• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The Left Of Politics Fractured?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
They appear to be behaving more like fascists, though.
How are they behaving like they espouse dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy?

InChrist

Free4ever
How are they behaving like they espouse dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy?
That is exactly what is happening. The brown shirts of Hitler’s regime went around threatening, harassing, destroying lives and businesses, while attempting to remove legitimate police, That’s is what Antifa and BLM ( not all members/ protesters, but many and the organization) are doing in cities across the country and the Democrats are allowing, supportomg and using this type of anarchists oppressive behavior.

“We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing…The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.”George Orwell, 1984”

”When you give into blackmail and extortion, that is only a guarantee of one thing, that the blackmail and extortion will gleefully continue. They more you pay, the more they want. America is under attack from internal forces intent on destroying capitalism and replacing it with Marxism. If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, who say these Black Lives Natter riots “will continue and must continue”, are elected in November, the violence will not only never end, it will be sanctioned by the US government. Your vote counts, don’t waste it.”

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/bla...-percent-profits-be-given-to-black-community/

crossfire

Premium Member
That is exactly what is happening. The brown shirts of Hitler’s regime went around threatening, harassing, destroying lives and businesses, while attempting to remove legitimate police, That’s is what Antifa and BLM ( not all members/ protesters, but many and the organization) are doing in cities across the country and the Democrats are allowing, supportomg and using this type of anarchists oppressive behavior.
I wouldn't call the protesters a paramilitary organization, by any means.

“We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing…The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.”George Orwell, 1984”

The protesters are not seizing power.

”When you give
into blackmail and extortion, that is only a guarantee of one thing, that the blackmail and extortion will gleefully continue. They more you pay, the more they want. America is under attack from internal forces intent on destroying capitalism and replacing it with Marxism. If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, who say these Black Lives Natter riots “will continue and must continue”, are elected in November, the violence will not only never end, it will be sanctioned by the US government. Your vote counts, don’t waste it.”

Black Lives Matter Terrorists Take Over Trader Joe's Store In Seattle, Demand "15% At Least" Of Store Profits Be Given Over To The "Black Community" • Now The End Begins
Black Lives Matter is about protesting the police killing people of color and using undue force against those who protest these killings. Acknowledge and address the problem, stop the killings, and quit trying to obscure the issue.

crossfire

Premium Member

Black Lives Matter is about protesting the police killing people of color and using undue force against those who protest these killings. Acknowledge and address the problem, stop the killings, and quit trying to obscure the issue.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the protests and riots escalate every time the police kill someone. With everyone carrying a smartphone and videoing these killings, the problem simply can't be hushed and swept under the carpet anymore. Work to stop the killings by police, and maybe the people will be appeased.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The brown shirts of Hitler’s regime went around threatening, harassing, destroying lives and businesses, while attempting to remove legitimate police,
That is much more like a reference to the right-wing paramilitary groups that love Trump.

InChrist

Free4ever
That is much more like a reference to the right-wing paramilitary groups that love Trump.
Not really, they aren’t out there causing destruction and threatening businesses. Did you read the article about Trader Joe’s?

InChrist

Free4ever

Have you read the BLM Organization’s website or listened to the lead organizers? They openly admit they are Marxist group. Is targeting businesses, burning and looting, even destroying black lives, businesses and communities about “police killings”? Is this invasion of Trader Joe’s and demand for money about police killings?

Black Lives Matter Terrorists Take Over Trader Joe's Store In Seattle, Demand "15% At Least" Of Store Profits Be Given Over To The "Black Community" • Now The End Begins

crossfire

Premium Member
Have you read the BLM Organization’s website or listened to the lead organizers? They openly admit they are Marxist group. Is targeting businesses, burning and looting, even destroying black lives, businesses and communities about “police killings”? Is this invasion of Trader Joe’s and demand for money about police killings?

The majority of protesters are not part of this organization. As with all populist movements, there will be those who will try to co-opt the organic reaction and try to harness it for their own agenda.

metis

Not really, they aren’t out there causing destruction and threatening businesses. Did you read the article about Trader Joe’s?
Ever hear of Charlottesville? Ever hear of what happened at the Michigan state capital in Lansing? Aren't you even remotely aware of the fact the right-wing extremists have killed more Americans since 9-11 than any other group? And these elements ain't supporting Biden, let me tell ya.

InChrist

Free4ever
Ever hear of Charlottesville? Ever hear of what happened at the Michigan state capital in Lansing? Aren't you even remotely aware of the fact the right-wing extremists have killed more Americans since 9-11 than any other group? And these elements ain't supporting Biden, let me tell ya.
Yes, I am aware if those incidents. The key word you used was “extremists” and everyone knew they were extremists and their actions were condemned across nation by Republicans or Democrats, conservatives or liberals. The mob rule and violence taking in some of the Democratically run cities has not been condemned. On the contrary, it’s been encouraged and the police told to stand down by leftist mayors. Look at what has taken place in Seattle and Portland.

crossfire

Premium Member
Yes, I am aware if those incidents. The key word you used was “extremists” and everyone knew they were extremists and their actions were condemned across nation by Republicans or Democrats, conservatives or liberals. The mob rule and violence taking in some of the Democratically run cities has not been condemned. On the contrary, it’s been encouraged and the police told to stand down by leftist mayors. Look at what has taken place in Seattle and Portland.
In all fairness, I would say that the actual protests in Seattle and Portland have been quite tame as compared to the goings-on in the rest of the country. Most of the violence there was done by the police against the protesters, or by yahoos ploughing their cars into protesters. For example, I just saw the aftermath of the protests in Pennsylvania and was shocked by what I saw.

metis

You don't seem to recognize that there are "extremists" on both sides, thus you're using a double-standard. On top of that, if you actually did your homework, it's not just in "Democratically run cities" that have had this problem, plus neither Democratic nor Republican mayors encourage this.

