• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the moon getting nearer ?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No , 10 + 15 = 25

Are you saying it doesn't ?
Nope, he did not say that at all. Also 10 - (-15) = 25

Number line number two. Subtraction. A minus sign simply means go the other way.

So 8 - 3 means that we start at the 8 and then go to the left, instead of to the right 3 spaces. We end up at the 5 so:

8 - 3 = 5

Are you with me so far?

james blunt

When a person cannot even do simple addition that person tends to make huge errors.

Learn some math, it is really not all that difficult.

Let's begin with the number line. When you take 5 and ad 3 that means that one starts at 5 on the number line and moves to the right (assuming that this number line increases to the right) three spaces or integers. One ends up at 8.

I am sure that you understand that.

x5 + x3 = x8

x8 + (-y5) + (-x8) + (+y5) = 0

james blunt

Nope, he did not say that at all. Also 10 - (-15) = 25

Number line number two. Subtraction. A minus sign simply means go the other way.

So 8 - 3 means that we start at the 8 and then go to the left, instead of to the right 3 spaces. We end up at the 5 so:

8 - 3 = 5

Are you with me so far?
I know that .

gnostic

The Lost One
No , 10 + 15 = 25

Are you saying it doesn't ?
Subduction Zone didn’t give you 10+15 question.

You need to focus on question he gave you, and you were wrong.

Try entering SZ’s calculation as shown:

10-(-15)​

Please use the bloody a calculator. And admit that you were wrong.

That will also equal to 25, exactly like the adding of two positive numbers.

Doing a subtraction of one negative number will give you the same answer, not -5, your original answer.

Had SZ not included a negative 15 (ie -15), hence subtracting 2 positive numbers, only then your -5 would have been correct.

Do you understand now?

You are being really defensive and keep repeating your mistake. You are making a fool of yourself, by no learning from your mistakes.

gnostic

The Lost One
You really took the time to try explaining that to him? Really?
Well someone has to. He is making fool of himself defending his incorrect answer.

He clearly didn’t learn anything from his high school maths.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You think I don't understand scalars and vectors ?

I'm happy to learn if it makes sense . 10 - (-15) makes no sense to me .
You clearly do not understand vectors. I doubt if you understand scalars either. They are simply terms that you ran into and are now parroting.

gnostic

The Lost One
You think I don't understand scalars and vectors ?

I'm happy to learn if it makes sense . 10 - (-15) makes no sense to me .
We know that you don’t understand.

10 - (-15) = 25, not -5.

Use a calculator.

If you were doing subtraction of 2 negative numbers, hence -10 & -15, then you would get different answer again, -10 - (-15) = 5, thus a positive 5.

james blunt

We know that you don’t understand.

10 - (-15) = 25, not -5.

Use a calculator.

If you were doing subtraction of 2 negative numbers, hence -10 & -15, then you would get different answer again, -10 - (-15) = 5, thus a positive 5.

10 + 15 = 25 so why are creating/use stupid malarkey maths ?

It makes no sense .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dream on , most of science is incorrect . I have shown people on this forum why it is incorrect .

I'm right and science is wrong , period !

No, you have only displayed ignorance. You cannot refute that which you do not understand, and you are stuck at elementary school math.

james blunt

No, you have only displayed ignorance. You cannot refute that which you do not understand, and you are stuck at elementary school math.

No , you are arrogant and like most science types hate the very fact that a nobody amateur can explain the Universe better than science and has created the god equation , not to mention flawed all your silly ideas about gravity , light and mass etc .

It is not I whom is clueless, is it now ?

james blunt

I might start a mini series on youtube , science comedy classics .

Did you know they use to think light traveled all on it's self :eek:

100's of years and they couldn't work out the simplicity of gravity o_O

Equations with words like mass, but they didn't know what mass was :(

A big bang , comedy gold :p

Time slows down :handok: Quality comedy

And apparently , just because I don't know some irrelevant maths , I've got problems :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited: