be traced to someone from Ur during a certain time period?

Way off base. Because you have not witnessed such prayers, or just speaking to their God by doctors, you think that they do not do so.
The mans backbone was crushed and broken in different places; After doing the surgery the doctor said, well father I have done my best the rest is now up to you; subsequent X-rays left him with a mouth hanging open for what he did and the healing he saw on those X-rays was almost unbelievable. Of course you will now say it is an unsubstantiated anecdote.
Have you ever heard of the hospital in Beijing which is known as the "hospital without medicine"; Look up Gregg Braden, a scientist who is not afraid to investigate all things.
God didn't heal my grandfather and neither (apparently) did the surgeon, so he died anyway. Now what?

Theunis

Hells bells, I said that chemicals and medicines do what they consistently...so much so that doctors can use them (or not use them if they're consistently bad) when with prayer or belief the results are so inconsistent that doctors don't use them any more than witches incantations or wizards potions.

Your rejoinder wasn't. Focus on what's being presented not just how you might turn an example or shift the perspective.
Hmm in other words what you tried to say was as clear as mud.
Read what you had to say and then try again.
Humans in general are inconsistent. If you don't believe me try studying the mind.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
What do you know about my credible sources when you merely mention numbers that you may have deduced from thumb-sucking - that is you quote no credible source.
Try looking up "The Truth About Cancer", the "Independent Cancer Research Foundation" etc.
Apart from this how about looking beyond the five year rate or is it similar to where MSG was found that the Glutamate component to be cancer forming but the research beyond two years is ignored by the FDA
Then there are the Radium pills that shrink prostate cancer but actually feed the cancer stem cells and after the initial six months they increase at a much higher rate and spread through out the body.

You claim to be a historian and may I thus suggest that you stay away from subjects where your credibility is nil. Your problem appears to be that you love to argue just for the sake of argument.

This discourse is now way off base.
May I therefore suggest that we return to the OP's topic or start a new topic!

Independent Cancer Research Foundation is a fraud and has been exposed as such for years.

Shad

Veteran Member
Have you ever heard of the hospital in Beijing which is known as the "hospital without medicine"; Look up Gregg Braden, a scientist who is not afraid to investigate all things.

Braden has zero credential in any science let alone medicine. He has yet to even show anything he says works in a control environment. You believe in a quack

outhouse

Atheistically
Braden has zero credential in any science let alone medicine. He has yet to even show anything he says works in a control environment. You believe in a quack

He has promoted pseudohistory and pseudoscience since he joined.

prometheus11

Hmm in other words what you tried to say was as clear as mud.
Read what you had to say and then try again.
Humans in general are inconsistent. If you don't believe me try studying the mind.

Not accepted. I think you're smarter than that. I'm not going to believe you're dumb just to buy into this after-the-thought rationale.

Theunis

You can have nonverbal conversations though. :)

Can't we just do a DNA survey and see how well everyone is related? Can it be traced to someone from Ur during a certain time period?

God didn't heal my grandfather and neither (apparently) did the surgeon, so he died anyway. Now what?[/Q
Independent Cancer Research Foundation is a fraud and has been exposed as such for years.
Try again. They are alternative and the AMA does not control them

Shad

Veteran Member
Try again. They are alternative and the AMA does not control them

Alternatives is another word for pseudoscience used to cover for outright quacks that can not show their methods work. Besides both have been exposed for their flawed research and inability to produce any results that can be verified. You are suggesting there is a major conspiracy rather than accept that the fact that both are quacks and have been shown to be just that. After all you called one a scientist but he had no credentials in any science but sells New Age garbage to the gullible and desperate.

Theunis

Well now. Unlike others he has the guts to investigate all things.

Theunis

Alternatives is another word for pseudoscience used to cover for outright quacks that can not show their methods work. Besides both have been exposed for their flawed research and inability to produce any results that can be verified.
ROFL.
What about all those cases and alternative medicine reports that are to be found in "The truth about cancer" What about Dr S Zubynski ?
Off topic. Goodbye