You have shown to be all so willing to swallow the garbage put out by Trump, and your use of stereotyping is appalling as it is with his bigotry. Maybe try and do more of the homework and then use your own brain instead of just relying on his, OK?

InChrist

Free4ever
In all fairness, I would say that the actual protests in Seattle and Portland have been quite tame as compared to the goings-on in the rest of the country. Most of the violence there was done by the police against the protesters, or by yahoos ploughing their cars into protesters. For example, I just saw the aftermath of the protests in Pennsylvania and was shocked by what I saw.
Portland was not tame...

Nor Seattle..

And remember these riots went on for weeks and weeks.

It sounds to me like in Philadelphia it was the police being attacked by rioters, not the police initiating violence against protesters as you seem to say. Protesters don’t throw rocks, bricks, torch cars, smash windows and loot.

crossfire

Premium Member
Portland was not tame...

Nor Seattle..

And remember these riots went on for weeks and weeks.
The protests are still going on in Seattle. They are quite tame. (Much tamer since the Chief of police resigned.) Heck, some of the aftermath of sporting events in other cities is much worse than the protests in Seattle. Some looters will try to loot under the cover of the protests, but the protesters are not getting drawn in to the looting like in Philadelphia. There may be an uptick in protests again, as police shot another young black man in Clark County Washington Thursday. (This area is closer to Portland than to Seattle.)

The WTO protests back in 1999 were much worse than these protests.

It sounds to me like in Philadelphia it was the police being attacked by rioters, not the police initiating violence against protesters as you seem to say. Protesters don’t throw rocks, bricks, torch cars, smash windows and loot.

Like I said, I was shocked by what I saw in Philadelphia.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
A word about the affect of the WTO riots in Seattle 21 years ago: They were really bad. Mass false arrests were made and lawsuits ensued. From their patrol cars, police were pepper-spraying moms and their kids doing nothing but just out walking. Now that those kids have grown up, where do you think they are right now? Protesting police brutality, perhaps?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There isn't going to be fighting after the election, as much as some seem to daydream about it. Notice the mail ballots are being counted? Yes, that they are. If the election fails then the presidency falls to speaker of the house, etc. There is a process for when nobody gets elected. There will be no physical fighting, and the election will proceed. All fighting if any will be on legal grounds. If somebody gets other ideas they'll be brought into line or killed.

InChrist

Free4ever
The protests are still going on in Seattle. They are quite tame. (Much tamer since the Chief of police resigned.) Heck, some of the aftermath of sporting events in other cities is much worse than the protests in Seattle. Some looters will try to loot under the cover of the protests, but the protesters are not getting drawn in to the looting like in Philadelphia. There may be an uptick in protests again, as police shot another young black man in Clark County Washington Thursday. (This area is closer to Portland than to Seattle.)

The WTO protests back in 1999 were much worse than these protests.

Like I said, I was shocked by what I saw in Philadelphia.
Do you live in or near Seattle? You seem pretty familiar with the situation. What do you think about the resignation of the police chief? It sounds like her hands were tied concerning doing her job during the riots and she was almost forced out by the liberal mayor and city council, which is truly hypocritical, considering she had worked her way up to being the first black woman as Seattle Chief of Police and had encouraged and helped other minority people on the force.

crossfire

Premium Member
Do you live in or near Seattle? You seem pretty familiar with the situation.
Yes.
What do you think about the resignation of the police chief? It sounds like her hands were tied concerning doing her job during the riots and she was almost forced out by the liberal mayor and city council, which is truly hypocritical, considering she had worked her way up to being the first black woman as Seattle Chief of Police and had encouraged and helped other minority people on the force.
She was good, but she also violated City Ordinances about not using certain crowd control measures. (See my above post #96 about the WTO riots.) I know people who were injured by these prohibited devices. The use of these devices and injury of the peaceful protesters escalated the protests even more. (as well as leaving the City open to more lawsuits.) When the police went to open up the East Precinct Police Station (in the CHOP/CHAZ,) they were able to control the crowds just fine without the prohibited devices.

Her being a black woman had nothing to do with it.

These protests are about police brutality, (started by the killing of George Floyd.) What do you think is gonna happen when people protesting police brutality are met with police brutality? You mentioned hypocrisy...

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If the Left side of politics is fractured, in your opinion, who do you blame? The most vocal and most active around here has been these characters.

Perhaps you believe it is a whole. From my perspective it is terribly confusing, so much so that their own candidates don't know how to manage their own constituents.

Your thoughts?

At an overly simplistic level, progressives are always going to be more divided than conservatives.

One group is looking for change...which can mean a lot of different things depending on specifics. And the other group is looking to not change.

Of course one is easier to define and more cogent. How could it be otherwise?

Why do you see this as somehow informative of 'whos correct'?